The Avengers discussion (spoilers!)

How would you rate The Avengers?

• Total voters
I really hope not. Either of those things, but especially the second.

Same here. The current wave of Marvel movies have kept the superhero theme without resorting to the gimmickry that the Spider-Man movies did. They've stayed away from the comic book-iness. That second rumor flies right in the face of that.

Same here. The current wave of Marvel movies have kept the superhero theme without resorting to the gimmickry that the Spider-Man movies did.

Pray tell, to which gimmickry are you referring?

(I'm not saying I disagree, I'm just not sure what you mean)

Assuming that villain is the sequel's villain. It's possible they're prepping that character for other movies Marvel is planning.

But regardless: 100% Yes.

Joss Whedon said if he did the sequel it would be "smaller" and "more personal" and Thanos doesn't really fit that.

Kevin Feige already said the common thread between the new solo films will be Thanos. There are also talks of Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr. Strange, Ant Man, and Black Panther movies. But yes, Whedon did say he wants to do something on a smaller scale. But that was also before he made over a billion dollars.

Regardless, I'm thrilled and feel spoiled to be a comic fan with all the great movies finally being made!

You know if they want the next one to be more "personal" they should go Masters of Evil in the next one. More characters, sure, but way more down to Earth as far as big battles go.

It amazes me that now matter what is done, there will always be people who think they know better or some who just will never be satisfied

I'd say Secret Invasion.

That would definitley be an interesting route but I don't think they'll get the rights back from Fox in time for the Skrull. Also I don't think they'd want to have another alien invasion if Whedon wants to keep it more personal.

I think Masters of Evil would be a great way to show an updated radical version of HYDRA with Zemo at the top trying to carry on for the Red Skull. Have him send in someone like the Ghost to steal Iron Tech and the Phase Two weaponry and break out the Abomination to create a response team to the Avengers as well as some new HYDRA foot soldiers and Rocketmen. So you'd have big guns like Zemo, Abomination, Crimson Dynamo, Ghost and maybe Amora and Skurge (though I don't know if they'd want another Asgardian villain after Loki) to fight the Avengers while HYDRA and Rocketmen attack Washington DC (since you wouldn't want to do New York again). Very Liberators-esque but without the heavy-handed attempts at politics that Millar had.

It may be too much but I think Stark and SHIELD finding out their weapons have been stolen as well as an almost copycat version of the Avengers would cause as much distrust and internal strife in the team as much as a Skrull invasion would.

I just hope they don't do Civil War.

What about the Dark Avengers concept? We've had quite a few broken mirror style villians, put the, in suits reminicent of he mains and have some fun smearing thier good names. Sounds pretty personal to me.

spidey said:
It amazes me that now matter what is done, there will always be people who think they know better or some who just will never be satisfied
There will always be people who are never satisfied. Always. It's something everyone should know/remember because there's never going to be a moment where everyone is pleased.

That would definitley be an interesting route but I don't think they'll get the rights back from Fox in time for the Skrull. Also I don't think they'd want to have another alien invasion if Whedon wants to keep it more personal.

I think Masters of Evil would be a great way to show an updated radical version of HYDRA with Zemo at the top trying to carry on for the Red Skull. Have him send in someone like the Ghost to steal Iron Tech and the Phase Two weaponry and break out the Abomination to create a response team to the Avengers as well as some new HYDRA foot soldiers and Rocketmen. So you'd have big guns like Zemo, Abomination, Crimson Dynamo, Ghost and maybe Amora and Skurge (though I don't know if they'd want another Asgardian villain after Loki) to fight the Avengers while HYDRA and Rocketmen attack Washington DC (since you wouldn't want to do New York again). Very Liberators-esque but without the heavy-handed attempts at politics that Millar had.

It may be too much but I think Stark and SHIELD finding out their weapons have been stolen as well as an almost copycat version of the Avengers would cause as much distrust and internal strife in the team as much as a Skrull invasion would.

I just hope they don't do Civil War.

Well, the Chitauri are Skrull stand-ins.

And it's definitely too early for Civil War.

What about the Dark Avengers concept? We've had quite a few broken mirror style villians, put the, in suits reminicent of he mains and have some fun smearing thier good names. Sounds pretty personal to me.

Bring back Sam Rockwell and I'm in.

Well, the Chitauri are Skrull stand-ins.

I guess Thanos could go for the infiltration route instead of all-out attack but then we'd just have another fight against the Chitauri at the end of the movie.

Come to think of it I'd rather see an Iron Man created Ultron opposed to Masters of Evil in a future movie.

Ice said:
There will always be people who are never satisfied. Always. It's something everyone should know/remember because there's never going to be a moment where everyone is pleased.
h
Obviously thats true, im just simply tired of the "fans" who try to pick apart every single scene so they can somehow feel like they could do it better.

I guess Thanos could go for the infiltration route instead of all-out attack but then we'd just have another fight against the Chitauri at the end of the movie.

But Thanos wouldn't do that, he's wipe out half the planet's population with a nuke or by introducing alien disease that humans have no resistance to. That's how Thanos rolls.

no Thanos obtains instruments of cosmic manipulation, and blinks half of the universe out of existence with nary a word of warning

THAT is how Thanos rolls

Latest posts

Back