The All-About Video Games thread

I'm only interested in the story DLC like Initiation. The combat challenge map stuff I could do without...though admittedly I would pay for the Deathstroke DLC stuff to see how he handles.

I thought Initiation was basically just challenge maps with a new setting, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm the opposite. Given how unsatisfying the Harley Quinn DLC was and how fun the challenge maps were, I'm more wait and see on the plot-oriented stuff. The costumes I couldn't care much about though, and the multiplayer sounds like garbage.

I thought Initiation was basically just challenge maps with a new setting, but I could be wrong.

Nope, it's a story based campaign prequel to the game:

Voghel also confirmed that the game's Initiation DLC will offer a single-player campaign set in Asia, with Bruce Wayne training to become Batman. "You play as Bruce Wayne learning to be a ninja," said Voghel. "That's a really cool one. Narratively there's some added content that will give players a little more background story." Initiation will be included in Batman: Arkham Origins' $19.99 season pass, along with four other pieces of downloadable content. Three DLC packs have been confirmed as skins, with the last pack yet to be confirmed. The game will also feature Knightfall DLC exclusive to the PlayStation 3. Part of the Initiation DLC will feature Batman proving himself to his teacher, Kirigi, who also trained Ra's al Ghul's League of Assassins. "[But] it's not League of Assassins, it's ninja-related," Voghel added. "It's when he learned to be a ninja and learned those techniques. He goes to a monastery--custom content was created for the DLC. You'll be in Asia in the monastery. The team did a great job on that, it looks really good."

That said I expect it will be largely influenced by the Challenge Map approach given it covers Bruce's training as a ninja, but it'll feature new story/plot.

Anyway, I'm the opposite. Given how unsatisfying the Harley Quinn DLC was and how fun the challenge maps were, I'm more wait and see on the plot-oriented stuff. The costumes I couldn't care much about though, and the multiplayer sounds like garbage.

I can understand that. While the storyline of HQR was a let down, I did enjoy being able to play as Robin, just as I enjoyed playing as Catwoman in the Catwoman DLC episodes for AC.

I just enjoy anything which expands the story, due to my completist nature.

Last edited:
Deathstroke plays a lot like a mix between Nightwing/Robin from AC.

I've beaten the main story and all the side missions except Enigma's data packs all over (about 80% done). But I kinda wanna stop. Mostly cuz the alternate costumes just don't interest me. I mean the Gotham By Gaslight NF Red Son are cool...but I can't see me actually playing in them. I was shooting for The Dark Knight costume (from Nolan's films) but then I discovered that costume is just the game's default costume painted all black. So pass.

Deathstroke plays a lot like a mix between Nightwing/Robin from AC.

I've beaten the main story and all the side missions except Enigma's data packs all over (about 80% done). But I kinda wanna stop. Mostly cuz the alternate costumes just don't interest me. I mean the Gotham By Gaslight NF Red Son are cool...but I can't see me actually playing in them. I was shooting for The Dark Knight costume (from Nolan's films) but then I discovered that costume is just the game's default costume painted all black. So pass.

I like the character design a lot more than the steroid-heavy bull**** of the older games.

I agree for the most part, but I don't like Killer Croc's look in Origins as compared to Asylum or City. It's more realistic, I suppose, but it just seems...off.

I haven't seen the new old Croc. I'm trying to go in as blind as possible.

But while Amazon shopping for Christmas presents I found a seller's copy of Origins for 40 bucks, with Deathstroke maps and pre-order skins. I caved and ordered it.

So, the Initiation DLC hit a few days ago. I haven't played it, but according to people who have, it's about on the scale of the Robin content from AC. It's a five map challenge campaign with the last being a boss fight with Shiva, with your mentor saying a few Mr. Miyagi words at the beginning of each map (and Bruce doesn't talk). Sorry DiB. I think an actual narrative campaign set in, say, Nanda Parbat could have been fun. The interesting bit is Bruce is treated as a new character, playable on all the maps with his own move set, gadgets, and predator map objectives.

Arkham Origins was just a really long DLC. Disappointing. I did enjoy the Firefly fight.

I wouldn't go that far. It's more of the same, but I figured that was expected. I'll wait to post my full opinion until I'm done, but I'm mostly enjoying it.

Last edited:
So which current gen systems did everyone end up buying? I already had the WIIU then at uk launch i got PS4 with lego marvel, Knack and Killzone

So which current gen systems did everyone end up buying? I already had the WIIU then at uk launch i got PS4 with lego marvel, Knack and Killzone

Just the WII U. I have no compelling reason to go for the PS4 yet.

Check out concept art, storyboards from canceled 'Flash' game

flash-storyboard-cropped-625x290.jpg

There is this game for iOS called Tiny Death Star that I can't stop playing.

I downloaded it and played a little so I could help my daughter with it and suddenly I found myself caring about it.

It's based off another game called Tiny Tower. You have to manage the Death Star by building different floors or levels, residential, retail, services, food, etc. People move in to the residential and you give them jobs in the other levels based on their ability. They sell items and you get credits for it to build more levels.

Can't. Stop. Playing.

Is anyone else getting Mario Kart 8 this month? I need people to play online against.

Get me a Wii-U and the game and I will play. :D

I plan on getting the game once I do actually get a Wii-U. The new additions they've added on look amazing. I just wish they would also bring back the double-kart feature and "super-powers" for each character back.

Latest posts

Back