The All-About Video Games thread

I play Venom Melendez in Modern Warfare II yesterday, it was fun until he shot me in the face. Then it was on.

Three things that I realized today:

Liquid Ocelot looks exactly like Stan Lee.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is SuperPets the Video Game. Which is fine, I 've wanted a game like that since the franchise was born.

The only thing that didn't happen at the VGA was the ****ing Rapture.

Medal of Honor Reboot to be M-Rated, First in the Series
17+ only now. Sorry, kiddos.

US, December 16, 2009 - Electronic Arts upcoming Medal of Honor title promises to be much darker and more mature. During a fan Q&A posted on the official website, executive producer Greg Goodrich notes the theme of the game won't be for teenagers anymore.

"This will be the very first (M) rated Medal of Honor," Goodrich said . "However, we will always be grounded by our core tenets of authenticity and respect for the soldier."

According to the ESRB, the series has never received a rating higher or lower than (T) for Teen. Goodrich also said the debut trailer was "100% in-game footage" and that EA is taking the PC version of the title "as seriously as we do any other version."

Medal of Honor has a scheduled release of fall 2010 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

from http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1055792p1.html

The Spider-Man movie games are some of the most spectacular videogames, ever. 2 in particular. Activision doesn't need to take pointers from the Arkham guys any more than Spielberg needs them from Coppola. They're both triumphant.
I completely loved 1. I have yet to play 2, though everyone does say it was a great game.

So hopefully I'll get the chance to play it soon once the PS3 gets the backward compatibility update and I'll find the game cheap online.

The interesting thing is that although 2 is radically different, way more sophisticated and a hundred times bigger than 1, 1 still holds up completely and I've replayed it many times.

3 is essentially a more technologically advanced 2, but its story-expansions aren't quite as impressive. It's still insanely fun, though and I think the gameplay is better.

http://games.slashdot.org/story/09/...-Seeks-Patent-On-Shaming-Fat-Gamers?art_pos=1

"A newly disclosed Microsoft patent application — Avatar Individualized by Physical Characteristic — takes aim at fat people, proposing to generate fat avatars in gaming environments for individuals whose health records indicate they're overweight, limiting their game play, and even banning them. From the patent application: 'An undesirable body weight could be reflected in an overweight or underweight appearance for the avatar. Only requisite health levels are allowed to compete in a certain competition level. A dedicated gamer could exercise for a period of time until his health indicator gadget shows a sufficiently high health/health credit in order to allow reentering the avatar environment.' Linking one's gaming avatar to one's physique, explains Microsoft, will produce healthy and virtuous behaviors in individuals. Microsoft also proposes shaping gaming experiences by using 'psychological and demographic information such as education level, geographic location, age, sex, intelligence quotient, socioeconomic class, occupation, marital/relationship status, religious belief, political affiliation, etc.'"

:shock: :lol: and so alot of 360 owners sell it and get ps3

I don't see that being possible without violating privacy terms. if their gonna do something that drastic, let's start by identifying sex offenders in the gaming commmunity.

let's start by identifying sex offenders in the gaming commmunity.

Let's not. After all if the sex offenders get banned no one will be able to play TOG on DC universe when it's out. That would just be mean.

The interesting thing is that although 2 is radically different, way more sophisticated and a hundred times bigger than 1, 1 still holds up completely and I've replayed it many times.

3 is essentially a more technologically advanced 2, but its story-expansions aren't quite as impressive. It's still insanely fun, though and I think the gameplay is better.

2 was pretty plain and lame. The web swinging was the only thing that was great. The final boss fight was ridiculously hard.

Also what...the...****...

Last edited by a moderator:
2 was pretty plain and lame. The web swinging was the only thing that was great. The final boss fight was ridiculously hard.

I don't see how you could call that game "plain".... I also thought Ock was satisfactorily hard. These days if I can beat a game's final boss in less than 30 or so tries I'm kind of disappointed.

My character for Mod Nation Racers:

Photo1.jpg

Mega Man 10 announced!

[youtube]HAP_wAkQNlU[/youtube]

Even if I may be late, the trailer is not!

The more I look at these the more I think the writers like setting up stuff to segue into the X series that'll never come to pass.

Mega Man 10 announced!

[youtube]HAP_wAkQNlU[/youtube]

Even if I may be late, the trailer is not!

The more I look at these the more I think the writers like setting up stuff to segue into the X series that'll never come to pass.

You are late, but thanks for the trailer! I just read about it in the new Nintendo Power.

Latest posts

Back