The All About Sports Thread: Even Sportier.

I may have mentioned this before, but I have a special disdain for (most) Blue Jays fans. But at least they're not as bad as Red Sox fans.

This is why I don't get sports. Why would you dislike someone because they Luke something you don't?

This is why I don't get sports. Why would you dislike someone because they Luke something you don't?

It's generally because of the way they act. Red Sox fans have a tendency to be really obnoxious. Of course, that is probably just a matter of perspective.

If you are a Detroit fan (as E is) then you have to deal with Jays fans coming over the border and going to your games. Especially now that the Jays are doing well and Jays "fans" are appearing out of thin air.

It's generally because of the way they act. Red Sox fans have a tendency to be really obnoxious. Of course, that is probably just a matter of perspective.

If you are a Detroit fan (as E is) then you have to deal with Jays fans coming over the border and going to your games. Especially now that the Jays are doing well and Jays "fans" are appearing out of thin air.

Oh, so it's like how people who own X-boxes or apple products are usually stuck up, judgemental, and in your face about it? I don't dislike them for it though. They've got their opinions, I have mine.

Last edited:
Oh, so it's like how people who own X-boxes or apple products are usually stuck up, judgemental, and in your face about it? I don't dislike them for it though. They've got their opinions, I have mine.

It's more like if you went to watch a competition between Play Station and X-Box in Play Station's home town, expecting that most of the people there would be supporting Play Station, but when you got there, a bunch of X-Box guys had showed up and were being really loud and rude and heckling the home team fans. You might not dislike them as people because of who they like, but you wish they would go away and learn to act like decent people.

It's more like if you went to watch a competition between Play Station and X-Box in Play Station's home town, expecting that most of the people there would be supporting Play Station, but when you got there, a bunch of X-Box guys had showed up and were being really loud and rude and heckling the home team fans. You might not dislike them as people because of who they like, but you wish they would go away and learn to act like decent people.

I haven't been to a sports game in a very long time, but in high school the away people sat on the other side of the field.

It's not that at all. Cap Canuck is a Jays fan but I like him.

Certain fans of certain things tend to be obnoxious, overbearing, and entitled. They are unbearable to be around or listen to.

In the case of Jays fans - like Cap said there are soooo many fairweather fans that have come out of the woodwork for the first time since 1993. They are fake.

In the case of Jays fans - like Cap said there are soooo many fairweather fans that have come out of the woodwork for the first time since 1993. They are fake.

I mostly agree. I really do. I went to a conference the day after the Jays clinched the division and there were SO many people wearing Jays hats. I always wear a Jays hat, so I was wearing one that day too, and someone made a joke about me jumping on the bandwagon. It's frustrating to be lumped in with everyone else.

On the other hand, is it really so bad for people who aren't really baseball fans to be excited for a team that is winning? Especially when it's the only professional team of that sport for their entire country? I'm excited for Canada when we win medals in the Olympics and I don't follow any of those sports the rest of the time. Does that make me a fake fan?

On the other hand, is it really so bad for people who aren't really baseball fans to be excited for a team that is winning? Especially when it's the only professional team of that sport for their entire country? I'm excited for Canada when we win medals in the Olympics and I don't follow any of those sports the rest of the time. Does that make me a fake fan?

No, I don't think so. I didn't really complete my thought in that post. When the new fanaticism turns into arrogance - that's what REALLY bothers me.

And the Olympics are a little bit of a different animal. It's virtually impossible to follow most of the Olympic sports outside of the Olympics.

No, I don't think so. I didn't really complete my thought in that post. When the new fanaticism turns into arrogance - that's what REALLY bothers me.

And the Olympics are a little bit of a different animal. It's virtually impossible to follow most of the Olympic sports outside of the Olympics.

Yeah, fair enough. An arrogant fair weather band-wagoner is pretty much the worst.

On a related note, I was pretty disgusted with the way the fans reacted at the game on Wednesday, throwing beer cans and such. I watched the game and it was super tense and that weird play where Russell Martin bounced the ball of Choo's hand was so frustrating, so I can see where the drunken mob mentality would play into what happened, but even still. Keep it together, people.

On a related note, I hope the Jays beat the Royals, because THEIR fans are even WORSE.

It's funny that this thread hasn't been posted in since the last mlb playoffs....

Haha, the Rangers HATE Bautista. He just got a standing boovation.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the game - Are people buying tickets now that it's the playoffs?

Latest posts

Back