The All About Sports Thread: Even Sportier.

So Rangers take game 2, 7-2 and even up the ALCS series even with one a piece.

NLCS game 1 has begun and is currently tied at 0 in the 2nd.

IF the Buckeyes manage to mess up next week (which I hope they do), that gives now #2 Oregon Ducks a chance to get the number one spot. That 'll make Duck fans out here CRAZY.

Yeah, the Bucks lost 31-18 to Wisconsin. Ducks *should* be #1 next week.

So hardy got his ass knocked out by Condit. Totally awesome. Akiyama lost to Michael Bisping. What a crap decision.

As much as I love the Rangers, they **** it up every year.

Yeah, the Bucks lost 31-18 to Wisconsin. Ducks *should* be #1 next week.

Ducks got the #1 spot in the AP and USA today poll, hope they survive the one week curse.

edit: Ducks got #2 in the BCS poll, with Oklahoma getting #1

Last edited:
At least Michigan lost. :mrgreen:

We can hope the Spartans run the rest of the season, as much as I love my Buckeyes, they were turning into the Yankees of the Big 10.

We can hope the Spartans run the rest of the season, as much as I love my Buckeyes, they were turning into the Yankees of the Big 10.

Being a Spartan fan is rough. UofM and OSU fans *expect* to win and are used to it. The chest-puffery that went on with UofM fans before the MSU game last week was ridiculous considering no one realistically thought they had a prayer of winning that game. But they still maintained their regular arrogant-ness. My dad (MSU alum) went to that game and took a lot of crap from the UofM losers.

With MSU it's different - we knew there was no way Michigan would beat MSU (or even come close) and still we're biting our nails until the game ended. This is their best start since '66 I believe. I don't think anyone thinks they are really as good as they are playing or have played, and they have yet to face a really tough opponent (Notre Dame and Michigan were big wins and the games are usually tight but we're not so delusional as to think they are anything but garbage).

Being a Spartan fan is rough. UofM and OSU fans *expect* to win and are used to it. The chest-puffery that went on with UofM fans before the MSU game last week was ridiculous considering no one realistically thought they had a prayer of winning that game. But they still maintained their regular arrogant-ness. My dad (MSU alum) went to that game and took a lot of crap from the UofM losers.

With MSU it's different - we knew there was no way Michigan would beat MSU (or even come close) and still we're biting our nails until the game ended. This is their best start since '66 I believe. I don't think anyone thinks they are really as good as they are playing or have played, and they have yet to face a really tough opponent (Notre Dame and Michigan were big wins and the games are usually tight but we're not so delusional as to think they are anything but garbage).

That's where I have to give you my greatest sympathy. There's something seriously flawed in the heads of UofM fan (and some of the players), I mean, I understand confidence, but they go well into delusion. Personally, I think the Spartans are going to be the dark horse team in the BCS this year. They have a lot of heart and talent, and most importantly, they're hungry. That's what the Buckeyes lack this season, and you can see it.

Last edited:
There's something seriously flawed in the heads of UofM fan (and some of the players), I mean, I understand confidence, but they go well into delusion.

That's exactly it. You can hear their disbelief discussing games with them - none of them can comprehend that they just flat-out suck, have sucked for the last 3-4 years, and have no prospect of not sucking any time soon. The amazing thing is that it's every single one of them. There is no such thing as a rational Michigan fan with a level head on his shoulders. They do not exist.

The *funny* thing - to me anyway - is that most of them have no ties to the school whatsoever, and only like them because they used to be good. It makes me ill. I don't mean to be snooty, but I like MSU because I was raised to like MSU. My dad went there, and he's had season tickets for YEARS. I went to just about every home game for about 10 years or so straight. If there was such a thing, you could say it's in my blood. The games mean something to me because the school means something to me. And I hate the fact that Michigan's fanbase is made up of trailer-trash Neanderthals that couldn't dream their way into the school. I suppose that goes for most college teams but because it's Michigan it is particularly irksome to me.

I don't mean to say that you can't like a school because you didn't go there, but to be a smug a-hole about them like UofM's fans are, and act like they are somehow above someone else because of who they root for, is beyond ridiculous. Made even more ridiculous by the fact that MSU has had their number in both football and their cheating basketball programs for the last 5 years.

With a tough loss (It's Cliff Lee. No surprise there), Rangers take a 2-1 ALCS game lead. Game 4 tomorrow at 4pm. Sadly, it's while I am at work, so will have to listen to the game by the iPhone's radio.

Texas beat NY 10-3 last night. The series is now 3-1 for the Rangers. If the Yanks don't pull it off tonight they're done-zo

and SanFran beat Phillie 3-0 last night making the series 2-1 for the Giants. Game 4 is tonight.

So the Yankees finally win again and force a game 6 at Texas on Friday. Rangers lead ALCS 3-2.

Phillies at Giants game 4 is just underway.

Last edited:
Phillies win Game 5 (4-2), pushing the series back to Philadelphia forcing Game 6. Giants up in the NLCS 3-2.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back