The Avengers discussion (spoilers!)

How would you rate The Avengers?

• Total voters
Thanos would be less of a threat if Death put out more.

just-saiyan.jpg

I went and saw the Avengers again (only my second time... I know, I know). I saw it in 3D this time... I really don't get the hype, especially when it's added in post-production. It really adds nothing.

Gemini said:
no Thanos obtains instruments of cosmic manipulation, and blinks half of the universe out of existence with nary a word of warning

THAT is how Thanos rolls

He does that too, but read some of his earlier appearances. He nukes Titan (the moon he is from) and uses Silver Surfer to introduce a disease to a planet with no immunity to it.

Last edited:
I had forgotten about this panel from Ultimates Vol. 1:

ultimates-rdjr.jpg

Hey when did this one come out?

I don't recall which issue but it was early in the story, so it would have been mid-2002 or so.

Have you read Ultimates? I highly recommend it if you haven't.

I don't recall which issue but it was early in the story, so it would have been mid-2002 or so.

Have you read Ultimates? I highly recommend it if you haven't.

Wow that is really ironic and funny I haven't read them. Do u no where I can get some for cheap I'm not the richest person in the world

Wow that is really ironic and funny I haven't read them. Do u no where I can get some for cheap I'm not the richest person in the world

Do you use Comixology? They are on there for $2/issue. They've come up a few times on the 99 cent sales. They also have collected editions for both Ultimates and Ultimates 2 but I don't know offhand what the prices are.

Other than that, assuming you live in the US, I'd probably say check Amazon for the TPBs. They should be fairly cheap, especially if you go for used. The Comic Board Store is located at http://store.thecomicboard.com/ and is a storefront for Amazon which helps this site. Just search for "Ultimates" or "Ultimates 2". Each series is split into 2 TPBs:

If you want the printed issues I would suggest eBay; that's probably where you will find them cheapest. But they aren't cheap. Digital or printed TPBs are your best bet.

Do you use Comixology? They are on there for $2/issue. They've come up a few times on the 99 cent sales. They also have collected editions for both Ultimates and Ultimates 2 but I don't know offhand what the prices are.

Other than that, assuming you live in the US, I'd probably say check Amazon for the TPBs. They should be fairly cheap, especially if you go for used. The Comic Board Store is located at http://store.thecomicboard.com/ and is a storefront for Amazon which helps this site. Just search for "Ultimates" or "Ultimates 2". Each series is split into 2 TPBs:

[*]Ultimates Vol. 1: Super-Human (collects Ultimates #1-6)
[*]Ultimates Vol. 2: Homeland Security (collects Ultimates #7-13)
[*]Ultimates 2 Vol. 1: Gods and Monsters (collects Ultimates 2 #1-6)
[*]Ultimates 2 Vol. 2: Grand Theft America (collects Ultimates 2 #7-13)

If you want the printed issues I would suggest eBay; that's probably where you will find them cheapest. But they aren't cheap. Digital or printed TPBs are your best bet.

K cool thanks. I've been wanting to read more comics lately but haven't known where to find them

Marvel also opened up Marvel Unlimited for iOS, they might be there. That would allow you to read a lot of comics across the board.

Marvel also opened up Marvel Unlimited for iOS, they might be there. That would allow you to read a lot of comics across the board.

Yeah, and it works in a regular web browser if you don't have an iOS device. Both Ultimates stories are in there. The service costs $10/month or $60/year.

It's pretty good for the money but they do a terrible job of scanning their comics, particularly from that era (early 2000s). There are a lot of layers missing, mostly speech balloons. Newer books are a little better.

Oh I so want to read them :( how many are in the series

There are two separate 13 issue series. They were very influential on the Avengers movie, so much so that Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch were mentioned in the credits.

There are two separate 13 issue series. They were very influential on the Avengers movie, so much so that Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch were mentioned in the credits.

Oh that's so cool. Thanks ill check them out.

[video=youtube;uc0s6IpLsxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc0s6IpLsxc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

This is perfect. :lol:

Latest posts

Back