The Dark Knight {Spoilers Abound}

Except our plan has more Whoopi Goldberg.

Her power comes from her dread-locks. Thats how she brought Ted Danson under her spell. At least until he learned the carpet matched the drapes. :sick:

Batman 3 Rumors: Angelina Jolie interested in Catwoman?!

I'd have no problem with this. None what so ever. :D

I do. I mean, I'm not completely against it, but Angelina Jolie doesn't seem like a good fit in Nolan's Batman films. I mean, they involve A list stars which she definitly qualifies as, but I just have a hard time seeing her work in the film. I think I'm afraid she might overshadow Bale or other characters in a detrimental way (meaning in a way people would complain about and not find appealing, unlike Ledger's off the wall, scene-stealing performance as the Joker). I don't know...

Physically, I think it would work. She's a good fit in terms of body type and sex appeal, and we know she's capable of physically demanding roles which Catwoman certainly would be...I'm not sure what it is, but something just doesn't fit for me.

If they have to have Catwoman, Rosario Dawson would be a good choice.

Eh, I'm not sure about Dawson either. I'm not sure if she can pull off the confidence and slight insanity that Catwoman is known for. Not saying she can't (she was ok in her role in Sin City, which in some ways is probably a similar role), but I think Jolie could do it better than Dawson.

I just think there's a MUCH better choice than either of those two...I'm gonna have to think on that.

I was thinking more in these terms:

Physically, I think it would work. She's a good fit in terms of body type and sex appeal, and we know she's capable of physically demanding roles which Catwoman certainly would be...I'm not sure what it is, but something just doesn't fit for me.

...than I was these terms:

I do. I mean, I'm not completely against it, but Angelina Jolie doesn't seem like a good fit in Nolan's Batman films. I mean, they involve A list stars which she definitly qualifies as, but I just have a hard time seeing her work in the film. I think I'm afraid she might overshadow Bale or other characters in a detrimental way (meaning in a way people would complain about and not find appealing, unlike Ledger's off the wall, scene-stealing performance as the Joker). I don't know...

You may be right about her overshadowing the other actors. Is it too early to start a thread on Batman 3 rumours?

Jolie_as_Selina.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking more in these terms:

...than I was these terms:

You may be right about her overshadowing the other actors. Is it too early to start a thread on Batman 3 rumours?

Jolie_as_Selina.jpg

No, I don't think so. The Dark Knight thread was started pretty much immediately after Batman Begins was released in 2005, so why not start one for a possible third Nolan Batman? Its not officially happening yet, of course, but I'd be very surprised if it didn't happen at all.

I think Jolie'd be fine as Catwoman. She's young enough and she's got the acting chops to pull it off.

Of course, as bluebeast said, there are a lot of actresses who could pull off a good Catwoman.

I would actually like to see a raven haired straight up cat burglar version of Selina in the film adaptations. Michelle Phiffer was good but of course fit into the crazy Burton films (She was actually one of the few things I liked about the Burton films). and of course the Halle Berry version was god awful. I still think there's someone out there that could handle to role better, but I wouldn't be against Jolie in the role.

I can see why people would want Angelina Jolie but... ugh..

Just, ugh....

I mean, she's the perfect fit for a Catwoman. I mean, she's the go-to girl for crazy, slinky feline leather.... If they were making another Burton Batman or a remake of the Adam West show, I'd say hell yeah.

But... no... She doesn't fit. She's too glam.

DIrishB said:
Her power comes from her dread-locks. Thats how she brought Ted Danson under her spell. At least until he learned the carpet matched the drapes.

Stop....

Hammer Time.....

Explain...?

Last edited:
If they have to have Catwoman, Rosario Dawson would be a good choice.
People really need to stop reading my mind and stealing my ideas before I've had a chance to suggest them.

Then you must be a time traveler and a mind reader.

You're even more dangerous than Bass.

Don't worry, moonmaster. I am just explaining to your past self that I used Rosario Dawson as Catwoman in my Dreamcast.

That's supposing that Sal Maroni's dead from the car crash (I too suppose he is) and that Ramirez doesn't put two and two together. Or someone who knows Ramirez can put two and two together. Because of all the people we saw Dent kill (Cop in bar, Maroni and driver) Ramirez was the only one besides Joker who got the good heads.

Good point - Ramirez knows. But she can't say anything because if she does it gets out she was involved with Maroni. Understand; Gordon doesn't know.

I changed my stance on a sequel, this MUST be made

[youtube]he2Yk65xImE[/youtube]

So fantastic. I can't wait for someone to edit in Brian Blessed's "GORDON'S ALIVE!!!" into TDK.

Christina Ricci as corporate saboteur Selina Kyle.

Uma Thurman as Talia Al-Ghul.

I hate the casting choices, but I really like the idea of Selina Kyle as a corporate spy/saboteur working/spying on Wayne Industries. Its much more ambitious and interesting than the played out jewel theif angle (which wouldn't work well in the Nolan films) or the timid secretary gone whacko (Batman Returns). Instead of stealing jewels, she's trying to steal technology (the same technology which supplies Batman). It'd also help to better set up parallels between the characters of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle and their late-night alter-egos. Very interesting indeed.

To change the topic slightly... a bit before the movie came out (around the time the first of the TV spots were cropping up on youtube) a thought popped in my head and I thought I'd sit on it till the movie came out to make sure my hunch was right.

I think it was.

I love THE DARK KNIGHT. Terrifically entertaining. It's ever so slightly laboured but any time I notice I flaw I remind myself that it's ****ING AWESOME AND THAT I'M WRONG GODDAM IT. So what I suggest now is most certainly not an improvement or even a judgement on the movie, just an observation.

*ahem*

Wouldn't THE DARK KNIGHT have been an awesome STAR WARS movie?

Really. Think about it.

Imagine if instead of what we got for REVENGE OF THE SITH we got this: THE DARK SIDE. *pauses for booing at the awful name* Okay, bad name but look at it this way:

General Grievous is the Joker. He's off the ****ing chain. He's a monster trapped inside a robot's body. He's been trained by the Emperor and Count Dooku and neither can control him. He leads an assault on Coruscant and kidnaps Palpatine.

Anakin Skywalker is Harvey Dent. Padme is Rachel. Grievious, to continue the Sith, Grievous' (and Palpatine's plan) is to TURN Anakin into Vader. Chaos = The Dark Side of the force. Hell, Anakin even ends up being BURNT.

Batman is Obi-Wan and the rest of the Jedi. Grievous tries to exterminate the Jedi - the one true obstacle. He turns the republic AGAINST the Jedi. He demands they disarm, every day they don't a civilization will die. Starting tonight. He's a man of his word. The jedi become hated throughout the galaxy. People stop believing in the Force. And by the end of the movie, Anakin is Vader and the last two surviving Jedi live on backwater worlds while no one really gives the Jedi any more concern.

Are you feeling it? Do you feel how well this works?

I'm not trying to draw parallels or claim that TDK rips off STAR WARS or TDK would've been better if it was STAR WARS or any of that nonsense. I'm just pointing out that the structure, the spine of TDK also happens to work really well in STAR WARS.

Isn't that fun?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back