The DVD purchase thread

Bought The Office(U.S.) Seasons 1 & 2 from Amazon having only seen about 8 episodes in total over the last year.

Love this show so much.

The U.S. Office is now one of the most watchable shows ever. For me, it's a notch behind Friends.

Jim & Pam are easily the best sitcom romance since Ross and Rachel. Kevin and Stanley are two of the funniest characters in any show I've ever seen.

In other news, I randomly wandered into a DVD store located near my LCBS, for no reason other than to kill time. What did I come across? Rocketeer for a fairly decent price. I had to buy it, because I've really wanted to see it for a while, now. I watched it this morning and it was a lot of fun. The flying scenes were obviously, fantastic and all of the lead actors were superb.

Also, I have trouble thinking of a hotter person than Jeniffer Connelly at that stage of her career. Throughout Rocketeer, she is a stone-cold, stunner. 11/10.

Last edited:
I just bought Trainspotting and John Woo's Hard Boiled. I'm about to have one hell of a night.

Last edited:
The U.S. Office is now one of the most watchable shows ever. For me, it's a notch behind Friends.

Jim & Pam are easily the best sitcom romance since Ross and Rachel. Kevin and Stanley are two of the funniest characters in any show I've ever seen.

Both shows would be in my Top-5(record timing for The Office), but Jim and Pam exceed Ross and Rachel by a bit, IMO.

Creed is also awesome in that he's just playing a version of himself who got a job in a paper company rather than on a TV show.

In other news, I randomly wandered into a DVD store located near my LCBS, for no reason other than to kill time. What did I come across? Rocketeer for a fairly decent price. I had to buy it, because I've really wanted to see it for a while, now. I watched it this morning and it was a lot of fun. The flying scenes were obviously, fantastic and all of the lead actors were superb.

Also, I have trouble thinking of a hotter person than Jeniffer Connelly at that stage of her career. Throughout Rocketeer, she is a stone-cold, stunner. 11/10.

Awesome.

By the way, in perfect reflection of this post, take a close look at the woman singing at the South Seas Club and tell me if she looks familiar.

I just picked up Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind -- a film I've wanted to own for a few years, now -- on deep discount, and the Family Guy: Blue Harvest that's not the special edition with all that excess crapola.

It's ****in' cold out there. I can barely type.

I just bought The Adventures of Indiana Jones: The Complete DVD Movie Collection, as well as Aqua Teen Hunger Force Volume 5 Season 5.

I just got the three disc Hot Fuzz yesterday. I can't wait to watch it with the Terrintino commentary track.

I just got the three disc Hot Fuzz yesterday. I can't wait to watch it with the Terrintino commentary track.

Three discs? Tarantino commentary? HOLY **** I MUST HAVE THIS.

Rendition, The Departed, and The Good Shepard.

I'm excited.

Last edited:
Three discs? Tarantino commentary? HOLY **** I MUST HAVE THIS.

I'd rather it be an actual Tarantino film. I don't really give a **** what he has to say about someone else's movie (though Edgar Wright is an exceptional talent and Hot Fuzz was an exceptional film).

Latest posts

Back