The All-About Video Games thread

I got my PS3 back today. It seems to be reading discs again, but when I try to play them, it gives me a 80010017 error. I tried something someone suggested on the PS3 boards, which was to deactivate then reactivate the PS3 through Account Management, but it still happens. At least when I try to play Uncharted 2. LBP seems to be working fine now. Have not tried any other games yet to see what happens with them yet.

do you get the spinning dagger of death screen?

The what now?

The spinning dagger of death. It's the dagger that revolves around the story. usually when the game loads, you get this load screen and the spinning dagger at the corner. Alot of people were having this problem when the game first came out. Instead of going to the Main Screen, you would just get that particular load screen for an insane amount of time. Turns out, all you had to do is clean the damn disk. My copy ended up being one of those disks that gave me the "Spinning Dagger" screen.

Ahh. Yes. I did get the dagger the first time I put the disc in this morning, but after that it's been the same error code.

Ice has been trying to feed his PS3 again.

You can't give it sandwiches through the drive slot!

Damn, man. I hate to say it but it may be suffering from the yellow light of death. If a yellow light is blinking where a green light usually blinks, you're screwed. OR! the lens needs to be cleaned. have you tried blu-rays or dvd's?

Poker Face as performed by Eric Cartman, available for Rock Band on tuesday

Heres a video of some Harmonix developers playing the song at an official Rock Band party from GDC 2010
[video=youtube;-AaNPfKY-lY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AaNPfKY-lY[/video]

I finished Ace Attorney Investigations.

It was a very fun game. Great characters, nice plotline, and I get to Encyclopedia Brown my way to justice. I was a little dissapointed there wasn't any courtroom action and a bit confused by all the continuty nods. That what I get for playing the latest installment in a series.

Still a very good game.

Warner Bros. is looking to build off the success of Batman: Arkham Asylum as it plans to release more DC Comics videogames.

The company announced the opening of a brand new game development studio in Montreal, Quebec today. The studio hopes to grow to around 300 employees by 2015, and will house "high-end interactive gaming product development" as well as animation, QA, and game translation.

"We are proud that Warner Bros. has chosen Quebec. We have done a lot of work to position Quebec as an essential place to invest that is competitive, and possesses an exceptional and highly qualified workforce. Warner Bros. has acknowledged this and we are very excited to welcome them", stated Quebec Premier Jean Charest.

While no game titles were announced during the press conference, Canadian website GameFocus was able to confirm with the President of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Martin Tremblay, that the studio will focus on creating DC Comics licensed videogame titles.

from Ign.

I hope one of them is a "Justice League Heroes" sequel or at least a similar game.

Anyone else here play BlazBlue? It's sort of obscure, I guess, but easily the best 2D fighter on the market right now (with the notable exception of Melty Blood, but that's exclusive to Japan). Although, I've heard that Super Street Fighter 4 will be giving it a run for it's money...which is good, because the initial version of SF4 was so mediocre.

Anyone else here play BlazBlue? It's sort of obscure, I guess, but easily the best 2D fighter on the market right now (with the notable exception of Melty Blood, but that's exclusive to Japan). Although, I've heard that Super Street Fighter 4 will be giving it a run for it's money...which is good, because the initial version of SF4 was so mediocre.

I've heard of it. Just heard of it, though, and nothing else.

What system is it for?

I've heard of it. Just heard of it, though, and nothing else.

What system is it for?

PS3 and Xbox 360. The D-pad on the 360's controller isn't really suited for 2D fighting games, though. Trying to do half/quarter circle moves (much less anything requiring a more complex input) on it is a good way to raise your blood pressure.

I think there's a PC version too, actually. I'm not sure if it was released in the west or not, though...

I wasn't too impressed with Blazblue. Then again i never liked the guilty gear series either. Tat vs Capcom is much more enjoyable imo.

Latest posts

Back