The DVD purchase thread

I bought happy feet and Zoom on ebay.

Zoom has not come yet but I wanted to see this since it was cinema so i'm importing it from usa as it's not out in uk till april

Happy feet came though I enjoyed that film it was pretty cool. my favourite part of the dvd though was showing the original crocodile hunter scene where he played a bird. pretty cool but I don't understand why it was a children's film yet original scene had him say "he's calling you a wanker"

I couldn't find STargate SG-1 season 9 anywhere today, so I settled on JLU season 2 and the Fantastic Four cartoon. I know I'll love JLU, but I'm iffy on the FF show. I saw about five terrible minutes fo the first episode. Still, it'll go with my Ultimate Avengers/Iron Man collection and it was under ten bucks.

Bought Michel Gondry's The Science of Sleep, Phase One: Celebrity Takedown (the Gorillaz' first DVD), and Yamakasi.

I'm definitely going to make time soon to see the last one, a film where seven people use le parkour to steal from the rich and give to the poor.

Weird....I don't see any new movies coming to DVD this week.

But I did find that a new unrated version of Mel Gibon's "Payback" is coming out tomorrow. Consider it bought.

Weird....I don't see any new movies coming to DVD this week.

But I did find that a new unrated version of Mel Gibon's "Payback" is coming out tomorrow. Consider it bought.

AWESOME.

I will kill to get that if necessary.

Do copied versions of original dvds count?

If so today I got -

• Just my luck
  • click
  • Hellboy
  • The Covenant

watched - Just my luck and click. Click was cool and so was Just my luck (but I like Lindsay Lohan films :oops: )

not seen other 2 yet. Hellboy I really wanted to see but forgot about (thank's to the person on here who reminded me) , The Covenant was advertised on tv a lot when I was in usa and I thought "looks cool"

You don't read reviews? Or even check IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes?

no.

I use imdb before it comes out but I avoid as much as possible for reasons like Spider-man 3 board = 10000s posts like "OMG!!!!!!1 POTC3 IS GOING TO PWN THIS LOLZ"

drives me mental.

I also don't like reading reviews much before i see a film because if a trailer impresses me or i like sound of story i like to go in with a fresh slate insted of hearing all the faults beforehand so I can judge for myself. If that makes sense Dr

Yeah....you really need to start learning how reviews are your best friend.

Yeah you right.

There are some films I wont care about reviews for sure i just want to see like Spider-man 3 , Transformers , John Rambo

but yes I will listen to reviews. Only problem is some films get really good reviews yet people say they suck e.g wild wild west gets some good reviews on some sites i went on. Yet people on here say will smith movies always suck.

I'm not a special effects hog but there are sometimes were i think wow. On the trailer for the Conveant seeing the car hit the 18 wheeler then come out the other side i'll admit I was like "**** yeah" .

I have it on dvd now so i'll still watch it but yes the mole will start looking at reviews more

On the other hand, if everyone thinks something's terrible Mole will probably end up liking it.

I mean, honestly, who would even watch Just My Luck unless we actually had Lindsay Lohan between out legs at the time? But he loved it!

In fact, he came to the United States of freakin' AMERICA and the thing he liked best about it was commercials for The Covenant!

That's our Mole!

On the other hand, if everyone thinks something's terrible Mole will probably end up liking it.

I mean, honestly, who would even watch Just My Luck unless we actually had Lindsay Lohan between out legs at the time? But he loved it!

In fact, he came to the United States of freakin' AMERICA and the thing he liked best about it was commercials for The Covenant!

That's our Mole!

No i'll admit Lindsay Lohan movies are a guilty pleasure :lol:

but the trailer for the Covenant was not the best thing. it was just on during almost every break during wwe raw and wwe smackdown that week

Last DVD I bought was Pinky and the Brain Vol. 2. I am awesome.

No this is awesome

my brain statue he's about 2 feet tall.

(oh and yes the picture you see is a signed marvel zombies picture I got at dragoncon last year)

Picked up Wong Kar Wai's 2046 and Allen Coulter's Hollywoodland. Also picked up the Trecolour series by Krystof Kieslowski (sp?), the director of Decalogue which inspired Bendis' "Decalogue" arc in Daredevil.

My roommate just got Borat, and Arrested Development season 3, WEEEEEEEE!

I also think that I might be snagging a copy of Detroit Rock City soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back