The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

I hope they learn some sort of life lesson at the end when they realize how much they enjoy Tim Allen's company.

I actually reached out to some of my connections in the industry and managed to get my hands on an advance copy of the script.

Turns out it's family.

They learn a valuable life lesson about the importance of family and embracing people despite their flaws. You know, like a monster coke habit.

hahaha.

kind of makes sense though. spreading big budget movies over more of the calendar should decrease competition with other superhero/big-budget movies. besides, the Lord of the Rings, various Harry Potter films, Titanic and Avatar all show that big films can still make money over the holiday season.

Which of Marvel's movie properties are controlled by Marvel?

Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Hulk, Avengers are controlled by Marvel. Marvel also recently regained the rights to Blade and Punisher and the rights to Daredevil are apparently going back to Marvel soon (for now, Fox still holds the rights).

Spider-Man and Ghost Rider are Columbia/Sony
X-Men (and related characters) and FF are Fox

Last edited:
Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Hulk, Avengers are controlled by Marvel. Marvel also recently regained the rights to Blade and Punisher and the rights to Daredevil are apparently going back to Marvel soon (for now, Fox still holds the rights).

Spider-Man and Ghost Rider are Columbia/Sony
X-Men (and related characters) and FF are Fox

How much say does Marvel have in accepting/rejecting scripts and whatnot? More specifically, could they reject, reject, reject scripts until the rights reverted back to them?

first offical trailer for Men In Black 3 is up.

[video=youtube;IyaFEBI_L24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IyaFEBI_L24#![/video]

Didn't know where to put this but :

David Fincher's Spider-Man

My impression of what Spider-Man could be is very different from what Sam [Raimi] did or what Sam wanted to do," said Fincher. "I think the reason he directed that movie was because he wanted to do the Marvel comic superhero. I was never interested in the genesis story. I couldn't get past a guy getting bit by a red and blue spider. It was just a problem... It was not something that I felt I could do straight-faced. I wanted to start with Gwen Stacy and the Green Goblin, and I wanted to kill Gwen Stacy."

Fincher continued, "The title sequence of the movie that I was going to do was going to be a 10-minute -- basically a music video, an opera, which was going to be the one shot that took you through the entire Peter Parker [backstory]. Bit by a radioactive spider, the death of Uncle Ben, the loss of Mary Jane, and [then the movie] was going to begin with Peter meeting Gwen Stacy. It was a very different thing, it wasn't the teenager story. It was much more of the guy who's settled into being a freak."

from http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/121/1215299p1.html

Thoughts? Personally I really like this idea. It's a shame we never got it.

I was watching the 1st Spider-man movie (after 8 years), after the horrible fight at the end with Green Goblin and Spider-man and Norman activates his glider with the spikes and it kills him by impaling his nads. all I could think of was, John Doe (Kevin Spacey) from the movie Se7en would'a loved those spikes.

Fox wants to extend deal for Daredevil; willing to let Marvel use characters from Fantastic Four, including Silver Surfer & Galactus.

Sources state Marvel would be willing to give Fox more time to get its "Daredevil" reboot off the ground in exchange for the rights to use characters from the "Fantastic Four" cast of characters, including Galactus and the Silver Surfer, who would no doubt play a huge role in future Marvel films considering the current direction of its "Phase Two" slate of movies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back