The All About Sports Thread: Even Sportier.

Pretty big disappointment, but the Tigers were so streaky all season so it was hardly surprising. And it wasn't much different from the previous two series against Oakland and NY. They won those but the offense was bad there, too.

We get a .300/20 hr guy back next year who was out all season with an injury, and they announced that they are cutting ties with some dead weight free agent-wise. Next year is looking pretty good.

The Giants are one of the most complete and fundamentally sound teams I've seen in a long time. They are solid and played very well. Their closer, Romo, is lights out.

Man, I really hate LeBron James. I just want him to fail. Is that so much to ask? Someone to just knock him in the mouth and knock him down a few pegs?

So Alex Rodriguez will be suspended on Monday through the end of 2014 season, if he accepts it. If not, he's banned for life.

Your move, Alex. This is pretty much checkmate against him. If he wants to keep playing, there's no other way around it.

Yeah, he's basically delusional.

Also if he appeals he is able to keep playing during the appeal process. Maybe he knows it's the end and just wants to play as much now as he can? I would bet that MLB would fast track the appeals process to get him out though. The other players in the scandal are getting 50 games but the commissioner has a vendetta against him because of Rodriguez's covering up of evidence so he gets special attention.

I know a lot of people hate Rodriguez but I'm pretty disappointed. I'm not one of those people who are OK with or don't care about steroid usage and to have such a (formerly) great offensive player like him go down like this is just sad.

Yeah, he's basically delusional.

Also if he appeals he is able to keep playing during the appeal process. Maybe he knows it's the end and just wants to play as much now as he can? I would bet that MLB would fast track the appeals process to get him out though. The other players in the scandal are getting 50 games but the commissioner has a vendetta against him because of Rodriguez's covering up of evidence so he gets special attention.

I know a lot of people hate Rodriguez but I'm pretty disappointed. I'm not one of those people who are OK with or don't care about steroid usage and to have such a (formerly) great offensive player like him go down like this is just sad.

Agreed on all accounts.

I joked with a friend that he should get his money back because the recent usage didn't help him in any way. :p

I joked with a friend that he should get his money back because the recent usage didn't help him in any way. :p

Hasn't he just basically disappeared in the post season ever since coming to NY? Have they won a championship with him on the roster?

Last year when the Tigers beat the Yankees I remember that every time he came up to the plate there was this sense of relief because he was an easy out.

Hasn't he just basically disappeared in the post season ever since coming to NY? Have they won a championship with him on the roster?

Last year when the Tigers beat the Yankees I remember that every time he came up to the plate there was this sense of relief because he was an easy out.
The Yankees won in 2009 with him on the roster, the only time in post season where he actually did well.

The hammer has come down!

Alex Rodriguez gets a 211 game suspension to begin this Thursday. All other players so far revealed in the scandal (that have accepted) are getting 50 games.

The hammer has come down!

Alex Rodriguez gets a 211 game suspension to begin this Thursday. All other players so far revealed in the scandal (that have accepted) are getting 50 games.

Has he officially said he is appealing? Because if so it won't start on Thursday, and if the arbitrator rules against him he could be suspended for a lot more.

I heard a rumor that he is having money problems and that's why he is clinging so hard. But don't the players still get paid under their suspensions?

Has he officially said he is appealing? Because if so it won't start on Thursday, and if the arbitrator rules against him he could be suspended for a lot more.

I heard a rumor that he is having money problems and that's why he is clinging so hard. But don't the players still get paid under their suspensions?

He will be appealing, but don't know if it's been officially stated.

And no, players do not get paid while they are suspended. They lose out on that money. So if A-Rod gets the 211, he'll lose over $33 million dollars from the $90+ he's owed by the Yankees through 2017.

Last edited:
Sports...on TheCOMICBoard? Some nerds you turned out to be! *runs away crying*

I am gonna talk about a sport noone cares about in the USA...

RUGBY!
World cup at the moment, Wales are through to the quarterfinals (YAY!) England, hosts of the tournament and former World Cup champions... got knocked out in the pool stage after being crushed by Wales and Australia. (HAHA!)
was really sad to see Japan get knocked out, especially with a 3-1 record in the pools and victories over Samoa, USA and the big shock of the tournament, South Africa.

Wales now have the horrible sight ahead facing South Africa next and if we survive that ordeal, the All Blacks will probably be waiting for us...

You may return to your American sports now.

I am gonna talk about a sport noone cares about in the USA...

RUGBY!
World cup at the moment, Wales are through to the quarterfinals (YAY!) England, hosts of the tournament and former World Cup champions... got knocked out in the pool stage after being crushed by Wales and Australia. (HAHA!)
was really sad to see Japan get knocked out, especially with a 3-1 record in the pools and victories over Samoa, USA and the big shock of the tournament, South Africa.

Wales now have the horrible sight ahead facing South Africa next and if we survive that ordeal, the All Blacks will probably be waiting for us...

You may return to your American sports now.

I was just talking about rugby with my friends the other day. Canada got knocked out very early. Which is to be expected.

Latest posts

Back