The Dark Knight {Spoilers Abound}

I figured (IMO :wink:) that it could be just them covering it up. Which I think would be cool if it blew up in their face in a future film (if they did indeed announce him dead).

(IMO i'm going to gut you like a fish :lol:) But yeah that could be awesome. I personally am assuming he's dead and they wasted the character but that's cool

And hey- Gordon's daughter won't be Batgirl (unless they work in Tiny Titans [bah-dum-dssh]). It was cool to see them put his daughter in (and a son- but I don't know if he ever had one in the comics).

Last edited:
And hey- Gordon's daughter won't be Batgirl (unless they work in Tiny Titans [bah-dum-dssh]). It was cool to see them put his daughter in (and a son- but I don't know if he ever had one in the comics).

Unless there is one of the right age off in collage or something so we never saw her :D

I actually think the son is the same kid with Rachel from the last movie and that maybe Gordon adopted him cause his parents died

I actually think the son is the same kid with Rachel from the last movie and that maybe Gordon adopted him cause his parents died

He had a son in the comics. His son's name was Jimmy in the Long Halloween and Dark Victory so he's not just their for no reason. And Babs was never his real daughter in the comics, she was always his niece whom they had adopted. So if they wanted to go that way Batgirl could be integrated with ease.

He had a son in the comics. His son's name was Jimmy in the Long Halloween and Dark Victory so he's not just their for no reason. And Babs was never his real daughter in the comics, she was always his niece whom they had adopted. So if they wanted to go that way Batgirl could be integrated with ease.
This I did not know. Thanks.

Well if he is, he's played by a different actor.

I met Jack Gleeson, who played the kid saved by Batman in the first film.

:rockon:

Anyway, I don't think it's him. I'd say it's just Gordon's kid Jimmy, like in the comics. And I'd say the girl is just a fun reference to Batgirl that won't and shouldn't become anymore than that.

NO. SIDEKICKS.

Well if he is, he's played by a different actor.

I met Jack Gleeson, who played the kid saved by Batman in the first film.

:rockon:

Anyway, I don't think it's him. I'd say it's just Gordon's kid Jimmy, like in the comics. And I'd say the girl is just a fun reference to Batgirl that won't and shouldn't become anymore than that.

NO. SIDEKICKS.

While I'm sure Nolan could definetly work in Robin in a later film, it would be inapropriate for the next one. I want this one completely about Batman on the run. And I'd rather the spotlight go to Bane, Riddler and Black Mask, characters who deserve the kind of spotlight that Joker, Ra's, Scarecrow and Two-Face got.

While I'm sure Nolan could definetly work in Robin...

He doesn't want to. He's said this. Bale won't act in a Batman film that includes Robin. He's said this. I like Robin in some stories but I hate him in an awful lot of others. Including this.

Problem solved!

He doesn't want to. He's said this. Bale won't act in a Batman film that includes Robin. He's said this. I like Robin in some stories but I hate him in an awful lot of others. Including this.

Problem solved!

And if you read on you can see that I said he wouldn't be right for the next film.

I don't think Dent's dead (yeah, saw it today). He could've been unconscious for all we know. They never did check for vitals or anything. And we didn't see if Dent's head hit the ground first or what. We never saw what they did with the body, either.

Dent's dead. Whether it was shown or not, I think Batman and Gordon were both positive he was dead. They're not amateurs, and aren't going to just walk away without checking for a pulse.

Besides, the coroner/medical examiners, etc all had to pronounce him dead (THERE WAS A BODY!), presumably before the memorial was held for Dent (Gordon was presiding over it at the very end).

Two Face and Dent are both dead, one in the same. ;)

Besides, as has been said, Nolan isn't going to resort to retconning his own story. That works for comic book runs written and drawn by a large amount of different people over the years...sometimes. Done in a movie series, by the same writer/director no less, is just cheap.

We'll see new villains in a third one, that I can promise you.

I thought so too because the two kids look so similar, but then I watched Begins again and remember a scene at Gordon's home where Barbara (his wife) is feeding the kids (two were sitting at the table). I think it was a boy and girl, but the shot was from outside through a window into the kitchen so its not easy to make out, let alone remember clearly. So I'm pretty sure its just a coincidence.

Last edited:
Dent's dead. Whether it was shown or not, I think Batman and Gordon were both positive he was dead. They're not amateurs, and aren't going to just walk away without checking for a pulse.

Besides, the coroner/medical examiners, etc all had to pronounce him dead (THERE WAS A BODY!), presumably before the memorial was held for Dent (Gordon was presiding over it at the very end).

Two Face and Dent are both dead, one in the same. ;)

Besides, as has been said, Nolan isn't going to resort to retconning his own story. That works for comic book runs written and drawn by a large amount of different people over the years...sometimes. Done in a movie series, by the same writer/director no less, is just cheap.

We'll see new villains in a third one, that I can promise you.
We'll ovbviously they'd check, but we didn't see it. Of course medical people would check, but as if it's not easy to hide that info. Of course there was a body, but not at Gordon's speech about Dent.

And of course we'd see new villains for the next film.

We'll ovbviously they'd check, but we didn't see it. Of course medical people would check, but as if it's not easy to hide that info. Of course there was a body, but not at Gordon's speech about Dent.

Well Gordon also took his son down there. If Two face was alive even if uncontentious he wouldn't take his son there considering he wanted to kill his son and all and Gordon faked his own to protect them he takes his family safety very seriously

And of course we'd see new villains for the next film.

I guess what I mean is the "fake death" thing (especially to the level of a cop and highly intelligent detective/vigilante) being pulled off works ok in comics and television shows (and even lesser movies), but not in Nolans Batman films. They're too smart and routed in reality for stuff like that not to seem overly campy and stick out like a sore thumb. Dent won't come back in a Nolan Batman film is all I'm saying.

I guess what I mean is the "fake death" thing (especially to the level of a cop and highly intelligent detective/vigilante) being pulled off works ok in comics and television shows (and even lesser movies), but not in Nolans Batman films. They're too smart and routed in reality for stuff like that not to seem overly campy and stick out like a sore thumb. Dent won't come back in a Nolan Batman film is all I'm saying.
Only time will tell. :)

Even one of the producers has said that whether or not Dent is dead is intentionally ambiguous. This is far from saying that he'll be back, but it at least means the door is a bit open.

I have to agree that the "fake death" thing would never happen in Nolans Batman films, I mean the very idea of a character like Two-Face, Batman, or even Commissioner Gordon pretending to be dead while actaully being alive would never work on screen...oh, wait. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back