The Dark Knight {Spoilers Abound}

Y'know, I have to admit, the real reason why I want Catwoman in the next one is so that Batman can finally get some *****.

*badum-ching*

Y'know, I have to admit, the real reason why I want Catwoman in the next one is so that Batman can finally get some *****.

*badum-ching*

No!

NO!

You do NOT get a drum rimshot for that terrible innuendo!

BAD!

Last edited:
Story Contest for the next Batman movie. They'll judge and the best idea for Batman 3 will get....Killing Joke hard cover and three posters for Dark Knight.

I've entered for the posters...although I only have the paper back Killing Joke so...I guess I want that too.

Just thought since you're all thinking about the next one you could enter. Although the deadline is tonight at midnight so...best to hurry.

Last edited:
Story Contest for the next Batman movie. They'll judge and the best idea for Batman 3 will get....Killing Joke hard cover and three posters for Dark Knight.

I've entered for the posters...although I only have the paper back Killing Joke so...I guess I want that too.

Just thought since you're all thinking about the next one you could enter. Although the deadline is tonight at midnight so...best to hurry.

So, in a frenzy, I typed out the Dreammovie outline for a Dark Knight sequel, but, it's like 2,000 some words. There's a 500 word count limit. I wonder if I could pare that down. I would love a Killing Joke hardcover.

Last edited:
My original writing had 700 words. I felt like I cut a bit too much out but I still covered the basics, which is really all you can. I even cut enough to add a paragraph talking about the themes running in the movie...well....as much as I could given the limit. I seriously could have kept writing and even turned it into a script.

Because, honestly, who doesn't want to write anything Batman related?

edit:

Also, Zombi, I'd love to read your 2,000 word movie idea. The ones you had for Thor and Captain America were really good.

Last edited:
So, in a frenzy, I typed out the Dreammovie outline for a Dark Knight sequel, but, it's like 2,000 some words. There's a 500 word count limit. I wonder if I could pare that down. I would love a Killing Joke hardcover.

I'm in a similar boat... I have 2,600 words right now, and I've only written out the first Act of the film. I am totally in love with my idea, though.

If the deadline wasn't so soon I would try it, though I feel a lot of my ideas would be stolen from this thread

Keep your ideas for our brand new extra fancy DreamMOVIE round that will be starting at the end of the week.

Keep your ideas for our brand new extra fancy DreamMOVIE round that will be starting at the end of the week.

I'll do that
If the deadline wasn't so soon I would try it, though I feel a lot of my ideas would be stolen from this thread
I lied, I got bored at work and typed it out anyway. I did it surprizingly fast. There's probably way too much for one movie, even with TDK packing of material

My original writing had 700 words. I felt like I cut a bit too much out but I still covered the basics, which is really all you can. I even cut enough to add a paragraph talking about the themes running in the movie...well....as much as I could given the limit. I seriously could have kept writing and even turned it into a script.

Because, honestly, who doesn't want to write anything Batman related?

Seriously. The awesome thing about TDK is that it left such a juicy hook at the end of the film that we could all pitch a sequel and come up with entirely different ideas for the story.

Foolsfolly said:
Also, Zombi, I'd love to read your 2,000 word movie idea. The ones you had for Thor and Captain America were really good.

Hah. And I really like having my ego stroked. I could PM it to you to get suggestions, if you want.

Dr. Strangefate said:
I'm in a similar boat... I have 2,600 words right now, and I've only written out the first Act of the film. I am totally in love with my idea, though.

:shock: Jesus. That's gonna be a lot of words, dude. I kept my plot as a fairly loose skeleton, with most of the word count devoted to an analysis of the characters and discussing the thematic issues. I can't even imagine what a 5,000 word+ pitch would look like.

Random said:
I lied, I got bored at work and typed it out anyway. I did it surprizingly fast. There's probably way too much for one movie, even with TDK packing of material

I'm in the same boat. I've got eight new characters, and three weaving plot threads. But I think a methodical director could squeeze it into a two and a half hour movie.

And I'm calling dibs on the casting of Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Bane.

He had Ana call, and the excuse she gave was that the cops couldn't be trusted. Theoretically, why would Gordan move his family to a more secure location, due to fears of the cops guarding his family, only to have the exact reasoning of his doubts go with his family?

I said I can't remember much about that scene. I'll figure it out when I see it again.

I was wondering why they used Ana in the animated movie and not Renee.

This explains it. It mentions her mom in the hospital in that as well.

Yep. I thought the same thing when her name was first mentioned (I'd watched Batman Begins and Batman Gotham Knight the night before in preparation). Its weird that in the novelization of Gotham Knight Louise Simonson (the author) changed the character to Montoya. Especially given the appearance of Ortiz in the movie. Eh, whatever, no big deal.

Yep, I like it all except for "Catwoman briefly becomes Gotham's new protector", which is just too implausible and the sort of comic-bookiness the series is trying to evolve from. I agree that she should help Bruce and turn over a new leaf in that respect, but not quite to that level. Jean-Paul Valley on the other hand..... I think seeing Bruce have to catharically out-bat somebody is the kind of "what could top TDK?" moment we've been asking for.

I like that idea, but preferably without the Jean-Paul Valley/Azrael character. I think a lot of the same ideas can be accomplished through the main villain of Bane who will be a different sort of counterpart (compared to the Joker) to Batman. Much like you said, having to out-Bat Bane, who in a third would've beaten the crap out of Batman, proven to out think and be a tactical superior even to the Batman, etc. Perhaps while Batman recuperates Bane becomes a different kind of villain, sort of a Bane/Azrael combo. He becomes a new vigilante, but is extremely brutal and doesn't mind killing those who get in his way (even cops). The public begins calling for Batman's blood (escalating the ending of TDK) while Bane brings the city down around him. Batman heals, and overcomes Bane in the finale. Thus this retains your idea without Valley (I just don't think he deserves an appearance in these movies). This also explores minorly plotlines of escalation, but in a different sense. I can see the main theme of the third movie being Identity, with Bruce struggling with who the real man is (Bruce or Batman) after Rachel's death and the city's branding of Batman as a villain. Especially when he's been beaten by Bane and is recovering, regaining his abilities, confidence, and drive to be Gotham's protector...it could also echo themes of fear Bruce has about his abilities. After a rousing ego-stroking speech by Alfred, we're off to the action. Bane spends a portion of the movie trying to ascertain Batman's civilian identity, and if Riddler is included...well, that speaks for itself. Moonmaster's Catwoman idea and love angle could also be a useful plot thread in the identity theme (Bruce/Selina vs. Batman/Catwoman). Themes of "the greater good", yadda-yadda-yadda and all that.

Maybe a little simplistic compared to Nolan's themes in the first two, but thats why I'm not writing scripts.

Last edited:
And I'm calling dibs on the casting of Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Bane.

Not that I really want Ade-whatever as Bane, but I don't think it's fair to call dibs, especially since this isn't the thread where we cast people.

Whoever casts him casts him.

I like that idea, but preferably without the Jean-Paul Valley/Azrael character. I think a lot of the same ideas can be accomplished through the main villain of Bane who will be a different sort of counterpart (compared to the Joker) to Batman. Much like you said, having to out-Bat Bane, who in a third would've beaten the crap out of Batman, proven to out think and be a tactical superior even to the Batman, etc. Perhaps while Batman recuperates Bane becomes a different kind of villain, sort of a Bane/Azrael combo. He becomes a new vigilante, but is extremely brutal and doesn't mind killing those who get in his way (even cops). The public begins calling for Batman's blood (escalating the ending of TDK) while Bane brings the city down around him. Batman heals, and overcomes Bane in the finale. Thus this retains your idea without Valley (I just don't think he deserves an appearance in these movies). This also explores minorly plotlines of escalation, but in a different sense. I can see the main theme of the third movie being Identity, with Bruce struggling with who the real man is (Bruce or Batman) after Rachel's death and the city's branding of Batman as a villain. Especially when he's been beaten by Bane and is recovering, regaining his abilities, confidence, and drive to be Gotham's protector...it could also echo themes of fear Bruce has about his abilities. After a rousing ego-stroking speech by Alfred, we're off to the action. Bane spends a portion of the movie trying to ascertain Batman's civilian identity, and if Riddler is included...well, that speaks for itself. Moonmaster's Catwoman idea and love angle could also be a useful plot thread in the identity theme (Bruce/Selina vs. Batman/Catwoman). Themes of "the greater good", yadda-yadda-yadda and all that.

Maybe a little simplistic compared to Nolan's themes in the first two, but thats why I'm not writing scripts.

Love it, at least as the floor-plan/foundation for the script. Cutting Valley's character and incorporating that stuff into Bane really trims the fat and would make it flow better. In terms of a love interest, though, I have a completely different idea that I can't wait to do in the Dreamcasting thing but will work even BETTER with this.

Now if we can just get the next film to happen with a great, appropriate Bane(still hoping they agree with Bardem) and not the shock-casting of someone like, yeah, Timberlake(it's always a risk with this ****, for better or for worse... I wouldn't have believed you if you'd told me Heath Ledger would play the Joker and 21-year-old Kate Bosworth would be a veteran reporter/mother Lois Lane), we'll have a winner on our hands.

Love it, at least as the floor-plan/foundation for the script.

Oh thats all it is, just an EXTREMELY general outline. Thanks. :)

Cutting Valley's character and incorporating that stuff into Bane really trims the fat and would make it flow better. In terms of a love interest, though, I have a completely different idea that I can't wait to do in the Dreamcasting thing but will work even BETTER with this.

I look forward to it.

Now if we can just get the next film to happen with a great, appropriate Bane(still hoping they agree with Bardem) and not the shock-casting of someone like, yeah, Timberlake(it's always a risk with this ****, for better or for worse... I wouldn't have believed you if you'd told me Heath Ledger would play the Joker and 21-year-old Kate Bosworth would be a veteran reporter/mother Lois Lane), we'll have a winner on our hands.

:lol:

Glad you liked it. It was yours and Moony's ideas that influenced it.

Latest posts

Back