The All-About Video Games thread

Are you saying that Xbox gamers are better then PS3 in actual gameplay? Like a console really makes a difference. Jackass.

So Fried (on X-Box) is going to battle everyone else (on PS3) at Modern Warfare 2?

I want to see how this works.

So Fried (on X-Box) is going to battle everyone else (on PS3) at Modern Warfare 2?

I want to see how this works.

I bet there's wormholes and bending of the time space continuum itself.

aa46f7f268d40c76a559fd0171eca196.jpg

We will enjoy our free online play while he pays a ****load of money a year to play it.

And I can just hack his username for my Xbox.

We will enjoy our free online play while he pays a ****load of money a year to play it.

And I can just hack his username for my Xbox.

HA! the wins just keep coming. speaking of modern warfare, I finally got my 1.00 kdr the other day. I can now go on and play bad company 2. I think I'm leaning towards bc2 over mw2.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind it being pushed back a year. That happened to Twilight Princess, and it let them polish the rather meh-looking Twilight Realm into something amazing.

But yeah, still looking forward to it.
They've already been working on this for two years. NOVEMBER RELEASE I SAY.

Last edited:
I couldn't get past that death mountain thing.

Video Game Ethics Question:

While "turtling" is definitely frowned upon and hated by all, is it wrong if your fighting style is described as "defensive"? Could that be considered "turtling"?

Reason for question---we have all taken to having long Tekken bouts here. These sessions last for hours (after duty of course). Now I grew up with a different set of rules for fighting games:

• You don't overuse your "juggles". If you juggle more than once and your juggle is more than say 5 hits...you're just cheap.
  • If someone is in the corner, you let them out.
  • You never keep some trapped on the ground.
  • You don't turtle. Once you do turtle, you forfeit any rights to an honorable fight.

Now our boss is a very straight forward kinda guy. And he plays the same way he fights in real life....he just comes at you. It's just a barrage of attacks. If he wins, then he's quick to gloat (no real problem with that)....but if he loses he is quick to give an excuse like, "I wasn't even trying to win towards the end...I just wanted to get this one combo/move in..." or "I can't fight from the right side, so I couldn't do this one move". I normally ignore his excuses....but in order to not hear them, I have changed my fighting style to mtach/appease him.

I don't turtle, but I play defensively...normally throwing out an attack that I know I'll miss, baiting you to attack...but once you do, I'll quickly counter with either a counter grab or power attack. I like to back up and get a lil space in my matches. He calls it "turtling".....just blocking all day and then grabbing.

When he's down, I let him get up. When he's in the corner, I'll back up and allow him to situate himself. I don't juggle. I might hit you with a power attack and follow it up with 2 smaller hits...but after that, I back off. So now he's taken my kindness for weakness. I mean I could just go all out and hit him with the same attack over and over again and easily get a win. But where's the honor in that? What fun is it then?

Now I know I'm not wrong for playing the way I play, but am I in fact turtling?

What say you all?

You play like a little girl, a real man charges in guns-a-blazin'.

But seriously, I don't count it unless you're being really cheap with it, and since you're forfeiting juggles and whatnot I don't consider it turtling.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back