Super Mario (and Nintendo Business)

Ok Mario games Here is what I think.

Favourite Mario game i've played = Mario kart 64

Least favourite = Mario Sunshine

Mario games I want that are coming out/are out - SSBB , Mario Strikers , paper mario , mario and sonic at the Olympics

Favourite character - Wario

Least favourite character - Waluigi.

Mario games (although some new ones are good) Have been really bad since nintendo turned him in to a whore. every year a new mario sports or party game comes out and it's sad.

The new mario galaxy looks like the new sonic games just with mario , That's not mario's style , Sunshine gave him a damn water cannon. "Wow look people he's gone from fighting boweser to cleaning streets" lame.

A great game they did that was not the original style was Lugi's mansion on gamecube. That is a game that should of gotten a sequel unlike 1000 mario sports game which are 99% of the time bad. Yes the new footie one looks good so does smash bros and paper maio but IMO it's too little too late and mario is beyond saving at this point. Even more than sonic.

They're supposed to be coming out with Super Wario Bros. for the Wii-seriously.

What do you mean? There is Super Mario Galaxy coming out, and Super Paper Mario is already out (and is one of the greatest games ever made). Most or all of the original Super Mario Bros. games are available on the Virtual Console.

Super Wario Bros. is a minigame from Wario Ware methinks.

A new Warioware? Because I've played 'em all and haven't seen it. EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently, there's such a minigame in the original Warioware.

And, as for being a separate game, I've never heard it and I'm constantly on gaming news sites (Gamespot, IGN, Kotaku, and the Penny-Arcade forums).

SSJmole said:
Mario games (although some new ones are good) Have been really bad since nintendo turned him in to a whore. every year a new mario sports or party game comes out and it's sad.

The new mario galaxy looks like the new sonic games just with mario , That's not mario's style , Sunshine gave him a damn water cannon. "Wow look people he's gone from fighting boweser to cleaning streets" lame.

A great game they did that was not the original style was Lugi's mansion on gamecube. That is a game that should of gotten a sequel unlike 1000 mario sports game which are 99% of the time bad. Yes the new footie one looks good so does smash bros and paper maio but IMO it's too little too late and mario is beyond saving at this point. Even more than sonic.

I completely disagree with you, mole. Even the worst of his new games, Mario Sunshine, was still pretty entertaining. Then we had Yoshi's Island DS, New Super Mario Bros, Mario 64 DS, Super Paper Mario. . .all excellent game. The sports games have also been top notch, and I'm sure they'll be even better on the Wii. I can't wait for Mario Tennis, Golf and Baseball on the Wii. Same goes for the excellent Mario Kart series. The only Mario series that I find fault with is the Mario Party games. They're becoming more tedious than fun (And that's with four people playing).

And Galaxy looks amazing. The fact that it has a co-op mode is even better.

Last edited:
A new Warioware? Because I've played 'em all and haven't seen it.

And, as for being a separate game, I've never heard it and I'm constantly on gaming news sites (Gamespot, IGN, Kotaku, and the Penny-Arcade forums).

I completely disagree with you, mole. Even the worst of his new games, Mario Sunshine, was still pretty entertaining. Then we had Yoshi's Island DS, New Super Mario Bros, Mario 64 DS, Super Paper Mario. . .all excellent game. The sports games have also been top notch, and I'm sure they'll be even better on the Wii. I can't wait for Mario Tennis, Golf and Baseball on the Wii. Same goes for the excellent Mario Kart series. The only Mario series that I find fault with is the Mario Party games. They're becoming more tedious than fun (And that's with four people playing).

And Galaxy looks amazing. The fact that it has a co-op mode is even better.

I said paper mario looks good. as for "Then we had Yoshi's Island DS, New Super Mario Bros, Mario 64 DS," two of those are ports with a few added features.

New Super Mario Bros looks great. However been a hand-held I don't count it I count the console versions in my talk about mario.

Mario Tennis and Golf were below average on cube and 64. However i hope they get better on wi. like strikers did.

Galaxy is co-op! thats a nice feature i'll admit BUT i'll still pass on it i think.

I'm not doubting you heard it somewhere, Mavericker, I'm just curious as to why none of the big gaming sites have reported it.

If ign or gamespot or even gamefaqs do not have it listed then it's not real i'm 99% positive of that

Last edited:
I said paper mario looks good. as for "Then we had Yoshi's Island DS, New Super Mario Bros, Mario 64 DS," two of those are ports with a few added features.

One of those is a port with added features. Yoshi's Island DS is a sequel to the original Yoshi's Island.

New Super Mario Bros looks great. However been a hand-held I don't count it I count the console versions in my talk about mario.

Oh, it is. It's a masterpiece. And you should count handhelds since a lot of them are as good, if not better, than the console games.

Mario Tennis and Golf were below average on cube and 64. However i hope they get better on wi. like strikers did.

Mario Tennis was awesome! What are talking about!? I'll give you Mario Golf, but I have high hope for the eventual Wii version.

Galaxy is co-op! thats a nice feature i'll admit BUT i'll still pass on it i think.

You're going to be missing out.

If ign or gamespot or even gamefaqs do not have it listed then it's not real i'm 99% positive of that

That's what I'm thinking, too.

One of those is a port with added features. Yoshi's Island DS is a sequel to the original Yoshi's Island.

Ah ok so I was wrong about that

Oh, it is. It's a masterpiece. And you should count handhelds since a lot of them are as good, if not better, than the console games.

No i like them but when I talk mario I talk console. The only reason is Console gaming is bigger than hand-held (not saying it's better or that hand held is not popular)

Another reason is if a game is not that good on a hand-held people can say "well the machine was limiting , However the console games have NO exuse for been bad.

You're going to be missing out.
maybe. If when it comes out it's good I'll buy it. However the style of it seems wrong for a mario game.

That's what I'm thinking, too.

Yeah look even http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_games which can be edited shows no mention and have Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on there announced only like 2 weeks ago

Last edited:
No i like them but when I talk mario I talk console. The only reason is Console gaming is bigger than hand-held (not saying it's better or that hand held is not popular)

I wouldn't even say that. The DS, alone, has sold over 40 million units. The three current consoles combined aren't even close to that number. Hell, the only console last generation that beat that was the PS2, with 100 million. The Xbox and Gamecube only sold 25 and 21 million respectively.

I understand what you're talking about with handheld limitations and all, but the DS is as powerful as an N64. And there are rumors that Nintendo is gearing up to announce a new Game Boy, possibly as powerful as the Gamecube. So, technical limitations aren't that big of a deal anymore.

Last edited:
Mario Party was invented strictly to make children swear.

It's just not fair!

It really isn't fair. You can do way better than everyone else and still lose because the game feels bad or something.

Ice said:
Everytime I see this thread, I keep thinking it says "Super Paper Mario".

It might as well! Brilliant game!

I like Some mario party games. My only problem is there's too many with no real things added and they removed DK as a playable character

It really isn't fair. You can do way better than everyone else and still lose because the game feels bad or something.

You can have a million more coins and stars than anyone and on a whim Bowser can come out and steal them all! There's no way you can even avoid it, it's just pure luck.

I like Some mario party games. My only problem is there's too many with no real things added and they removed DK as a playable character
OMG! I hate that they won't put him back!!

I mean, can't they have DK spaces (which are cool) and DK! That's not fair!

OMG! I hate that they won't put him back!!

I mean, can't they have DK spaces (which are cool) and DK! That's not fair!

Yeah. But Donkey kong Jr. or Diddy kong on the spaces and give us back our DK

I'd like to see Waluigi in a good solid platformer. Yes, he's still a relatively new character, but they need to do something with him instead of just sticking him in spin-off games.

Has anyone seen this site:

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/157

I don't think there's anything wrong with being a gaming fan, but I think this is a bit much.

I have a collection of vintage Mario and Luigi pins in my collection of things, but that's it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back