The All About Politics Thread

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
I think its about time we put the 2008 Election thread to rest, since those times are over and done with and now we're dealing with the the rise of the 44th President of the United States of America, Barack Obama.

Things are getting interesting. Its starting to look like Hillary Clinton might find herself as Secretary of State, and we've already got a kickass White House Chief of Staff... It'll be interesting to see where things move from here.

Feel free to talk about all sorts of political happenings. Doesn't even have to be American politics. I figure we've still got enough interest to keep this guy going, and even if this thread slips back a few pages, now if something funky happens, we've got somewhere to discuss it.

So Clinton working with Barack... What do people think?

I think its about time we put the 2008 Election thread to rest, since those times are over and done with and now we're dealing with the the rise of the 44th President of the United States of America, Barack Obama.

Things are getting interesting. Its starting to look like Hillary Clinton might find herself as Secretary of State, and we've already got a kickass White House Chief of Staff... It'll be interesting to see where things move from here.

Feel free to talk about all sorts of political happenings. Doesn't even have to be American politics. I figure we've still got enough interest to keep this guy going, and even if this thread slips back a few pages, now if something funky happens, we've got somewhere to discuss it.

So Clinton working with Barack... What do people think?

I approve of her in the cabinet. I was against the idea of her being VP mainly because I feel the the VP position is the back up, the wing man, and with what Clinton had done during the campaign I doubt they could work together like that. But with enough space I think she can be very valuable the the new administration

I wouldn't be happy with Hilary Clinton having any more power than she currently has.

From GamePolitics comes word that Obama's FCC Transition Team will be co-chaired by a World of Warcraft geek.

Professor Kevin Werbach of Wharton University is not just a Net Neutrality advocate, but has blogged about how much WoW is taking time away from his other pursuits like TV and books.
Kevin Werbach said:
I play Warcraft because it's fun. It's taking time away from watching TV, reading books, and other entertainment pursuits. But I'm also playing because I believe MMOGs will be one of the primary forms of social software for the next decade. Defined broadly, they may become the dominant form of social software. And you can't understand games without experiencing them first-hand...

What [WoW] does is provide an incentive for people to develop new software and ideas for collaborative production. Many of those ideas will translate to other group activities, including those within the business world...
More here: http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/11/19/obama039s-fcc-transition-team-has-mmo-background

2008-11-16.gif

MMMMM. Bailout pie. Sprinkled with taxpayer tears.

Last edited:
So I'm at the checkout line at the Supermarket earlier and behind me is this uber white girl, and by that I mean she was so damn white she was white as a ghost.

She looks at a newspaper that has Obama on it, one of the stupid tabloid ones, and says, "Ugh. I knew he was set out to destroy our economy. He's the damn anti-christ."

Now, I of course don't know why she feels like that about Obama. It certainly isn't because he's black as she was with a black man herself.

So I'm at the checkout line at the Supermarket earlier and behind me is this uber white girl, and by that I mean she was so damn white she was white as a ghost.

She looks at a newspaper that has Obama on it, one of the stupid tabloid ones, and says, "Ugh. I knew he was set out to destroy our economy. He's the damn anti-christ."

Now, I of course don't know why she feels like that about Obama. It certainly isn't because he's black as she was with a black man herself.

Well for one, our economy is already destroyed. I guess we'll have to wait until January 21st when Colin Powell said the President would have to make some "unpopular decisions" on that day.

You can't destroy what has already been destroyed.

Unless you are so awesome that you can re-destroy things.

*waits for the inevitable Jack Bauer/Chuck Norris joke*

I know I posted this already in the YouTube thread, but it's just too good to not bring up here.

[youtube]GCCdGZod3UM[/youtube]

I heard the other night on Conan that Obama is embarrassed that he is still a smoker. When did he come out and say that he couldn't give up smoking?

Latest posts

Back