The Dark Knight {Spoilers Abound}

Did anyone notice Bale lisping in some of the scenes? This was really off-putting. That and how in some of the more well-lit scenes, he had to squint in the mask, which made him lose all of the intensity in his eyes.

I don't like his fake, "deep," Batman voice. He tries to sound intimidating, but he just sounds retarded.

I don't like his fake, "deep," Batman voice. He tries to sound intimidating, but he just sounds retarded.

Aaaand the alternative was what?

Have him use his regular voice?

Oh I know, maybe dub in Kevin Conroy.

No, the alternative is to find a voice that doesn't make him sound completely ridiculous.

the problem is, Christian Bale isn't Phil LeMar, and in all honesty, most people aren't. This was probably the best compromise they could come up with. Since he's having to speak with an entirely different accent and dialect, the husky thing may be all he can do without slipping into his native welsh.

Seriously though, if his voice is enough to kill the film for you, you may be taking yourself a little too seriously.

Now all I can picture is Batman saying "Batman ydw i."

(Thats Welsh for I'm Batman."

LOL, I have a Welsh friend at the university I go to, she runs around saying stuff along those lines. She's a spaz.

Last edited:
His Bat-voice didn't bother me in the slightest. I actually thought it sounded kinda cool. It's supposed to sound unreal, the voice is part of what intimidates these criminals, who all have an image of Batman as this unreal, unbeatable thing. Remember the scene in Batman Begins when the criminals were all saying things like "Can he fly?" and "I heard he can disappear"? I see the voice as feeding into that unreal, scary vision the crooks have of him.

Know what I just realised?

"You want to be able to move your head?"

"It would sure make backing out of the driveway, easier!"

Fox had nothing to do with the creation of the Bat-Mask. Bruce and Alf ordered and created it, themselves. Seems kind of odd that he'd go to Fox for improvements on it. I guess Fox probably had a hand in creating the neck-brace thing, though.
I don't mind his voice that much, its good for one line at a time or the interrogations. But not for long bouts of dialogue

I think Bale should affect a Welsh accent when in the costume. That would really throw investigators off of the trail. Maybe he could stuff a bra under his costume too. Then no one will know what to look for.

As for Dent? He's dead, guys. DEAD. He's not playing possum. He's dead.

Dead.

Dead.

DEAD.

You mean, until Joel Schumacker or Michael Bay takes over the franchise.

No, Nolan could easily bring him back, especially if he opts not to use the Joker.

And if even a producer of the movie says it's ambiguous and Eckhart says he'll be willing to come back, it's very possible.

TDK has taken the highest 7-day total record from POTC: Dead Mans Chest with a lead of $42,595,709 after reaching $238,615,211. Its 7 day total also beat the 8 day record as well...

No, Nolan could easily bring him back, especially if he opts not to use the Joker.

And if even a producer of the movie says it's ambiguous and Eckhart says he'll be willing to come back, it's very possible.

See, I think that's a stupid idea.

Excessively stupid.

OK, I saw the movie, loved it, but there's one thing about it that's been bugging me.

The darker feel.

Yes, I know, it sounds all moral guardian, but hear me out.

Back during the Burton days, one of the primary reasons they switched to Schumaker is because people complained about Batman Returns being too dark. And while The Dark Knight is twice the film Batman Returns is, I have to say it's darker.

Just makes me kind of worried history will repeat itself and we'll have total letdown. The rumors of Riddler in the third film don't help much. (Forever, anyone?)

I think Returns stops being dark around the time penguins are outfitted with heavy artillery. Or possibly when The Penguin flew away on his helicopter umbrella.

Last edited:
See, I think that's a stupid idea.

Excessively stupid.

Why is bringing Two-Face back a stupid idea? Maybe not in the next one, but down the line. I want the police to cover up Dent's scarring, move him to Arkham, and have the fake funeral so that the public thinks he is dead. Later he could get out (mass Bane induced Arkhm breakout anyone?), and the heat could be on the police as to their cover up. In the course of these events Batman is exonerated from the crimes that Two-Face did to begin with. And don't tell me that this takes away the meaning from the DArk Knight's ending, because this doesn't take away from the fact that Batman took responsibility for Two-Face's crimes even though he didn't have to.

OK, I saw the movie, loved it, but there's one thing about it that's been bugging me.

The darker feel.

Yes, I know, it sounds all moral guardian, but hear me out.

Back during the Burton days, one of the primary reasons they switched to Schumaker is because people complained about Batman Returns being too dark. And while The Dark Knight is twice the film Batman Returns is, I have to say it's darker.

Just makes me kind of worried history will repeat itself and we'll have total letdown. The rumors of Riddler in the third film don't help much. (Forever, anyone?)

I don't think that Warners is going to dump Nolan because this movie is darker than Begins. I think people tend to make connections that don't really apply at all, like this, or that a third sequel will suck because Spider-man 3 sucked, so on and so on. I mean this movie is an absolute box office monster, and I really haven't heard a lot of complaints from parent groups or what have you.

Latest posts

Back