The All About Manga Thread

Awhile ago I posted a short summary of a manga called Mirai Nikki. I gotta say that this is one of my favorite mangas out right now, for no other reason than the character Yuno who is an awesome psychopath.

35.jpg

The chick is a crazy stalker who shows no signs of getting better, I love it.

A little late and a little light, but...

McCheese's Weekly Manga Review

Bleach - Nell, called Neliell now, is really powerful. The former number 3 Espada it would seem. That's all I got for this issue.

1/5 - Tasty Ceros

Naruto - More questions answered and a few more raised in this latest chapter. It's funny just how far they got in this series without answering some of these basic questions, but oddly enough I never clamored for it. The longer they dangeled these plot threads in front of my face the less I questioned it and then they sprung these last few issues on me. Spoilers ahoy folks, stop reading if you haven't read the issue. Jiraiya finishes the lamest interrogation in the history of Ninjary and pukes up a talking scroll. He talks to the scroll about how it should go to Naruto if something bad should happen to him. Wow. He is really, really doomed. The frog-scroll-thing doesn't think that's wise, saying you shouldn't keep the key and the safe in the same place. Jiraiya reveals that only half the Nine-tails chi is sealed in Naruto. I forgot whether it was the yin or the yang. Whatever, doesn't matter. I think the other half is in the scroll, but I'm not sure. Apparently the last time Naruto got his grubby little hands on the scroll was when he first went through the 4 tails transformation and nearly killed Jiraiya. Jiraiya floats a theory about the Ninetails being summoned. The scroll says no one was powerful enough for that. Jiraiya says Uchiha Madara. The scroll, who is kinda mouthy for an object, says he was long dead. Cut to ominous shot of Tobi. Didn't see that part coming.

4/5 Super Tobis

Hahaha. That is awesome.

Isn't it? In the newest chapter she shoots a cop's ear off.

A little late and a little light, but...

Naruto - More questions answered and a few more raised in this latest chapter. It's funny just how far they got in this series without answering some of these basic questions, but oddly enough I never clamored for it. The longer they dangeled these plot threads in front of my face the less I questioned it and then they sprung these last few issues on me. Spoilers ahoy folks, stop reading if you haven't read the issue. Jiraiya finishes the lamest interrogation in the history of Ninjary and pukes up a talking scroll. He talks to the scroll about how it should go to Naruto if something bad should happen to him. Wow. He is really, really doomed. The frog-scroll-thing doesn't think that's wise, saying you shouldn't keep the key and the safe in the same place. Jiraiya reveals that only half the Nine-tails chi is sealed in Naruto. I forgot whether it was the yin or the yang. Whatever, doesn't matter. I think the other half is in the scroll, but I'm not sure. Apparently the last time Naruto got his grubby little hands on the scroll was when he first went through the 4 tails transformation and nearly killed Jiraiya. Jiraiya floats a theory about the Ninetails being summoned. The scroll says no one was powerful enough for that. Jiraiya says Uchiha Madara. The scroll, who is kinda mouthy for an object, says he was long dead. Cut to ominous shot of Tobi. Didn't see that part coming.

4/5 Super Tobis

This makes me wonder if the explanation of Akatsuki's goal is completely bogus.

I started reading a manga called "Beck" off Mangarun...and it's been pretty entertaining so far. The main character is a pretty typical manga-stereotype (shy, submissive guy who's often falsely accused of being a pervert) but it quickly becomes more about music than main character's boring social life. It's reasonably interesting to read a comic about an aspiring rock band and this is pretty well written and drawn.

"I shank because I love"

Name the reference, get a muffin

I'm stumped.

I started reading a manga called "Beck" off Mangarun...and it's been pretty entertaining so far. The main character is a pretty typical manga-stereotype (shy, submissive guy who's often falsely accused of being a pervert) but it quickly becomes more about music than main character's boring social life. It's reasonably interesting to read a comic about an aspiring rock band and this is pretty well written and drawn.

I just got caught up with Beck's latest chapter, I really like this series. The only thing that kinda bugged me was that some characters get introduced and have a somewhat substantial role, then you never see them again. However, it actually adds to the realism of the series, so it's not that bad.

I also love the realistic art of the series, especially the during the dream.

3, 2, 1, Let's jam!

McCheese's Weekly Jump Manga Review

Bleach - The bad guy isn't dead. And he's more powerful than he's shown. Surprise, surprise. I was wrong when I used to tell Wade that this series isn't DBZ with swords. It is. Meanwhile Ishida notices the clones are flawed. Renji goes Bankai and for some reason the roof blows up. The other bad guy menaces. I don't know if I'm going to continue reading this.

1/5 Bland Villains

Naruto - Naruto runs into Sasuke. Sasuke kills Naruto. It was a shadow clone. Naruto uses it's memories to get a beat on Sasuke and the Konoha team goes chasing after him. Jiraiya sends the goon back to Konoha to be interrogated by someone who doesn't use tickle torture. He disguises himself as said goon and goes to investigate further. Meanwhile Konan tells Pein that the intruder is Jiraiya. Pein calls him Jiraiya-sensei, but seems to have no trouble with the notion of killing him. Konan goes Agent Paper and attacks Jiraiya who counters with an interesting new move of his own. Jiraiya knows Konan as well, saying she has grown into a fine woman.

3.5/5 Paper Spears of Death

One Piece - Oz searches for the remaining Strawhats. Nami wakes up mid-matrimony and tries to struggle free. The warthog-woman-thing saves her and tries to marry Absolam herself. He blasts her. Nami turns and faces him, but he goes down from one attack. Turns out he was all tuckered out from getting his *** handed to him by Sanji. Meanwhile the defeated Mugiwaras get up and challenge Oz to round 2. Should be an interesting fight.

3.5/5 Warthog Weddings

Renji goes Bankai and for some reason the roof blows up.

It was because all of his clones used bankai too. So they ended up penetrating through the roof with their long, hard snakes.

One Piece - Oz searches for the remaining Strawhats. Nami wakes up mid-matrimony and tries to struggle free. The warthog-woman-thing saves her and tries to marry Absolam herself. He blasts her. Nami turns and faces him, but he goes down from one attack. Turns out he was all tuckered out from getting his *** handed to him by Sanji. Meanwhile the defeated Mugiwaras get up and challenge Oz to round 2. Should be an interesting fight.

3.5/5 Warthog Weddings

Looking forward to the next chapter. I wonder why the scan was so ****ty looking today?

Last edited:
It was because all of his clones used bankai too. So they ended up breaking through the roof with their long, hard snakes.
:lol:

Nice.
Looking forward to the next chapter.
Same here.
I wonder why the scan was so ****ty looking today?
They said that the raws that were coming in were not the best quality. Last time this happened the replaced the bad quality scans with good ones within a week.

Wherefore art thou...

Warning: I hate you all.​

Bleach - Renji and Ishida fight the wierd guy. Wierd guy ingulfs Ishida in a goo. The goo then produces a Voodoo doll. Wierd guy plays with voodoo doll. He pulls out Ishida's Doll's stomach and destroys it. Ishida's real stomach is destroyed. I'm fairly sure that's fatal. Oh wells. Renji charges in. Meanwhile Scythey and Breastified Nell fight. They indicate the next issue will be a flashback of how Nell became a little kid in the first place.

3/5 Stomach Cramps

Naruto - Jiraiya vs Konan. It starts with Jiraiya's prisoner addressing her as an angel. She tells him to run away. He does. Hold up a second, didn't Jiraiya leave this guy in a frog and send him to Konoha to be interrogated. McCheese am confused. Jiraiya fights Konan some more and we learn that oil beats paper, but sentimental memories beat oil. Does paper beat sentimental memories? Nevermind. We go backwards through time itself to see that Jiraiya took care of some Rain village orphans. Jiraiya got freaked out when he saw Pein's freaky orphan eyes for the first time.

3.5/5 Bloodthirsty Orphans

One Piece - Docking sequence initiate!!! Or not. Starts with a funny scene that proves Franky should never be in charge of making decisions during a fight. Then the strawhats get together in a less ridiculous way and topple Oz. Unfortunately they only manage to tick him off. Ruh-roh. Elsewhere Nami talks with the warthog-bride-thing and goes to look for the treasure. Elsewhere again Perona loads the treasure onto Sunny. But Bartholomew Kuma of the Shichibukai steps on board. He's looking for Moria. Ruh-roh.

4/5 Bible Thumping Bears

Last edited:
Finally!

Wherefore art thou...

Warning: I hate you all.​

Bleach - Renji and Ishida fight the wierd guy. Wierd guy ingulfs Ishida in a goo. The goo then produces a Voodoo doll. Wierd guy plays with voodoo doll. He pulls out Ishida's Doll's stomach and destroys it. Ishida's real stomach is destroyed. I'm fairly sure that's fatal. Oh wells. Renji charges in. Meanwhile Scythey and Breastified Nell fight. They indicate the next issue will be a flashback of how Nell became a little kid in the first place.

3/5 Stomach Cramps

Don't you know? All Ishida needs are some bandages.

Naruto - Jiraiya vs Konan. It starts with Jiraiya's prisoner addressing her as an angel. She tells him to run away. He does. Hold up a second, didn't Jiraiya leave this guy in a frog and send him to Konoha to be interrogated. McCheese am confused. Jiraiya fights Konan some more and we learn that oil beats paper, but sentimental memories beat oil. Does paper beat sentimental memories? Nevermind. We go backwards through time itself to see that Jiraiya took care of some Rain village orphans. Jiraiya got freaked out when he saw Pein's freaky orphan eyes for the first time.

3.5/5 Bloodthirsty Orphans

Continuity beats sentimental memories. Paper beats continuity.

One Piece - Docking sequence initiate!!! Or not. Starts with a funny scene that proves Franky should never be in charge of making decisions during a fight. Then the strawhats get together in a less ridiculous way and topple Oz. Unfortunately they only manage to tick him off. Ruh-roh. Elsewhere Nami talks with the warthog-bride-thing and goes to look for the treasure. Elsewhere again Perona loads the treasure onto Sunny. But Bartholomew Kuma of the Shichibukai steps on board. He's looking for Moria. Ruh-roh.

4/5 Bible Thumping Bears

I loved how Oz really wanted to see them finish docking.:D

I disliked this week's chapter of Naruto. Mostly because it helped derail my Pein=Yondaime theory.

My apologies good sir.
:lol:
Continuity beats sentimental memories. Paper beats continuity.
Awesome. Good to know.
I loved how Oz really wanted to see them finish docking.:D
I can understand how he feels, I wanted to see it too.
I disliked this week's chapter of Naruto. Mostly because it helped derail my Pein=Yondaime theory.
Dude.

GIVE. IT. UP.

Latest posts

Back