The Dark Knight {Spoilers Abound}

Definitely agreed. I think it's incredibly unlikely it would break the top 50, and it definitely wouldn't hit the top 20.

:roll: It's like Spike TV put out a greatest films list. Sponsored by amp'd energy drink, and hosted by Dane Cook.

And in between the list, they showed slapstick footage from some of the movies shot with monkeys in costumes instead of people.

I wonder what hot chicks will be there.

But this list is full of testosterone.

Definitely agreed. I think it's incredibly unlikely it would break the top 50, and it definitely wouldn't hit the top 20.

:roll: It's like Spike TV put out a greatest films list. Sponsored by amp'd energy drink, and hosted by Dane Cook.

And in between the list, they showed slapstick footage from some of the movies shot with monkeys in costumes instead of people.

:lol:

Satire is your forte.

Three things. From imdb's trivia and FAQ.

1) This movie made more money than Batman Begins' entire domestic run in only 6 days of release.
2) The 9-minute suite composed for the Joker is based around two notes - D and C.
3) When Batman is analyzing the fingerprints in his lab, he narrows it down to four names and eventually chooses Melvin White. Melvin White is not seen in the film, but his address was on the procession route for the funeral march. White is originally believed to be the Joker's civilian identity, until Bruce arrives at his apartment and finds the Joker's trap (he thought that the Joker must have pulled the trigger when he was analyzing the fingerprints on the bullets). So Melvin White must have been one of the Joker's henchmen?

2) The 9-minute suite composed for the Joker is based around two notes - D and C.

Most pieces like that are, aren't they?

Melvin White is actually a really good name for this version of the Joker. I was kind of disappointed when they debunked that. Also, though.... couldn't they have just immeadiately ran the prints and brought up the guy's mugshot and seen he wasn't the Joker? Plothole?

Last edited:
No score nominations for TDK. I don't see how the number of names makes a difference, doesn't that only mean a few more people standing their during the acceptance?

In other news TDK isa playing at my school this weekend. **** yeah!

:rockon:

How rubbish. This is like Johnny Greenwood not getting the oscar for his score to THERE WILL BE BLOOD. He used some riffs from previous music he himself wrote. That's like denying a best screenplay oscar on the basis that the writer has a character with the same name or say the same line. Bull****.

He used some riffs from previous music he himself wrote.

Same thing happened to Nino Rota, who scored the original Godfather. His score was removed at the last minute from the list of nominees when it was discovered that he had used the same theme in Eduardo de Filippo's 1958 comedy, Fortunella. Fortunella's theme had the same melody as Godfather's "love theme," though it was played in a brisk, staccato, comedic style. Thus, it was deemed ineligible for an Oscar in 1972.

Nevertheless, Part II won an Oscar for "Best Original Score" in 1974, even though it featured the same love theme that made the 1972 score ineligible.

Last edited:
Don't really care that much about The Dark Knight score, to be honest. The Joker's theme obviously ruled the school, but everything else was pretty standard. Batman's theme is amazing also, but it was under-used and that's from the first movie, anyway.

The Batman Begins theme easily deserved an Oscar as it was the most ambitious and radical superhero score since Superman.

I agree that the BB score deserved at least a nomination, but in lieu of it I'd have really liked this one to get nominated. I've actually gone and listened to the soundtrack a fair bit, and.... it still deserves a nomination. Ironically, I think my only gripe is that the Joker's theme, while good, should've been more interesting. It was a reversal of the main Batman theme, but the Batman theme is always so exciting while the Joker one just took forever.

On November 7th, 2008, Batman Mayor Hüseyin Kalkan began looking into legal possibilities toward suing Christopher Nolan, director of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, and Warner Bros., distributor of the films, for naming infringement and "placing the blame for a number of unsolved murders and a high female suicide rate on the psychological impact that the film's success has had on the city's inhabitants."
....Idiots!

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman,_Turkey
http://www.variety.com/VR1117995653.html

The best part is that Batman, Turkey wasn't properly established until 1955, a full sixteen years after the first appearance of the real Batman....

So they REALLY have nothing here.

celebrity-pictures-gary-oldman-siri.jpg

Latest posts

Back