The All About Comics Thread 5: Comic Books Ate My Paycheck

Did anyone read Masks by Chris Robinson? The first issue has art by Alex Ross. It's basically a story that combines a lot of the older pulp characters like Green Hornet and Kato, The Shadow, etc.

It seemed to require alot of knowledge of these characters to follow.

Yeah, I kind of thought so too. And I don't have that; I never really read or saw a lot of stories with these characters.

There is a new comic shop near me and they have free memberships. I just started a pull list consisting of Saga and Avengers. I haven't had a pull list in years.

I have read the Hell On Earth portion of BPRD.

BPRD is always a comic I wanted to read and enjoy, and I'm glad I did. The way they tell a story is very sweeping and grand, encompassing the whole world, while making you care for almost every character. The fact that they take great pains to make the story this far reaching is incredible.

Also the way they kill of characters at the drop of a hat is interesting in itself. I think the girl the survived the were jaguar attack is going to be the new were jaguar.

I also like how Abe Sapien, Liz Sherman and Roger the golem were revealed as the beings that will save the Earth. Meanwhile, Abe Sapien is currently braindead, Liz Sherman is missing, and Roger the golem has been dead for a long time now. I can't wait to see how that turns out.

tumblr_mfp6rjwhNX1qz581wo1_500.png

I have read the Hell On Earth portion of BPRD.

BPRD is always a comic I wanted to read and enjoy, and I'm glad I did. The way they tell a story is very sweeping and grand, encompassing the whole world, while making you care for almost every character. The fact that they take great pains to make the story this far reaching is incredible.

Also the way they kill of characters at the drop of a hat is interesting in itself. I think the girl the survived the were jaguar attack is going to be the new were jaguar.

I also like how Abe Sapien, Liz Sherman and Roger the golem were revealed as the beings that will save the Earth. Meanwhile, Abe Sapien is currently braindead, Liz Sherman is missing, and Roger the golem has been dead for a long time now. I can't wait to see how that turns out.

I think I've read a good portion of Hellboy but I've never read any BPRD or any other spinoffs.

BPRD is even better than Hellboy.

I did start reading Bone at Proj's recommendation. So far I really like it; it's got a little of everything and is funny. I think I'm about 6 chapters in.

I actually bought the complete volume about 5-6 years ago for really cheap, but never got around to starting it.

I did start reading Bone at Proj's recommendation. So far I really like it; it's got a little of everything and is funny. I think I'm about 6 chapters in.

I actually bought the complete volume about 5-6 years ago for really cheap, but never got around to starting it.

It only gets better!

My son read the entirety of the Bone One Volume Edition in about 3 days. He really liked it. I've read about 850 pages out of the 1300 or so.

Happy! by Grant Morrison just finished...I was a little disappointed because it wasn't as good as Grant Morrison's usual work, but it was still OK.

My son read the entirety of the Bone One Volume Edition in about 3 days. He really liked it. I've read about 850 pages out of the 1300 or so.

Awesome. Don't forget the spin-offs! If I recall correctly there was the Rose prequel, the Stupid Rats one, and the Big Johnson Bone prequel (though the suggestive context of the title makes it a bit dicey, the actual story and characters are pretty tame and child-friendly).

Someone broke into the home of Mike Allred and stole his and his wife's computers.

The guy is so dedicated to his work that he said he's going to make sure to not fall behind on FF.

Latest posts

Back