Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

:shock:

You're older than me, and even I was off that train by the time Hang Time came around.

Honestly, I didn't make it farther than a few episodes into the College Years.
God that was awful.

The collage years was cool.

Hang Time was great until last few seasons when they changed the coach.

Don't forget city guys

BAH! "City Guys" isn't worth my time.

:shock:

You're older than me, and even I was off that train by the time Hang Time came around.

Honestly, I didn't make it farther than a few episodes into the College Years.
God that was awful.

My tv trivia knowledge is vast. Don't test it my son.

Julia Ling is my young Chun Li. Have her start the squats/lunges training immediately!

Last edited:
I am so pissed off right now , I was just thinking "Ah , I'll look up the new street fighter film to see if there is news" and I ****ing know.

1st) Kristin Kreuk is NOT Chun-Li she doesn't have it in her

2nd) they made this mistake with the first street fighter film , the main street fighter story from cartoons , anime movies , comics and what most consider to be the real story of the game = Ryu's story. NOT Chun-Li.

I am officially not going to watch this film at all as there is no way it can be good. I'm seriously very disappointed and angry by this

This should make Watcher happy. Maybe he can save Kristin from M. Bison!

:lol:

I actually approve of:

a) another Street Fighter movie

b) that it revolves around Chun-Li

and

c) and that Chun-Li is portrayed by Kristin Kreuk.

Not because I am

a) a fan of Street Fighter.

b) a fan of Chun-Li.

c) think that Kristin Kreuk is somehow hot or fits the character perfectly.

+500 Ourchair Points to Houde for speaking the truth.

Seriously Mole, as often as I "side" with you, or "get" your humour, I find your complaints about this film while somewhat valid, they are ten times more ludicrous because of the intensity of your outrage.

This should make Watcher happy. Maybe he can save Kristin from M. Bison!

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

Seriously Mole, as often as I "side" with you, or "get" your humour, I find your complaints about this film while somewhat valid, they are ten times more ludicrous because of the intensity of your outrage.

Well as a fan of street fighter I am outraged. Imagine if the new justice league for example that most fans are looking forward to suddenly got called

"Justice League : The Legend of Aquaman" and Aqua man is been played by Andy Dick. It's wrong!

Last edited:

Well as a fan of street fighter I am outraged. Imagine if the new justice league for example that most fans are looking forward to suddenly got called

"Justice League : The Legend of Aquaman" and Aqua man is been played by Andy Dick. It's wrong!

Justice League has a lot more history behind it, and it has a way bigger fanbase. Plus Kristen Kreuk = gorgeous, Andy Dick = douchebag, therefore your argument is invalid and contradicting.

Justice League has a lot more history behind it, and it has a way bigger fanbase. Plus Kristen Kreuk = gorgeous, Andy Dick = douchebag, therefore your argument is invalid and contradicting.

Again the fact she is hot has nothing to do with anything shes wrong for the part PERIOD , Hence the andy argument

More history blah blah blah has nothing to do with the fact they pissed off their fanbase by doing this **** as most fans think this is just a horrible move.

So how is that contradicting? Do you even know what that means?

Last edited:
Again the fact she is hot has nothing to do with anything shes wrong for the part PERIOD , Hence the andy argument

More history blah blah blah has nothing to do with the fact they pissed off their fanbase by doing this **** as most fans think this is just a horrible move.

Indubitably. Don't question my intelligence.

It's contradicting because you can't compare Kristen Kreuk and Andy Dick, because, as previously stated, Kristin Kreuk is ****ing gorgeous and Andy Dick is a douche. It's right there in my ****ing statement.

Last edited:
It's contradicting because you can't compare Kristen Kreuk and Andy Dick, because, as previously stated, Kristin Kreuk is ****ing gorgeous and Andy Dick is a douche. It's right there in my ****ing statement.

But it's NOT contradicting in the context of "wrong for the part" which was what I was going for.

Last edited:

First of all, you deliberately crafted a 'crappy' movie featuring Andy Dick to prove your argument, which is completely wrong.

I'm not saying your sense of outrage is uncalled for so much as I'm saying that you prove your point falsely.

It's like saying that this movie is analogous to creating a movie called "The Avengers: The Legend of Wonder Man" starring Pauly Shore, or The Ultimate Central: The Marvelous Mavericker" starring Richard Gere.

If you're going to make a case, make a case with some kind of logical parallel or comparison. I understand it is 'fun' to make outrageous stupid examples when debating a point, but this entire argument of yours is no-nosense.

You can start by saying, in separate and NOT continous statements that:

a) a Street Fighter movie focusing on Chun Li is wrong.

b) having Chun Li in a Street Fighter (that may or may not focus on her) be played by Kristin Kreuk is wrong.

c) arguing why this is somehow inherently inferior to a movie that features Ryu.

d) prove that 98% of all fans only care about the Ryu story of the game.

SSJmole said:

Here's another fallacy in this argument:

Justice League fans probably wouldn't be outraged at a film called "Justice League: The Legend of Aquaman" because few of them will be stupid enough to think that this is 'trampling on the Justice League property'.

Such a film would just be 'The Aquaman' movie, with a "Justice League" monker acting as a cross-movie brand name, just as one would say, "Justice League: Oliver Queen and The Super Max" would be viewed as a umbrella-branded Green Arrow film.

SSJmole said:
1st) Kristin Kreuk is NOT Chun-Li she doesn't have it in her
Oh ye of little faith.

Wentworth Miller is NOT a genius-level structural engineer turned prison escapee. He doesn't have it in him.

Edward Norton is NOT a trauma victim turned anger-supressed scientist. He doesn't have it in him.

Cate Blanchett is NOT a Jewish-American protest rocker and mutli-genre counterculture artist. She doesn't have it in her.

Yet, all three of them have played those roles.

Do you know what that is called?

It's called acting.

I don't care much for Kreuk, but there's nothing about her that inherently says she cannot play a butt-kicking international spy working for Interpol, and nothing about the physical attributes demanded by the role can't be solved by a total work out regimen to give her power thighs.

SSJmole said:
2nd) they made this mistake with the first street fighter film , the main street fighter story from cartoons , anime movies , comics and what most consider to be the real story of the game = Ryu's story. NOT Chun-Li.
So wait, Street Fighter was bad BECAUSE they focused on Guile?

Not because what few fight scenes they had totally sucked? And that they barely did any Fighting in the Streets? And barely anyone had any special attacks?

Not because the reality of Shadoloo as a totalitarian drug-dealing nation made no sense? Not because Ryu and Ken were 'arms dealers' turned into joke characters?

Not because Jean-Claude Van Damme is such a bad action star that he doesn't even know how to act around his accent like Arnold Schwarzenegger does?

And you think that all these problems can be fixed by focusing on a Ryu story?

Wow.

Justice League fans probably wouldn't be outraged at a film called "Justice League: The Legend of Aquaman" because few of them will be stupid enough to think that this is 'trampling on the Justice League property'.

They would be IF they had announced it simply as Justice League first. All that does is lead to people getting disappointed AND I guarantee they would be. Look at every comic movie that comes out , Fans are annoyed at something and something like that would be stupid.

It's called acting.

I don't care much for Kreuk, but there's nothing about her that inherently says she cannot play a butt-kicking international spy working for Interpol, and nothing about the physical attributes demanded by the role can't be solved by a total work out regimen to give her power thighs.

But she doesn't even act very well on Smallville and she's been doing that for like 6 years or more

So wait, Street Fighter was bad BECAUSE they focused on Guile?

Didn't say that , I said they made the mistake of not using the actual main charracter as a main charracter. It was one of many , many mistakes that film had

As for the whole "prove this , prove that" You are Trying to turn this in to a bigger debate than it should be. I posted and the point I was arguing was the whole "its ok because shes hot" point people were saying.

BUT you want proof that fans feel that way? Just go and look on street fighter message boards ect... Most are saying that or that She wrong to play Chun-Li

Now Chun-Li did have a cool story in street fighter. However it should not be the focus. I mentioned Ryu should be the focus as he is the main good guy. More people have connections to him e.g Ken , Akuma and more.

By pointing him on the sidelines or even just not as the focus has lessened the story of most of the other charracters and has made this have less potential than it should have.

Ignoring the main charracter and pointing in an actress who isn't that good at acting as the main focus of the movie is something that can only make this a C movie at best. I'm actually surprised that you , who brags about been a film ace or whatever doesn't even realise that.

But I could just wait , when the film comes out and sucks just post "I told you so" but I'm annoyed that the series does not get the film treatment it deserves. It one of if not The most popular fighting game of all time.

Countless re-releases , cartoons , Anime movies , figures , comics and more. It is a great series and needs to been done justice. It's a shame to see it be treated as an excuse to see hot women fight.

They would be IF they had announced it simply as Justice League first. All that does is lead to people getting disappointed AND I guarantee they would be. Look at every comic movie that comes out , Fans are annoyed at something and something like that would be stupid.
Did they make a formal announcement that this would be Street Fighter, a Ryu and His Fighting Pals story, prior to it being renamed The Legend of Chun-Li? Please show me proof of this.

That's not a dare, I just want to know if there was a formal announcement other than X studio announcing they have picked up the Street Fighter property, or that there was pre-production development rumblings.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that was promised was that it was a Street Fighter movie, and the only thing that means is that it's going to be a movie featuring the characters --- ostensibly several of them --- and that it doesn't conclusively mean anything else other than that.

That said, a studio isn't obliged to shape the news around what expectations it'll induce among fans during the development phase. They haven't even greenlit the damn movie and they're going to worry about this?

Imagine the following scene at Capcom's Marketing Department (I actually had to look up who was calling the shots for this movie, apparently Capcom controls the film rights, they weren't optioned out):

Charles Bellfield: So we've decided we're going to make a Street Fighter movie. Let's hold some meetings!

Enthusiastic Toady: "The fans will go nuts! We'll make lots of money!"

Fanboy Toady: "Do we know what kind of movie we're making?"

Charles Bellfield: "Um, no. Just that we want to make one. Everyone's forgotten about Van Damme."

Fanboy Toady: "Actually, they haven't."

Charles Bellfield: "Don't try to confuse me with the facts."

Practical Toady: "So we DON'T know what movie we're making?"

Charles Bellfield: "We don't?"

Practical Toady: "No."

Fanboy Toady: "Uh-oh."

Charles Bellfield: "Uh-oh indeed. We're a yes company, not a no company. Positive thinking people!"

Fanboy Toady: "That's not what I mean."

Practical Toady: "What DO you mean then?"

Fanboy Toady: "We can't start having meetings about a Street Fighter movie. Not until we've decided what movie we're making. So as of now, we are NOT making the movie."

Charles Bellfield: "We're not?"

Yes-Man Toady: "I'm scared! I think I just wet myself."

Practical Toady: "He's right. We're in the fanboy scoop age. A spy from Ain't It Cool News could be listening and reporting everything we do."

Charles Bellfield: "Or one of those guys from IGN! That'd be great! They always give us good reviews for our games."

Fanboy Toady: "No it's terrible."

Practical Toady: "He's right. We can't let one of those sneaky little AICN scoopers get word out that we're having meetings about Street Fighter! Not until we know what movie we're making."

Fanboy Toady: "What if we decide we want to make a Dhalsim movie? It'll piss them off!"

Charles Bellfield: "We're making a Dhalsim movie?"

Practical Toady: "No. But let's talk hypothetically --- we haven't greenlit the movie yet, but the sheer fact that we're having a meeting? Word will get out.

Word will get out we're having discussions about a Street Fighter movie. And it'll jazz everyone up like crazy and everyone will start fantasizing about the Street Fighter movie they want to see.

And then when we decide what movie we want to make --- personally, I think a movie about Elena would be HOT --- all the fans who disagree will accuse us for riling up their expectations.

On a movie we haven't greenlit yet.

So from now on, we don't have meetings.

We're not talking about the Street Fighter movie.

Not until we know what Street Fighter movie we're making."

Fanboy Toady: "So how do we decide what movie we're making?"

Practical Toady: "We talk in code.

Down Forward Weak Punch is "Option offer".

Away Forward Weak Kick is "10% of Domestic Box Office".

Down Up Strong Kick will be "Overseas Distribution Deal."

Away Forward Medium Punch is..."

Charles Bellfield: "So what happens when we've greenlit this picture?"

Fanboy Toady: "Super combos."

Ultimate Houde said:
Ourchair wins.
Thank you.

But just so Mole is clear on this:

It's not about winning. I'm not arguing to 'win'.

As for the whole "prove this , prove that" You are Trying to turn this in to a bigger debate than it should be. I posted and the point I was arguing was the whole "its ok because shes hot" point people were saying.
I'm not "trying to make this a bigger debate". It's not like I'm agreeing with the people who disagree with you for the same reason --- i.e. That she's "hot" --- and you take the word 'prove' way too strongly.

You know me better than to think that I would just pick a fight because I can, and would concede your opinion instead of belittling it.

I understand you feel so hostile because everyone is picking on your opinion, but don't lash out at me with this kind of nonsense:
SSJmole said:
I'm actually surprised that you , who brags about been a film ace or whatever doesn't even realise that.
Nevermind the fact that I have never once called myself a film ace, or bragged about it.
SSJMole said:
BUT you want proof that fans feel that way?
I never asked for proof of what fans think. I never said that your assessment of how fans feel was "wrong" nor have I ever said that the onus of my argument relies on what fans think.

Besides, are we not allowed to have Street Fighter movies featuring Chun-Li now? Even the marketing execs have conceded that they want to develop future prospects for other characters, so it's not like they're in some kind of deluded place where they think that Street Fighter begins and ends with Chun-Li and Chun-Li alone.

Latest posts

Back