The DVD purchase thread

HO. LEE. SNAP!

Just when I thought it was done. My Timmverse love can continue! I just saw on the UC Store that 2 more shows now have a DVD release date.

Justice League Unlimited Season 2 --- March 20
Batman Beyond Season 3 --- 20 March

I am giddy all over. Yes. Even in my pants. :lol:

Finally my Superman Ultimate collector's edition has come the tin looks cool as hell and there so much in this i have not seen before like Superman returns (was never interested in it and will most likely only watch once like 3+4) ,Superman and the mole-men , 1940's cartoon , donner cut of superman 2

just to a few things i've not seen. I only bought it for the documentaries and Superman 1+2. I don't like 3+4 at all but eh I got them will watch again ONCE only.

Seems to me that this dvd set is a must have. I ordered a while a go online but they ran of stock then when i got it the tin was empty :x i complained and i got my replacement today so watched superman the movie extended edition

Yesterday I bought:

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
The Matrix Trilogy (including Animatrix)
Independence Day
The Patriot
Equilibrium

I had a couple gift cards....

Last edited:
I bought Smallville season 4 yesterday. I stopped watching the show in the first season because, well, it sucked. But my roomate was into it, so I watched season 3 with him and was fairly impressed, so I bought season 4 and we'll watch that together too I guess. I also bought the Iron Man cartoon.

A little over a week ago I really geeked out and bought Spider-Man 1 and 2, Fantastic Four, Conan the Adventurer and Conan the Destroyer all at once.

Of course, before that I bought Batman: The Animated Series volume 1, and Justice League Unlimited volume 1, while my roomate bought Smallville season 3 and Voltron: Blue Lion collection.

So that's what I've gotten this year so far. I'll get back to "real" movies someday. . .

I bought The IT Crowd a couple of days ago.

I picked up and finished Season 2 of Buffy The Vampire Slayer over the weekend. After watching and not seeing all these episodes since I first seen them 10 years ago, I realized how much I love this shows. Season Two is where it really gets good. The finale is very very tragic and heartbreaking. It made me want to cry. (I know I'm such a woman).

No shows have ever got that this kind of emotion from me. While Lost, Prison Break, and FMA are all very excellent & fantastic show that really get you involved. The major difference with Lost and PB is that which episode is just a part of a season long episode. So every episode is great and add something to the show. Which is better in some cases.

While some episodes are worst than others. It's the big moments and overlapping story that make this show. The very subtle humor in is always funny. I need to complete my set soon.

Last edited:
I picked up and finished Season 2 of Buffy The Vampire Slayer over the weekend. After watching and not seeing all these episodes since I first seen them 10 years ago, I realized how much I love this shows. Season Two is where it really gets good. The finale is very very tragic and heartbreaking. It made me want to cry. (I know I'm such a woman).

No shows have ever got that this kind of emotion from me. While Lost, Prison Break, and FMA are all very excellent & fantastic show that really get you involved. The major difference with Lost and PB is that which episode is just a part of a season long episode. So every episode is great and add something to the show. Which is better in some cases.

While some episodes are worst than others. It's the big moments and overlapping story that make this show. The very subtle humor in is always funny. I need to complete my set soon.

season eight will be done in the comics, written by Joss W. and published by Dark Horse, for those that don't know.

season eight will be done in the comics, written by Joss W. and published by Dark Horse, for those that don't know.

Yeah....from the previews it looks pretty good.

I've never watched his Angel series all the way thru. So I'm currently on Seaon 3 now.

Yeah....from the previews it looks pretty good.

I've never watched his Angel series all the way thru. So I'm currently on Seaon 3 now.

i couldn't stand buffy it always just pissed me off. when they gave Angle his own show i really liked it. that and it had black guy that could kick your ***.

and i think IDW is publishing both Angle and Spike.

very cool dude and i'm with you I found buffy emotional and I did cry at a few parts and I dont cry often.

Season 2 is my favourite season of buffy. What's not to love? Spike , Drue , Angelus that season kicked ***

I loved Angel. Season 1 - cool , season 2- best , season 3 - pretty good , season 4 - great , season 5 - weakest season but did have a lot of cool stand alone episodes like smile time and destiny (my favourite episode of buffy or angel)

Last edited:
today i went and picked up:

Hellboy: Sword of Storms must collect.....

The Departed always good for the collection

Enter the Dragon w/ Bruce Lee.
its Bruce lee, need i say more?

I missed a lot of Angel. But I seen the majority of the last couple seasons and the finale.

I also have missed a lot of episodes of buffy. I pretty much seen none of seasons 4 & 5.

Today we bought Flushed Away for the family. I haven't seen it before and my friend liked it so I'm looking forward to spending another day inside on account of my arm, only this time, with some new entertainment. Well, that's not true; I watched a Scrubs I'd never seen before on my S4 DVD today.

Wow. It took me almost 5 minutes just to write that.

I missed a lot of Angel. But I seen the majority of the last couple seasons and the finale.

I also have missed a lot of episodes of buffy. I pretty much seen none of seasons 4 & 5.

Damn dude you have to see them.

Season 5 has THE best episode of either buffy or angel "destiny"

if that wont convince you will this?

from smile time episode

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HuiHU7XZgmQ

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
bought the prestige last night and watched it three times in a row. It is quite honestly one of my favorate movies ever.

My dad bought Flags Of Our Fathers, Flyboys, and The Departed, all of them sight-unseen because we assumed we'd love them and want to own them anyway.

Flags and Flyboys we're good calls, but unfortunately no one in our family liked The Departed enough to want to own it. I'm now asking around my friends to see if anyone wants to buy it.

Latest posts

Back