The DVD purchase thread

I just bought Hannibal on DVD - two-discs, with the metal case. It's pretty good so far, but all it does is make me want to go out and by Silence of the Lambs (which I've already seen).

Should I buy Manhunter or Red Dragon? I've heard that Manhunter is the better film, but I'd probably rather get Red Dragon because Anthony Hopkins is in it. I think they made Manhunter without knowing that there'd be a Silence of the Lambs movie later on, which is why Hannibal's last name is spelled Lecktor.

I know there's a 3-movie pack somewhere, but it's just got Manhunter, SotL, and Hannibal.

I would say Red Dragon.

Avoid Hannibal Rising at all costs though.

I would say Red Dragon.

I saw Hannibal Rising in theaters. It was....meh.

I just finished Hannibal. I think the nastiest part was when Anthony Hopkins fed Ray Liotta a cooked piece of his own brain.

I saw Hannibal Rising in theaters. It was....meh.

I just finished Hannibal. I think the nastiest part was when Anthony Hopkins fed Ray Liotta a cooked piece of his own brain.

"gee doc, whatever you're cooking smells good"

The girl I was dating at the time fainted at that scene.

Last edited:

I liked Hannibal Rising. The only Hannibal film I didn't like was Hannibal. The rest are cool with Silence of the lambs been the best of them.

I liked Hannibal Rising. The only Hannibal film I didn't like was Hannibal. The rest are cool with Silence of the lambs been the best of them.

I've seen Hannibal Rising, Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal. I think Hannibal Rising was probably the worst....Silence of the Lambs was the best. I get chills every time I hear Tom Petty's "American Girl" (that movie ruined the song for me, forever).

The thing is, Hannibal didn't really need an origin story.

Last edited:
I preordered Freakazoid Season 1.

I also picked up Mission Hill Complete Series, and Muppet Show Season 3

Picked up Spaced and Freaks and Geeks.

I got Freaks and Geeks at the beginning of the Summer, but I've still only watched five episodes. I'm trying to make the series last as long as possible, since it was only 18 episodes overall. (I'd never watched the show when it was on.)

Aw, but DSF, you should've waited for the Yearbook Edition I hear's coming out later this year. There's supposed to be even more features, if that's possible. :shock:

Uh, I'm probably going to get the new Harold and Kumar today. I heard it was originally planned as a straight-to-DVD release before they decided to release it theatrically....which kinda makes me nervous about the quality of the film.

Uh, I'm probably going to get the new Harold and Kumar today. I heard it was originally planned as a straight-to-DVD release before they decided to release it theatrically....which kinda makes me nervous about the quality of the film.

I've heard mostly positive things from even some of the snootier critics.

DSF, I was assuming the Yearbook would be the same price as the first edition, especially since it'll probably be on sale when it comes out -- the lowest price I could find for the first edition is still upwards of 50 bucks, so I'm just assuming that the Yearbook would probably be somewhat lower priced in its first week out. But I don't know if you found an inexpensive copy somewhere; if you did, that's supremely awesome.

I just watched Escape From Guantanamo Bay. It was ****ing awesome. I'd say it's about as funny and out-there as the first one. I was happy that they included that scene after the credits....

And I thought Brandon Routh was supposed to make a cameo?

Last edited:
My girlfriend used the "you would actually be the best person ever," card on me so that I would go and ask the guy at the video store if they had The Notebook (what a cliché :sick:). They didn't. He laughed. My pride was depleted.

Oh well. She's going to buy it, today and we have to watch it in my house. :(

Last edited:
My girlfriend used the "you would actually be the best person ever," card on me so that I would go and ask the guy at the video store if they had The Notebook (what a cliché :sick:). They didn't. He laughed. My pride was depleted.

Oh well. She's going to buy it, today and we have to watch it in my house. :(

You better get something out of that.

:heybaby:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back