The Dark Knight {Spoilers Abound}

SuperHeroHype.com said:
So let's recap - widest release (4,366 theaters), biggest midnight opening ($18.5M), biggest opening weekend ($158.4M), biggest July opener ($158.4M), biggest PG-13 rated opening ($158.4M), biggest single day ($67.2M), biggest opening day ($67.2M), biggest Friday ($67.2M), biggest Sunday ($43.6M), biggest IMAX opening ($6.3M) and fastest to $200M in five days ($203.8M).

Yeah...so when do you think they'll start making official announcements of a third movie? :roll:

Insanity.

Last edited:
Saw the movie today. Loved it. 9/10
Dent is dead (would be stupid if Batman didn't notice him being alive when he turned his head). Joker won't be re-cast, would be bad business making someone else take up the role after the publicity this movie got after Ledgers death.
Glad to see Rachel gone, she bugged me the whole movie and most of Batman Begins.

Oh, and there were no scene after the credits for those that wonders. I stayed to find out.

Villains for the next movie: E. Nigma (won't be called Riddler) as a mysterious, smart, gentleman killer (think Saw meets a Bond Villain) and some other villain. Bane might work.

Edit: Oh, and I think Nolan has said that as long as he works on the Batman movies there are two people that won't be introduced; Robin and Catwoman.

Last edited:
Why is bringing Two-Face back a stupid idea? Maybe not in the next one, but down the line. I want the police to cover up Dent's scarring, move him to Arkham, and have the fake funeral so that the public thinks he is dead. Later he could get out (mass Bane induced Arkhm breakout anyone?), and the heat could be on the police as to their cover up. In the course of these events Batman is exonerated from the crimes that Two-Face did to begin with. And don't tell me that this takes away the meaning from the DArk Knight's ending, because this doesn't take away from the fact that Batman took responsibility for Two-Face's crimes even though he didn't have to.
The thing is, Dent's story wrapped up, there's no reason to bring him back other than to expose the conspiracy (just so you can feel confrontable with the status quo) which you don't need to bring him back to do. His character was so great and so powerful that if they brought him back he would only be a bit player like Scarecrow was here. You need escalation in a character. There's no were else for him to go. I'm not saying that they couldn't bring him back, its that they shouldn't cause he would not be anywhere near as great as he was in this film.

Edit: Oh, and I think Nolan has said that as long as he works on the Batman movies there are two people that won't be introduced; Robin and Catwoman.

How long ago did he say that? Cause I have a feeling it was a while ago. I'm sure he may if he gets an interesting idea.

I think Returns stops being dark around the time penguins are outfitted with heavy artillery. Or possibly when The Penguin flew away on his helicopter umbrella.

Penguin suicide bombers.

Yay.

I don't think that Warners is going to dump Nolan because this movie is darker than Begins. I think people tend to make connections that don't really apply at all, like this, or that a third sequel will suck because Spider-man 3 sucked, so on and so on. I mean this movie is an absolute box office monster, and I really haven't heard a lot of complaints from parent groups or what have you.

Yeah, I don't really think it will come through, but there's always that nagging voice in the back of the head.

Still, if I had a kid, I would not take him to see this, just because of Joker's magic trick.

Still, if I had a kid, I would not take him to see this, just because of Joker's magic trick.

My little brother (7) wants to see this so bad, but I refuse to take him, not because of the magic trick or two-faces appearence or anything, he, like me and my sister, has a high watermark for stuff like that (Me and my sister grew up watching just about every scary movie you can think up, Aliens, Halloween, The Omen, Hellraiser, all when we were 6-7 years old)

my main issue is themes and how dark the movie is. it's a little to downtrodden than I'd like him to see, maybe once it's out on dvd

and BTW the only movie that ever actually scared me was...............Jumanji (That Lion scared the piss out of me)

There's no were else for him to go. I'm not saying that they couldn't bring him back, its that they shouldn't cause he would not be anywhere near as great as he was in this film.

That's a bit presumptive. I think that they can do more things with the character than what they have. He isn't dramatically tapped out in my opinion.

My little brother (7) wants to see this so bad, but I refuse to take him, not because of the magic trick or two-faces appearence or anything, he, like me and my sister, has a high watermark for stuff like that (Me and my sister grew up watching just about every scary movie you can think up, Aliens, Halloween, The Omen, Hellraiser, all when we were 6-7 years old)

my main issue is themes and how dark the movie is. it's a little to downtrodden than I'd like him to see, maybe once it's out on dvd

and BTW the only movie that ever actually scared me was...............Jumanji (That Lion scared the piss out of me)
There were (of course) little kids at the screening I went to.

There was a family with three very small kids sitting in front of us. During the big chase scene, one of the kids actually sat in her mom's lap and hid her head for the most of the rest of the movie.

Parents are stupid.

There were (of course) little kids at the screening I went to.

There was a family with three very small kids sitting in front of us. During the big chase scene, one of the kids actually sat in her mom's lap and hid her head for the most of the rest of the movie.

Parents are stupid.

indeed

I think once it hits DVD my brother can see it, because the atmosphere the movie creates won't be the same without the gigantic screen, pitch black, and blasting surround sound

Last edited:
Why is bringing Two-Face back a stupid idea? Maybe not in the next one, but down the line. I want the police to cover up Dent's scarring, move him to Arkham, and have the fake funeral so that the public thinks he is dead. Later he could get out (mass Bane induced Arkhm breakout anyone?), and the heat could be on the police as to their cover up. In the course of these events Batman is exonerated from the crimes that Two-Face did to begin with. And don't tell me that this takes away the meaning from the DArk Knight's ending, because this doesn't take away from the fact that Batman took responsibility for Two-Face's crimes even though he didn't have to.

Because his story has been told. It's terrible that Two-Face had to die in a Joker story, but bringing him back to life undermines the core of the story. The Dark Knight is about the Joker winning. Every single event that was orchestrated by the Joker, to the very last step, (except, perhaps, the boat's not detonating, but he seems to have accepted that as a possibility) went according to his plan. It was about him twisting the two beacons of hope in the city. To twist Dent into a monster, and to force Batman to kill. Would Batman have won if he had picked differently when he had the opportunity to choose Rachel or Harvey? If I remember correctly, Batman actually chose Rachel to save, but Joker lied to him about which one was where. It seems to me, Rachel is the "Bruce Wayne" choice and Harvey is the "Batman" choice. Anyway, it's integral to the movie that Batman has to kill a friend, and the pillar of Wayne's dream, while he's compelled to not kill the psychopath who orchestrated the whole thing. If Dent shows back up, that negates the center.

Besides, Batman would have checked to see if Harvey was dead.

Half the theater I saw it was kids. They left the theater cheering..and then in the bathroom and lobby asking their parents the tough questions:

-Why did the Joker do all that?
-Why did Batman run away?

I heard kids asking parents that all over the place.

I agree with Zombi. Dent's dead. Batman broke his rule and Harvey's a monster. The Joker won.

I think that they need to use new characters for the next movie. That means Riddler, Bane, Black Mask, Catwoman, even Robin, characters like that get a spotlight. Joker and Two-Face will now be synonimous with the greatest super hero movie of all time and I'd like it to stay that way.

Because his story has been told. It's terrible that Two-Face had to die in a Joker story, but bringing him back to life undermines the core of the story. The Dark Knight is about the Joker winning. Every single event that was orchestrated by the Joker, to the very last step, (except, perhaps, the boat's not detonating, but he seems to have accepted that as a possibility) went according to his plan. It was about him twisting the two beacons of hope in the city. To twist Dent into a monster, and to force Batman to kill. Would Batman have won if he had picked differently when he had the opportunity to choose Rachel or Harvey? If I remember correctly, Batman actually chose Rachel to save, but Joker lied to him about which one was where. It seems to me, Rachel is the "Bruce Wayne" choice and Harvey is the "Batman" choice. Anyway, it's integral to the movie that Batman has to kill a friend, and the pillar of Wayne's dream, while he's compelled to not kill the psychopath who orchestrated the whole thing. If Dent shows back up, that negates the center.

Besides, Batman would have checked to see if Harvey was dead.

Fine, I guess that makes sense.

I was kind of dissapointed that they didn't really show that Dent was a little crazy even before he was turned into Two-Face. I would have liked a few of those Gollum/Smeagol like scenes that were rumored. Sure you have Dent intimidating that one guy, but I don't think that was enough.

Does anyone know if they cut scenes? Because I am almost positive that I saw a part in a trailer of Batman running on top of some cop cars, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the movie.

To weigh in on the discussion, my friend and I were just talking about this exact thing... See, I thought I saw Dent blink at the end, maybe suggesting that he survived, that he was playing dead for that moment or something. I dunno. Part of me just didn't want to admit he was dead (although, they did what they could with the character to that point...). My friend that Nolan is not a fan of retconning, which would mean the prospect of a Two Face resurrection would be slim to none.

So, an idea I had with the third. The Riddler learns the Batman's identity from Reese. He kills Reese. And begins to murder people, trying to set up Batman as the killer, all the while putting out clues for the cops to find, telling them Batman's true identity. Finally, the cops put it all together to find out that Wayne is Batman. I don't know where it could go from there, but it sounds cool to me.

Just watched this today. Here's my thoughts. Sorry if it's been posted by others but I'm not reading 20 pages :lol:.

First I'll say the bad things I thought.

- They IMO wasted the character of two face
- The stuff with scarecrow been with the batman copy cats seemed IMO pointless they could have done so much more with it e.g Scarecrow meets joker.
- Some of the stuff seemed far fetched like turning every phone in to sonar

Everything else though was perfect IMO and I loved the joker in this. IMO it's the ONLY live action Joker who is like the joker. I loved how Two face's face looked after it was burnt. And it did have some great twists. E.g Gordon been killed I actually said to my GF as we were watching it "What the ****.... they can't kill gordon!" Then he was alive and was thinking "they got me"

After the film I enjoyed a Dark Whopper , maybe the nicest burger ever.

I give the film a 4.6 out of 5.

I don't think Dent's dead (yeah, saw it today). He could've been unconscious for all we know. They never did check for vitals or anything. And we didn't see if Dent's head hit the ground first or what. We never saw what they did with the body, either.

Best comic film this year. Definitely beats out Iron Man.

Last edited:
I don't think Dent's dead (yeah, saw it today). He could've been unconscious for all we know. They never did check for vitals or anything. And we didn't see if Dent's head hit the ground first or what. We never saw what they did with the body, either.

The way they were talking afterwards though with the picture behind them sounded like he dead and if he was alive Batman wouldn't have gone out on such a limb to help him e.g getting all the police to help him as Two face would be arrested or else do it again or locked in Arkham either way people would figure it out.

The way they were talking afterwards though with the picture behind them sounded like he dead and if he was alive Batman wouldn't have gone out on such a limb to help him e.g getting all the police to help him as Two face would be arrested or else do it again or locked in Arkham either way people would figure it out.
I figured (IMO :wink:) that it could be just them covering it up. Which I think would be cool if it blew up in their face in a future film (if they did indeed announce him dead).

Latest posts

Back