Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Discussion/Spoilers)

Got it today and played it all afternoon. :D

The first thing I did was attempt to play through classic mode with Link using my Gamecube controller. That's when I remembered that I never owned Melee and the last time I really played a SSB game was with the original. So I was quite rusty. But then I started using the Wiimote and the nunchuk and I felt much more comfortable. (Though I still shake the Wiimote when I'm playing as Link on occasion. :oops: Too much Twilight Princess, I guess.)

My best characters so far are Link, Samus, Ike, Pit, and Metaknight. (But it seems like everyone does pretty well with Metaknight.)

Just unlocked Snake! w00000t!!

Took me literally about 45-50 minutes. I kept ending up at times at the wrong stage when it came to selecting the stage since I wasn't paying attention. Then when I finally got to fight Snake, he owned my *** and beat me with his final smash. So I fought in the Shadow Moses stage one more time, fought him again, then owned him with my final smash. I took a picture of it, too. Booyeah.

I'm also half-way there to get Sonic. I've beaten Classic Mode 5 times so far.

Got it today and played it all afternoon. :D

The first thing I did was attempt to play through classic mode with Link using my Gamecube controller. That's when I remembered that I never owned Melee and the last time I really played a SSB game was with the original. So I was quite rusty. But then I started using the Wiimote and the nunchuk and I felt much more comfortable. (Though I still shake the Wiimote when I'm playing as Link on occasion. :oops: Too much Twilight Princess, I guess.)

My best characters so far are Link, Samus, Ike, Pit, and Metaknight. (But it seems like everyone does pretty well with Metaknight.)
Now give us your Friend Code!!

Speaking of Zero-Suit Samus, what did the deal with her end up being? Separate character, costume, or does he armour break off after using her final smash or some other move, and if so can you get it back?

You do her Final Smash and her armor breaks off. When Zero Suit Samus does her Final Smash, she get her armor back. Repeat ad nauseam.

Our crappy router finally crapped out a few days ago. I won't be online with the Wii until we can get another one.

Yeah, I tried to setup a computer-to-computer network to get online the wii gives me an error code, they said I need to change some setting on my computer which I don't know how to do.

So, Im still getting ****ing error codes, but if anyone wants to play against me I'll be online for a bit trying to get it to work.

I got Sonic today! And his stage, too.

And my Brawl party went off excellent. Everyone had a great time. I also have over 150 songs, over 200 stickers, over 100 Brawls (6 online with Houde)...it's awesome.

I got Sonic today! And his stage, too.

And my Brawl party went off excellent. Everyone had a great time. I also have over 150 songs, over 200 stickers, over 100 Brawls (6 online with Houde)...it's awesome.

Did you get the Tetris b song?

I unlocked Snake last night and he's my new favorite character. You have to learn how to use him properly, but once you've figured it out, he's excellent. Has anyone else figured out the little trick to get him to use his codec? It's hilarious.

I unlocked Ganondorf earlier tonight, after having to play through classic mode on hard three times in a row. I'd get to Ganondorf and he'd proceed to kick my ***. I'm actually a little disappointed with him. He's badass looking, but none of his moves are all that great. He's pretty powerful though.

Does anyone else find the Subspace Emissary thing...boring? 'Cause I do. It's going to suck having to unlock the rest of the characters through that. I'm only 14% finished and I've played like, three hours of it.

Last edited:
Just to make sure I understand - to unlock new players in adventure mode you have to complete adventure mode first, THEN go back to certain points and get the characters? Is that right?

Once the unlockable characters are with you in Adventure Mode, you'll get a notice saying they've joined your party. Then they are yours forever.

Once the unlockable characters are with you in Adventure Mode, you'll get a notice saying they've joined your party. Then they are yours forever.

Right, but do I have to finish adventure mode before I can get them? I only have one guy so far, and I think I am already past the part where I get Toon Link and I don't have him yet.

Right, but do I have to finish adventure mode before I can get them? I only have one guy so far, and I think I am already past the part where I get Toon Link and I don't have him yet.
If you get them on your team, you can go back to Brawl and use them.

And also, if you miss someone, you can still go back and try to get them again when you're in the "World Map".

If you get them on your team, you can go back to Brawl and use them.

And also, if you miss someone, you can still go back and try to get them again when you're in the "World Map".

:lol:

Maybe I'm not asking this right...

When I'm in adventure mode...can I get characters like Toon Link, Wolf, and Snake as I complete adventure mode, or do I have to complete it 100% then go back to battle them?

You can't "pass" the part with Toon Link. Toon Link, Wolf and Jigglypuff can only be gotten after you beat Adventure mode.

When I'm in adventure mode...can I get characters like Toon Link, Wolf, and Snake as I complete adventure mode, or do I have to complete it 100% then go back to battle them?

Snake automatically joins you at a certain part. The only character that you can "miss", really, is Ganondorf. To get him, you have to make sure Link and Zelda don't die in the level before the Great Maze.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back