The All About Sports Thread: Even Sportier.

So the LA Kings just won the stanley cup. I know I know, you don't care. I barely care. But then I was watching the game and I noticed the captain of the Kings' name was Dustin Brown and that he's from Ithaca NY and I was like, "I used to live in Ithaca NY and I think I recognize him..."

yeah, he was in my gym class in high school.

Last edited:
So the LA Kings just won the stanley cup. I know I know, you don't care. I barely care. But then I was watching the game and I noticed the captain of the Kings' name was Dustin Brown and that he's from Ithaca NY and I was like, "I used to live in Ithaca NY and I think I recognize him..."

yeah, he was in my gym class in high school.

Any wedgie stories?

Also, go Thunder. I hope LeBron James breaks his ankle on the opening possession and has to retire from basketball.

Anyone surprised how Orioles/Boston and Washington/Phillies switched standings this year? I'm surprised by the Phillies the most. And especially Lee taking how long to get one win this year?

In sure they'll end up trading Hammels or whoever the pitcher was. Question is, are they trading with either league or just one, which a lot trams tend to do (but with the other)?

Anyone surprised how Orioles/Boston and Washington/Phillies switched standings this year? I'm surprised by the Phillies the most. And especially Lee taking how long to get one win this year?

In sure they'll end up trading Hammels or whoever the pitcher was. Question is, are they trading with either league or just one, which a lot trams tend to do (but with the other)?

There's this sort of pseudo-fantasy baseball game on the iPad that I play and I stupidly traded Stephen Strasburg for Cliff Lee early in the season.

E said:
There's this sort of pseudo-fantasy baseball game on the iPad that I play and I stupidly traded Stephen Strasburg for Cliff Lee early in the season.

I hope they trade Hammels to my Jays, for the right price of course. We are seriously hurting for starting pitching right now cuz of injuries

I hope they trade Hammels to my Jays, for the right price of course. We are seriously hurting for starting pitching right now cuz of injuries

I don't think anyone is getting Hammels for the right price.

Ice said:
So the Yankees acquire Ichiro Suzuki from the Mariners for cash & two pitching prospects. Huge surprise.

Ya that sucks! God I HATE the Skankees!!

So the Yankees acquire Ichiro Suzuki from the Mariners for cash & two pitching prospects. Huge surprise.

I think Ichiro is washed up and well past his prime...not worth two pitching prospects.

Tigers.

Giants.

World Series.

I. Am. SO. GEEKED.

Tigers pitching has been absolutely ridiculous this playoffs. If they can snag one game in SF I think they have an amazing chance.

E said:
Tigers.

Giants.

World Series.

I. Am. SO. GEEKED.

Tigers pitching has been absolutely ridiculous this playoffs. If they can snag one game in SF I think they have an amazing chance.

Sorry E... I was rooting for the Tigers too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back