Superman/Batman series discussion *Spoilers*

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Public Enemies (#1-6)

The fall of Luthor was a fun read. The new Toyman was cool. I like who was choosen to bring down Batman and Superman. The ending was the first hint of the crisis.

B

The Supergirl From Krypton (#8-13)

This is what got me getting this series. I love Supergirl. She is my favorite comic babe. I love Michael Turners art also. Thier was so amazing scenes in here.

A-

Absolute Power (#14-18 )

This was the worst arc. It was alright but kinda of boring. I did enjoy some of the alternate verisons of some of the characters.

Supergirl Prequel (#19)

This issue led into the new Supergirl series. I like Churchill's art. Expect for the small arms, (Doc Comic). I like watching Supergirl fight Clayface.

With A Veneagence (#20, #21, #22, and #23)

This is a rip at the Ultimates. It's lots of fun. The also had other marvel analogs in it. The Animal and The Bugg were ripoffs of Wolverine and Spider-Man. I also don't know how I feel about a Batzarro. Batzarro and Bizarro seek to find Batman and Superman to help them, (I think). Batzarro ends up in the hands of the Red Son Superman and Bizarro meets Batman Beyond. That was cool. They both get away. Batman gets taken over by some kryponite spirt who seems to be in league with the dead Maxmium, The Archer. They fight and Superman beats Batman but the Maxmiums so up to kick thier butts. But then Batzarro and Bizarros show up and save them. Batzarro gets left behind where he has to face the Maxmiums. Bizarro makes his way to Paradise Island and finds Supergirl in a towel. :drooling: . Batman ends up in Gotham and Superman on Darkseid's planet. Metron shows up and tells him that he has to free Darkseid from the source wall for a promise he made back in Absolute Power. And Batman finds out he's not in his Gotham when he meets Batwoman and Superwoman. This is a lot of fun but it's still got two more issues left. The big reveal of who's behind it all is a major wtf moment.

B+

I never read issue 7 with the Robin and Superboy issue. I still need to get that.

Last edited:
First arc is good. The rest is bleh.

Y'know, I was reading "Superman: Red Son" and I loved Millar's portrayal of both Superman and Batman. I think he'd be a great choice to write this book at some point in the future.

moonmaster said:
Y'know, I was reading "Superman: Red Son" and I loved Millar's portrayal of both Superman and Batman. I think he'd be a great choice to write this book at some point in the future.

Or, just let Millar have his own DC universe where he writes everyone.

moonmaster said:

I loved Batman's hat. It rocked. I just ordered the Red Son Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman figures.

Last edited:
Shihad said:
I might have a look at getting these in trades...... so the 1st one is the best?

Yes.

well i might have to get 1 and 2...... i'm trusting you guys!!!! i better not be let down (i wasn't let down with earth x)

Two is the best, one is a close second. The ending of two might leave you pretty pissed off though. Or confused.

Drop the book straight after 13, it goes downhill fast.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who hates the second arc? The story sucked, the art sucked, Supergirl sucks.

I get got issue 24. I love this freakin arc.

With Ultimates parodies, including Wolverine and Spider-man,

Batzarro and Bizarro,

Red Son Superman,

Batman Beyond,

Superwoman, Batwoman, Superlad, Big Bard & Miss Miracle,

Supergirl and all of the old ones including sliver age plus Powergirl,

Mxy,

and Darkseid.

And now Joker is in the mix.

I love this arc, Genius.

A

To be honest I find "With A Vengeance" unreadable.......I plan to start getting this again around #26, hope it gets back to the initial few arcs' quality.

Patriot Mk2 said:
To be honest I find "With A Vengeance" unreadable.......I plan to start getting this again around #26, hope it gets back to the initial few arcs' quality.

I love it for it's randomness.

I just finished the first arc. Great stuff. I love the art especially.

I'm really looking forward to catching up on the rest of this.

Latest posts

Back