The Avengers discussion (spoilers!)

How would you rate The Avengers?

• Total voters
Where is the thread for MARVEL'S AVENGERS ASSEMBLE? I just saw that today and it was awesome, but this thread is clearly for an old 1960s British TV show about a man with an umbrella.

Where is the thread for MARVEL'S AVENGERS ASSEMBLE? I just saw that today and it was awesome, but this thread is clearly for an old 1960s British TV show about a man with an umbrella.

But apparently, even 40-50 years ago, AVENGING still required a red-head in a catsuit!

Interesting Article on Coulson - Spoilery

Interesting article about whether Coulson is
really dead. The writer points out that in previous interviews the actor who plays Coulson admitted to having talked with the Thor 2 director, and maybe being involved in other films. I actually remember this interview with him mentioning Thor 2, which I had completely forgot about. To sum up the article, they suggest that either 1.) Fury lied about Coulson dieing (I don't believe this) or 2.) he becomes the Vision. I don't know about either idea, but I do think it's interesting to think about.

One thing I feel like mentioning: I think having Loki mind-control Hawkeye was probably one of the smartest moves I've seen. Think about it: Whedon has a major problem in that Hawkeye is the only major Avenger who hasn't shown up. Iron Man and Hulk have had two films, Thor and Cap had their own films, and Black Widow was a co-star in IRON MAN 2. But Hawkeye is totally absent. So Whedon has a major problem in that he needs to make sure the audience gets why Hawkeye is on the team and why he's a bad-ass, but he has no time or place to show him off because the rest of the team takes center stage. So he makes Loki mind-control him and turns him into a villain so for the first two-thirds of the movie we're shown how bad-ass Hawkeye is by having him be the villain. Every time Hawkeye does something bad ass (like the bomb-arrow to the side of the helicarrier) we go, "That's why he's on this team" so that when he finally is back to normal, he's on an even-footing with characters who've had their own films.

It's a brilliant solution: it not only sets up Hawkeye, it does so while accelerating pace and creating conflict. It's a resourceful solution and very impressive.

really dead. The writer points out that in previous interviews the actor who plays Coulson admitted to having talked with the Thor 2 director, and maybe being involved in other films. I actually remember this interview with him mentioning Thor 2, which I had completely forgot about. To sum up the article, they suggest that either 1.) Fury lied about Coulson dieing (I don't believe this) or 2.) he becomes the Vision. I don't know about either idea, but I do think it's interesting to think about.

My thoughts are a
Coulson LMD
. Although I like the idea of
Coulson/Vision
, it's so far removed from the comics, that it's seems to just be pandering to the viewer.

This was perfect, not much more to say about it.

And Mark Ruffalo is easily the best Hulk yet and probably my favorite part of the entire movie. His "more heroic" actions in the end seem pretty self-expalanatory. He's been in control of the Hulk the entire time a la Planet Hulk. The one time he turns into Hulk against his will the Hulk turns against him and doesn't follow his commands. The one time he accepts the Hulk willingly the beast follows his commands.

Loved it. Definitely my favorite super hero movie and probably one of my all time favorites. I'll be going back to see it, hopefully next weekend.

I was expecting it to be entertaining but I wasn't expecting it to be so good. The plot built up perfectly; the "catching up" parts for each character at the beginning were perfectly done. I'm also surprised how genuinely funny it was - I was not expecting that at all.

Gemini said:
Special Canadian Extended Edition

23 Minute Scene of War Machine Facing off with the Chitauri Armada on the other side of the Portal

Was EPIC

:shifty:

Seriously!
...you guys didn't have that scene in the US?

The post-credits scene I saw had The Avengers fighting Kang through time. It was the best thing I have ever seen.

ProjectX2 said:
Hawkeye and Black Widow going after the Russians who created/trained her (a modern version of HYDRA?) with flashbacks to when they first met. You could even introduce the second Black Widow, Yelena Belova. It could be the best romantic espionage comedy of all time.

I'd rather have a Black Widow solo film(Which seems to be being pitched). Hawkeye can have a supporting role though.

Her story is far more interesting. The villain should be Viper, with Yelena or Snapdragon as her agent.

And there should be references to the Winter Soldier in her assassin days.

Last edited:
The post-credits scene I saw had The Avengers fighting Kang through time. It was the best thing I have ever seen.

The US version has this. It ends when Thanos poops on Kang.

Kind of silly actually.

original.gif

E said:
The US version has this. It ends when Thanos poops on Kang.

Kind of silly actually.

That wasn't Thanos, it was Darkseid. And it was an Omega poop.

Hulk have had two films

One film in continuity wise. Ang lee's hulk doesn't exist in this timeline. It can't for various reasons. (like in Avengers
They said he turned into hulk trying to recreate the captain america serum.)

So yeah. One film.

I really hope not. Either of those things, but especially the second.

Latest posts

Back