The All-About Video Games thread

There is a Rock Band-esque game for iPhone/iPod Touch called Muppets Animal Drummer that is my favorite game currently. It's very simple but fun - Animal plays the drums and you have to copy him.

There is a Rock Band-esque game for iPhone/iPod Touch called Muppets Animal Drummer that is my favorite game currently. It's very simple but fun - Animal plays the drums and you have to copy him.

there is also Rock Band for iPhone/iPod Touch

Yep - it's good too. Except the vocal part, or so I hear. I only ever do guitar or drums.

yeah, I heard you have to tap the pitch or something like that

why would they go that route when you could actually sing into the phone?

then again if your singing into the phone how would you read the lyrics if you don't have them memorized?

why would they go that route when you could actually sing into the phone?

Maybe to be compatible with the iPod Touch. Isn't it only the latest version that has a mic?

I haven't gotten the game myself, (I want to though...I need a decent PC) but this clip always makes me laugh.

[youtube]y-hxHaebrOs[/youtube]

*Morrigan disapproves (-6)*

Last edited:
Only 15 Percent Of Gamers Purchase DLC

A recent survey conducted by Frank N. Magid Associates, a media consulting firm, asked those who play consoles games if they are aware of the ability to purchase additional download content (DLC) through their systems.

Close to 800 gamers responded, with a little under a half of them saying they had no idea additional content was even available.

Only 15 percent of the respondents said they were aware of or have purchased DLC. 41 percent said they are aware of DLC, but haven't purchased any. And 43 percent said they are not aware of DLC.

more here : http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1059588p1.html

For parents on here :

Warner Bros. Signs Deal To Develop Sesame Street Titles
Unannounced titles to utilize PS3 and Xbox 360 motion controls.

US, January 13, 2010 - According to a report from the Associated Press, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has entered into a partnership with Sesame Workshop, producers behind the famed education television series, to develop and publish a series of titles for various platforms based off the hit franchise.

"There's a big open hole in the market," said Russell Arons, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment senior vice president of marketing. "This is the first generation of parents who grew up as gamers. Unlike prior generations where people weren't sure of the value of video games, these are people who know there's value and fun for the whole family."

more http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1060979p1.html

Only 15 Percent Of Gamers Purchase DLC

more here : http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1059588p1.html

They also said most of the unaware 43% are playing Wii or past generation systems. It looked to me like the numbers were pretty skewed. When you look at the market of gamers overall vs. the market of gamers who own titles with DLC, I think 15% is about what's to be expected, especially with Nintendo really opening up the market.

tumblr_kwh4pxEr8g1qa02ojo1_500.jpg

Poor Epona.

Uncharted 2 DLC on the way

the first pack will contain....skins for characters from Resistance, InFamous, and Killzone

the second pack will contain, all the costumes from Uncharated 1 and 2 multi-player maps repurposed from levels in the games

the third pack is a mystery, but it is highly expected to be Jak and Daxter based content

Doodle Jump for iPhone/iPod Touch is the most addicting game I've ever played.

Latest posts

Back