The Dark Knight {Spoilers Abound}

ATTENTION, ONE AND ALL!

Aaron Eckhart: "Is this being videotaped?"

James Joyce Award Giver: "No, except on that guy's phone. Turn that off!"

Aaron Eckhart: "I just want to say one thing before the questions start, is that okay?"

JJAG: "Sure."

Aaron Eckhart: "Harvey Dent is DEAD!"

[Uproar of applause and laughter]

Why do I post this?

Because I went to a Q&A/James Joyce award ceremony with Aaron Eckhart yesterday. And I ****ing met him, shook his hand and got his ******* autograph. And I asked him a big ****ing question about Two-Face and the makeup process, how familiar he was with the character, etc and he gave me a ****ing awesome answer back. Do you know what he asked me, then?

"Why do you like Batman?"

After I gave my long answer about the duality of Batman's world with Batman dressing as a demon while performing acts of good, while the Joker dresses as a clown and performs acts of evil, blah, blah, blah...

"Where were you when I needed to win an Academy Award for this?"

My year has been made.

I only got a few photos on my phone, but I'll try and post them. I'll scan the autograph, as well. Also, please, no "Best Day Ever," jokes. We didn't watch Woody Allen movies or jump in front of trucks or engage in any other retarded, badly spelled misadventures. This is no fantasy. I have met the man known as Harvey Dent.

:rockon:

Last edited:
Why do I post this?

Because I went to a Q&A/James Joyce award ceremony with Aaron Eckhart yesterday. And I ****ing met him, shook his hand and got his ******* autograph. And I asked him a big ****ing question about Two-Face and the makeup process, how familiar he was with the character, etc and he gave me a ****ing awesome answer back. Do you know what he asked me, then?

"Why do you like Batman?"

After I gave my long answer about the duality of Batman's world with Batman dressing as a demon while performing acts of good, while the Joker dresses as a clown and performs acts of evil, blah, blah, blah...

"Where were you when I needed to win an Academy Award for this?"

My year has been made.

I only got a few photos on my phone, but I'll try and post them. I'll scan the autograph, as well. Also, please, no "Best Day Ever," jokes. We didn't watch Woody Allen movies or jump in front of trucks or engage in any other retarded, badly spelled misadventures. This is no fantasy. I have met the man known as Harvey Dent.

:rockon:

Holy ****.:shock:

That was a great answer though. I've never actually looked at Batman like that....

Badass! What was his awesome answer to your question?

He went into detail about the makeup process and how no one really knew what it was going to look like until the movie was released. He also spoke of how he wanted to exaggerate a bit and emphasize Harvey's exposed mouth by slurping, etc, but Chris Nolan suggested to just play it straight.

As for my question about his familiarity with the character, he said that he had been a Batman fan growing up, watching the show etc:

Gothamite: Not the same thing.

(Laughs from crowd)

Aaron Eckhart: It's not the same thing, I'll give you that. But at least it's called Batman!

(More laughter)

He also said that he had been given some comics (presumably Year One, Long Halloween and Dark Victory) and that they had been very helpful.

Some other interesting points he made throughout the evening:

- He was originally offered Jude Law's part in Cold Mountain (he wasn't allowed to tell us this though and he had to mime the title of the film; which was funny).

- He spoke in depth about how he greatly respected Heath Ledger and how they both loved the Hospital scene they had together and how they patted each other on the back at the end of the day.

- [A fairly noteworthy one]: Apparently Heath Ledger wasn't actually someone Chris Nolan thought about as the Joker, but rather Ledger himself called Nolan up and said that he had heard that the director was looking for someone to play the Joker. I thought that this was really interesting, because I'd always heard the opposite on websites, etc.

Weird. I saw an interview with Ledger on youtube where he explains Nolan asked him to be the Joker.

Not saying Eckhart (or Ledger) is lying. It's probably one of those things that just gets misremembered by someone at some point down the line.

- [A fairly noteworthy one]: Apparently Heath Ledger wasn't actually someone Chris Nolan thought about as the Joker, but rather Ledger himself called Nolan up and said that he had heard that the director was looking for someone to play the Joker. I thought that this was really interesting, because I'd always heard the opposite on websites, etc.
Looks like Wikipedia needs a Truth Update!

Just found this at Filmonic's website (via stumbleupon):

joker-oscars.jpg

A few days ago I saw this compilation of scenes from TDK that is meant to show people why the film is oscar worthy, and I thought of this:

Nolan: This will never work, maybe I should re-edit it for a broader audience.

Dark Voice: What are you doing!

Nolan: Raimi!?

Raimi: You film is the first legitimate ray of hope our genre has ever scene. If anyone saw this

Nolan: But they're never going to nominate a Batman movie

Raimi: You're what I can't be, hope. I am can only be dictated by fanboys, but you. You can transcend this genre and raise the bar for all films. Not just the fans, but all students of cinema. You are that hope.

Nolan: I understand.

Unfortunately I forgot most of my parody.
By giving an extremely fun-to-watch but gimmick-driven performance surrounded by lots of hype and then multiplying it all by accidentally dying?

Is.... is that how?

Well somebody has sand in their vagina

Latest posts

Back