The Avengers discussion (spoilers!)

How would you rate The Avengers?

• Total voters
I want to go back and find all the posts of you guys *****ing about Joss Whedon directing The Avengers but I'm not that mean. :D

Loved it. I have my suspicions that Whedon somehow found a way to transfer pure, unadulterated joy onto film, because I don't think I've had such a sustained grin on my face during a movie for some time. I'll definitely be seeing it again.

Though the
Thanos
scene was pretty cool, I guess, I got a much bigger kick out of the restaurant bit. Glad to know that Tony
finally tried him some schwarma
:D

Loved it. I have my suspicions that Whedon somehow found a way to transfer pure, unadulterated joy onto film, because I don't think I've had such a sustained grin on my face during a movie for some time. I'll definitely be seeing it again.

Though the
Thanos
scene was pretty cool, I guess, I got a much bigger kick out of the restaurant bit. Glad to know that Tony
finally tried him some schwarma
:D

This, 100% this.

Well, that was ****ing awesome.

He's adopted.

Mark Ruffalo was an awesome hulk

I cheered at one point.

Oh, and its mother ****ing Thanos.

I think the hulk needs to be in Iron Man 3 now.

When Edward Norton was originally cast as Bruce Banner years ago... well, I just want to apologize to whoever I called an idiot when a member suggested Mark Ruffalo. I mean this might have been 2 or 3 years back but I remember I was wrong.

Was seriously pleasantly surprised, and the post credits actually have me VERY excited for what they're going to do with him.

I'm still not a fan of Whedon's, but he did a very good job at the Avengers, I'd like to see him do Avengers 2.

I loved it. It was a great experience and it's an awesomely epic movie. I went today with some friends to see it and will be seeing it again tomorrow with my brother. Totally worth seeing a bunch of times on the silver screen. I need one of those in my home. :D

....wow.

So good.

umm. What else to say?

I was wondering how they were going to make Hawkeye a viable character in this movie, but they nailed it. He and Hulk stole the show.

What was with Pepper's booty shorts? I mean they weren't really booty shorts but i guess it was weird to see her in casual clothes and acting like a girlfriend after the two Iron Man movies.

Hulk vs Loki wins

I knew
Coulson was going to die! I knew it! Who else was there to kill off
that actually mattered?

I liked the subtlety of Fury's manipulations. The conversation between him and Hill about the cards was a nice touch.

"To challenge them is to court death!" It felt good to be one of the probably 3 people in that packed out theatre who understood that line.

Actually, I'm not sure how I feel about the villain reveal. The Chitauri and "he" were just a device for a large scale conflict. And they worked well in that context. But I had a hard time taking them seriously when they were threatening Loki and such. So I'm sure people who weren't comic fans and don't know anything about who they are felt that more so. I'm sure they'll build up the character arc in the next batch of movies or something and he'll be awesome, but I certainly didn't get tingly like I did at the end of Spider-Man 2 when Harry finds his dad's secret Goblin cache.

and shawarma. hahaha

so good.

Just saw it. Very good. One of my favorite superhero flicks. I was impressed with how Whedon managed to give all of the characters a fair amount of screen time. Even though RDJ gets a bit more screen time than the others, it never felt like the Iron Man and Friends movie. I do think that there were a few problems with the movie. They never really explain why the Hulk acts so much more heroically toward the end of the movie than he does toward the beginning. They seem to imply that it is because Banner begins to embrace the Hulk, but they didn't make this clear enough. I know some of the people I saw the movie with were wondering about this too. I know that there was something else that was bothering me, but I can't remember what it was. Regardless, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

They never really explain why the Hulk acts so much more heroically toward the end of the movie than he does toward the beginning. They seem to imply that it is because Banner begins to embrace the Hulk, but they didn't make this clear enough.

The answer is easy.
Loki was controlling him earlier on. That's why hulk who in the incredible hulk they showed only attacked those who were hurting others or those who were been evil to him, attacked people who had nothing to him. At least that's what i gathered by Loki's grin and them saying he wanted to get captured to get closer to hulk.

Last edited:
The answer is easy.
Loki was controlling him earlier on. That's why hulk who in the incredible hulk they showed only attacked those who were hurting others or those who were been evil to him, attacked people who had nothing to him. At least that's what i gathered by Loki's grin and them saying he wanted to get captured to get closer to hulk.

I guess that kind of makes sense.
If that's what they were going for they don't make it clear at all though. I know Loki tries to 'wind him up' while he's in that cell, by suggesting that it was built for the Hulk, but I never got the impression he was actually controlling him. I guess Loki simply creating animosity between Banner and the rest of the group could explain him turning on them when he become the Hulk.

Great film either way. Makes me sad that they probably aren't going to get a Justice League film together until after I'm dead.

Latest posts

Back