Super Mario (and Nintendo Business)

Other than the "building things with the tail" part I think your idea would be great for a 2D Mario adventure, sorta like Racoon Mario in SMB3.

Yes-that's what I was thinking of.

In every SMB game that's made, the sequel tries to outdo the predecessor.

And FAILS in everything after Super Mario World.

Except the Mario Karts, which get special exemption because of how awesome they are.

What are you talking about? The games that came after SMW, except maybe SM 64 don't count as sequels, and spin-off games don't count.

Can you think of any other suggestions for power-ups or items?

They should a variety of star power-ups.

When Mario collects the W, and L badges in the Paper Mario games and gains costumes similar to Wario's, Luigi's and Waluigi's, does Mario their gain their respective powers?

The only Mario-related adventure titles I've played were Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros, SMB II, SMB III, SMW, SM 64, and Super Mario Land.

What other Mario-related adventure games are worth playing?

Last edited:
I don't know about all those powers, Mav.

Some of them just seem goofy. Atomic powers? So he can melt the badguys? Visually, in a 3-d world, i'll grant you it would be cool, but practically, the ol plumbers got his fireballs. i think nintendo should go with the kiss method- keep it simple stupid.

I don't know about all those powers, Mav.

Some of them just seem goofy. Atomic powers? So he can melt the badguys? Visually, in a 3-d world, i'll grant you it would be cool, but practically, the ol plumbers got his fireballs. i think nintendo should go with the kiss method- keep it simple stupid.

Mario and Luigi can use alchemy to change one substance to another.

Who would win in a fight: Mario vs. Samus vs. Link?

well, link vs. samus is a bit of a toss-up, both can have plenty of health, but i feel that samus would take it, simply due to more health, higher jump, longer range, unlimited power beam/charge shot and more mobility.

either way, though, mario's got it. one word: starman.

...i'm not sure how seriously i was supposed to take that. OH WELL.

yes, super mario RPG will be coming out and no, it won't be soon enough. nintendo is being a jerk about releasing top titles, and if i don't get chrono trigger on my wii soon, i'm going to go into panic mode.

it involves panicking.

Last edited:
Will they be using the Philosopher's Stone? :roll:

:lol: No.

A torpedo power-up would work-It would turn Mario/Luigi into sort of a living bomb. They can fly and detonate things in their path.

I'd like to see Luigi in a solo game that doesn't involve ghostbusting.

Last edited:
yes, super mario RPG will be coming out and no, it won't be soon enough. nintendo is being a jerk about releasing top titles, and if i don't get chrono trigger on my wii soon, i'm going to go into panic mode.

Good luck on waiting for Chrono Trigger. Besides being a licensing nightmare with all the parties involved, Square-Enix has yet to release anything on Virtual Console and they haven't announced any plans for that to change. Luckily, I still have it on PSX with all of the beautiful cutscenes. 8)

Super Mario RPG, though, is owned by Nintendo, despite being developed by Square. As DSF said, it is coming out on the VC (Its already been rated by the ESRB), its just a matter of when.

A torpedo power-up would work-It would turn Mario/Luigi into sort of a living bomb. They can fly and detonate things in their path.

technically speaking, luigi already has that ability: luigi missile, from super smash bros.: melee.

Are the Mario and Luigi games worth picking up?

yes, they're just as good as the paper mario series, arguably better.

Last edited:
technically speaking, luigi already has that ability: luigi missile, from super smash bros.: melee.

yes, they're just as good as the paper mario series, arguably better.

How many different Mario-related adventure series are there?

How many different Mario-related adventure series are there?

RPGs, you mean?

Technically, three. But, Super Mario RPG is the only game in its series.

The other two are Paper Mario, which has 3 games, and Mario and Luigi, of which there are two games.

Latest posts

Back