The Dark Knight {Spoilers Abound}

I just found out the man that talked down to Joker (and consequently made Joker angry before he noticed Rachel) was Senator Patrick Leahy.

If he chooses to use that as a campaign platform, I would not be surprised.

Actually he also had a cameo in Batman and Robin and guess starred in an episode of Batman TAS. He's a huge fan

I just found out the man that talked down to Joker (and consequently made Joker angry before he noticed Rachel) was Senator Patrick Leahy.

If he chooses to use that as a campaign platform, I would not be surprised.

:lol:

I remember reading about that. He's a big Batman fan, and I know he had a cameo in either Forever or B&R also...or maybe he lent his voice to the Animated Series? Something like that.

Actually he also had a cameo in Batman and Robin and guess starred in an episode of Batman TAS. He's a huge fan

Ah, there we go. :)

TDK is expected to come in at #1 this weekend, the fourth weekend in a row!

No real surprise, but encouraging, if for nothing else that it pretty much guarantees a third movie. WB would be insane not to pursue the cast/crew to return, and most likely leave Nolan and company COMPLETE creative control (thank God).

No real surprise, but encouraging, if for nothing else that it pretty much guarantees a third movie. WB would be insane not to pursue the cast/crew to return, and most likely leave Nolan and company COMPLETE creative control (thank God).

Unless they like a lot of people. A lot of people I know and sites I've seen reckon 80% of it's movie success is just Heath's death. So while peoople will see sequel doesn't matter who's doing it.

I don't think like that I think maybe 30%-40% but not most of it was because of that.

Unless they like a lot of people. A lot of people I know and sites I've seen reckon 80% of it's movie success is just Heath's death. So while peoople will see sequel doesn't matter who's doing it.

I don't think like that I think maybe 30%-40% but not most of it was because of that.

I'm not saying Ledger's death didn't add a certain mystery and weird appeal to see it for some people, but to say 80% (or even 30-40%) of its success is due only to that is ****ing retarded.

This movie would've done amazingly at the box office and critically whether Ledger died or not.

And it matters a great deal who makes the sequel (both to the studios and the fans). Seriously, Mole, do you say stuff just to piss me off?

I'm not saying Ledger's death didn't add a certain mystery and weird appeal to see it for some people, but to say 80% (or even 30-40%) of its success is due only to that is ****ing retarded.

No, it's not. 80% is stretching it but a huge part of the success of the movie is because of Heath Ledger's death.

This movie would've done amazingly at the box office and critically whether Ledger died or not.

And it matters a great deal who makes the sequel (both to the studios and the fans). Seriously, Mole, do you say stuff just to piss me off?

I didn't say it didn't matter? I hoped they DON'T look at it that way.

As for the success been mostly due to his death I was talking about others saying that. E.g Yahoo.com had an article not too long ago where a movie critic said that was the only reason for the success. MSN had a video interviewing people in line and asked them why they answered "To see heath's last work"

Honestly it pissed me off that a few sites were just passing it off as the main reason it was successful. I'm agreeing with you I hope they look at it and think "we need same team back" I really am. I hoping they don't pay attention to the de-hype that is going on.

No, it's not. 80% is stretching it but a huge part of the success of the movie is because of Heath Ledger's death.

I completely disagree. The hype behind this movie was there even before Ledger's death. I'm not saying it didn't help, but it certainly wasn't 30% or 80% or whatever. Thats just ridiculous.

Sure, some people went to see it for that, but I can guarantee it was very much a minority. Most people went to see it because they like Batman, or the rave reviews it was getting, or because they liked the trailer, or were even dragged to it against their will (and hopefully had their mind changed by it).

To say a HUGE part of the people that went to see it merely because Heath died is pretty short-sighted. By that logic Network should've broken box-office records as well, which it certainly didn't (not matter how good a film it is).

I didn't say it didn't matter? I hoped they DON'T look at it that way.

As for the success been mostly due to his death I was talking about others saying that. E.g Yahoo.com had an article not too long ago where a movie critic said that was the only reason for the success. MSN had a video interviewing people in line and asked them why they answered "To see heath's last work"

Honestly it pissed me off that a few sites were just passing it off as the main reason it was successful. I'm agreeing with you I hope they look at it and think "we need same team back" I really am. I hoping they don't pay attention to the de-hype that is going on.

Ok, I misunderstood you, sorry.

I now want to punch the critic that said that in the face. Repeatedly. Wearing spiked brass knuckles soaked in gasoline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, box office estimates are saying TDK takes the 4th weekend in a row at no. 1! Added an estimated $26 mil to its total, making it $441.5 mil. That puts it at 3rd on the all-time domestic blockbuster list, with just Star Wars: A New Hope ($460.998 mil) and Titanic ($600.788 mil). WB estimate that it will make around $520 mil overall.

It might actually be true...

Batman has no limits.

Last edited:
Batman should fight Darth Vader on the Titanic.

Batman should fight Darth Vader on the Titanic.

Movie of the Decade

Titanic 2: Batman Strikes Back.

DARTH VADER arrives on Earth to take his summer holiday on the cruise ship The Titanic. Little did he know he would, due to an over booking, end up sharing a cabin with BATMAN! Hilarious hijinks ensue as the original odd couple struggle to get along, but they must learn to work together when an ICEBERG threatens to sink the whole vacation! AND THE BOAT!

To be fair, with statistics adjusted for inflation, TDK would have to make well over a billion dollars to top most of the highest grossing movies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back