The All About Sports Thread: Even Sportier.

Basketball teams usually come to Emerson to practice in our gym. (This past Summer, during the playoffs, the Lakers would walk by me every day while I sat desk.) Yesterday, the Knicks were practicing and afterward, Stoudemire was just sitting in the lobby with a friend. I was at the Info Booth and thought of something funny -- I can't remember what -- and just burst out laughing. Then I looked up and he was just glaring back at me.

Basketball teams usually come to Emerson to practice in our gym. (This past Summer, during the playoffs, the Lakers would walk by me every day while I sat desk.) Yesterday, the Knicks were practicing and afterward, Stoudemire was just sitting in the lobby with a friend. I was at the Info Booth and thought of something funny -- I can't remember what -- and just burst out laughing. Then I looked up and he was just glaring back at me.

wow, fml.

Tomorrow is the battle of the midwest. Who's watching the Bears vs. Packers? Who you rootin' for?

The only way the NFC title game could have been better would have been if, somehow, Jay Cutler could have been hit by a bus.

Also, although I hate the Packers, I love seeing them do well without Brett Favre. Plus, after how Aaron Rodgers was passed over in the draft, it's cool to see him lead his team to the Super Bowl.

So did anyone read the other day about the Mets team and the brasses getting mad because on their opening Friday night loss, someone played the Family Guy joke about the Mets from last Halloween's episode:

[video=youtube;okXhAC78d4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okXhAC78d4Q[/video]

I'm sure the person who played it was unfortunately fired.

[video=youtube;9e57dlq7ZA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e57dlq7ZA4[/video]

:lol:

soooo, hockey.

the Canucks (did you know i'm the captain of that team?) won the first two games in REALLY close games, and then got slaughtered last night 8-1.

How do you lose a game in the finals that badly? seriously, I'm embarrassed.

Aaaand Terrell Pryor is leaving for the NFL. It's kind of hard to be an OSU fan at the moment. But, at the same time, I can't quite understand the NCAA's reluctance to players having jobs, or making money outside of school. I'm starting to side with the people bashing the BCS, maybe the kids should start getting paid to play, and free up scholarship money.

I hate the Miami Heat, and it was so great to see Dwayne Wade as the goat last night. He lost that game for them, and it was awesome.

No posts in 5 months? It's FOOTBALL SEASON for ****'s sake! AMERICAN FOOTBALL! REAL FOOTBALL!

Yeesh.

Anyway, I'm watching LSU/Bama right now. Not sure who to root for, I hate both coaches so ****ing much.

Okay then.

Your Dolphins won one yet?
Yes. Stupid *******s put up 31 on the Chiefs! It's like they weren't even trying to lose!

I should probably explain that I was pulling for an 0-16 season so we could draft Andrew Luck. Now he might as well start wearing a Colt's uniform to Stanford games. On the plus side, my fantasy team dominated without Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Cam Newton and the Detroit Def. I'm almost too good at this...

I'm having a terrible Fantasy Football year. I usually do well but this year is just bad.

I'm having a terrible Fantasy Football year. I usually do well but this year is just bad.
3rd place in my public 10 man league and 1st place in my friend's private 6 man league.

6 man league drafts are a blast because you can pick up guys in the 8th round who should have come off the board in the 4th. You feel like a stud right up until you realize everyone's team is loaded. Still fun though.

3rd place in my public 10 man league and 1st place in my friend's private 6 man league.

6 man league drafts are a blast because you can pick up guys in the 8th round who should have come off the board in the 4th. You feel like a stud right up until you realize everyone's team is loaded. Still fun though.

I'm on the opposite end of that. I run an ESPN league and we went from a 10-team league to a 12-team league this for this year. Huge mistake. Nothing but garbage on the waiver wire and no one worth drafting after the 5th or 6th round.

10 teams is perfect. I need to contract next year.

Latest posts

Back