Stuart Immonen the new Ultimate Spider-Man artist

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
UPDATE: Immonen has confirmed this news in an interview with Newsarama

ComicBookResources' Lying In The Gutters Column has posted this news:

"With Mark Bagley's lengthy run on "Ultimate Spider-Man" ending soon it means there are some really big shoes to fill for the next artist to come along. Who might it be?

I'm told Stuart Immonen is the new artist on "Ultimate Spider-Man." This makes sense considering the recent announcement that Stuart's previous title "Nextwave" with Warren Ellis had been cancelled, due in part that the sales levels on the book meant Marvel could no longer justify keeping Stuart on the title, according to Ellis.

To celebrate Stuart's arrival, I have decided to spell his name correctly.
"

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Who do you think should be the next USM artist?

Immonen?

yeahwa7.png

That is awesomeness not yet defined! What do you think MegaMan?

themfklegendmegamanbq8.gif

See? The Blue Bomber loves it........and you should too!!!

I am seriously deliriously happy.

Re: Stuart Immonen the new Ultimate Spider-Man artist?!

It's always all or nothing with you lot.

Meh. :/ Not my favorite, not my least favorite.

Immonen?

yeahwa7.png

That is awesomeness not yet defined! What do you think MegaMan?

themfklegendmegamanbq8.gif

See? The Blue Bomber loves it........and you should too!!!

I am seriously deliriously happy.
Same here. This news was the cherry on top of an already great day for me. Everything's coming up McCheese.:D

Too soon to decide whether Immonen will be a good fit for USM. But regardless, definitely a VAST improvement over Bagley, for sure.

- UC's least-vocal Bagley hater

I'd laugh if he wasn't. This isn't a confirmation, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

if this is true it's very interesting immonen (sp?) has very unique art and i think it could definately work well with the book

but on the other hand do you think immonen (sp?) could live up to the expectations raised by bagley's fantastic work

im very interested and at least this douses the rumors that dillon or byrne are the mystery artist (dillon ... *shudders*)

if this is true it's very interesting immonen (sp?) has very unique art and i think it could definately work well with the book

but on the other hand do you think immonen (sp?) could live up to the expectations raised by bagley's fantastic work

im very interested and at least this douses the rumors that dillon or byrne are the mystery artist (dillon ... *shudders*)
Not picking on you, but it's funny you ask about how to spell his last name when it's in the title. :lol:

Now, I'm not sure about this, to be honest. I didn't like his art on Ultimate X-Men. It didn't fit the book at all, besides having its downsides. But on NEXTWAVE, I didn't mind the art. It fit the book. So I'm skeptical here.

Whew...I picked a good time to start liking Immonen.

And Ice...this has a green light at LitG. He's pretty good about covering his bases - if it's green lit, it's most likely gonna happen.

And Ice...this has a green light at LitG. He's pretty good about covering his bases - if it's green lit, it's most likely gonna happen.
I know, I didn't say it wasn't. I just like to be 100% with things most of the time. Bad habit.

I know, I didn't say it wasn't. I just like to be 100% with things most of the time. Bad habit.

Nothing wrong with that.

Eh, Immonen is alright. I think Bagley is a better fit for Spidey, but they could have picked a lot worse.

Keep in mind, Immonen is a very versatile artist. He has many more styles than the one we saw in U. X-Men and UFF. Check out his stuff at http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=235&page=2
Most of know that, it's that the current style is not much of a good one, at least for UXM, which did NOT suit the book at all. Like I said, for NEXTWAVE, it's different. It fits with the book. I prefer the old style he's used.

Latest posts

Back