The Future of Star Wars

a fan

I heard the new clone wars animated series was going to premire this fall but I also read that the series was delayed untill 2008. Also Lucas is thinking about doing a star wars episode zero http://www.cinemaeye.com/index/movienews/more/star_wars_episode_zero/ Lucas is considering doing a star wars animated movie as well and that if the 3-D clone wars and the live action tv series is doing well then Lucas said he might consider doing animated stuff about the times of the sith. has anyone heard anything else or has other info pretaining to anything mentioned above?

Re: future of star wars

some of that is rumours that were proven to be false a long time ago but they keep coming up.

All that's been announced by lucas is

3d versions of the 6 films

live action series - will not be about vader or anything he said its minor characters that have yet to be exploded to their full potential

cgi clone wars series - I say only reason for this is other one cartoon network got some money and Lucas hates others getting money from his creation.

I remember somewhere Kevin Smith mentioning about being asked to help with this project or something like that, for the live action show. Cant remember where, though...

They should make a Knights of the Old Republic film

Series yes , Film no.

Besides Ewok movies (god I hate those) The movies are the story of Anakin. The cartoons (except clone wars) ect.... are not they are just in the same universe.

Plus a series means we could fill more of what happened because most people wont see a star wars film unless it has episode in the the title. Series however would kick ***.

An animated Knights of the Old Republic series would rock. I wouldn't want to see a live action series because the budget on special effect would be outrageous, and it would never last. Special effects and Star Wars go hand in hand.

An animated Knights of the Old Republic series would rock. I wouldn't want to see a live action series because the budget on special effect would be outrageous, and it would never last. Special effects and Star Wars go hand in hand.
Good point. The cost on the spending to make it would be way less, so it would be better for animated.

I think a film would be good, too. Hush yo mouth, mole! :p

Sure if want to ruin a legacy with the whole ......

ah bugger it what's the point I'm a star wars geek and have had exact talk with others :lol:

That's it Ice the gloves are off! Next week In my ultimate central wrestling you'll have benders "Gender-Bender" gimmick complete with tutu :lol:

Honestly, I'd like to see more Pre-Episode 1 stuff. Sith Wars and even KotOR era work.

How would it be ruined with a film? It can even serve as an intro to the show.

Because the films are one big epic story of the descent and redemption of Anakin. To do films of others lessens that.

but

How about we we reach a compromise direct to dvd or a made for tv movie?

How does making a KOTOR film cheapen anything with Anakin? :?

-Because they would show other Jedi and other sith who wouldf look more impressive. They would have to been Jedi and Sith in their prime and at war with each other making him look weaker

-It's a bad idea for a movie. It would be like making superman movie just about Krypton and not showing Superman

-Lucas said himself he is 1000% done with the films so that means he would need to bring another director and would not be as involved (yes it worked for ESB) and would need someone else to write it and then it looses star wars feel

and too many more reasons to name

that's why I said they care cool stories and tv show or direct to dvd or made for tv movies it would work

Normal film it would end up pissing off so many fans and making star wars looses a good portion of the fan base. Like a lot of fans stopped been fans after Episode I.

but I'm done debate as we won't agree and it'll just be back and forth until it turns into an argument

I remember somewhere Kevin Smith mentioning about being asked to help with this project or something like that, for the live action show. Cant remember where, though...
Yeah I remembered that too, but I recall he isnt going to. And has there been any more word on that show I remember a whole bunch of stuff when episode three came out. It sounded like a good premise, make new characters focusing on the developement of the rebellion, could even have old bucket head show up on a few special occasions.

Not if they keep it simple. If they stuck with the techniques they used back in the 70s (minitures, muppets, and masks) They would keep the style originals and avoid horrific cgi like in the prequels. Remember Random's film making advise "Keep it simple". All too often people go overboard on cgi and they loose sight of what is important

-Because they would show other Jedi and other sith who wouldf look more impressive. They would have to been Jedi and Sith in their prime and at war with each other making him look weaker
Wow.

So what? Because someone else would look better than Anakin it's a bad idea? What kind of reason is that? :sure:

-It's a bad idea for a movie. It would be like making superman movie just about Krypton and not showing Superman
No, it's not a bad idea for a movie. It's a good idea and can be done. Good, too. I don't see how it's being compared to Krypton and Superman. The comparison makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

-Lucas said himself he is 1000% done with the films so that means he would need to bring another director and would not be as involved (yes it worked for ESB) and would need someone else to write it and then it looses star wars feel
People say a lot of things. Doesn't mean they always go by what they said. And if it worked for Empire Strikes Back, why wouldn't it work for this if say it was done and Lucas wasn't directing?

and too many more reasons to name
Such as?

that's why I said they care cool stories and tv show or direct to dvd or made for tv movies it would work
How is it any different as a show or direct to DVD? Only difference is that it's not in theatres, and a show would run longer. Do you think Lucas would direct it? If he doesn't, guess what? It's another person directing like if someone else directed it if it was a movie, if it actually happened! OH NOES!

Normal film it would end up pissing off so many fans and making star wars looses a good portion of the fan base. Like a lot of fans stopped been fans after Episode I.
First rule you always need to learn is that you will never, NEVER please everyone. Fan or not. And how would that make it any different if it was a show? You think everyone would automatically fall in love with it?

but I'm done debate as we won't agree and it'll just be back and forth until it turns into an argument
You're a very good debater. You should earn a prize.

Yeah I remembered that too, but I recall he isnt going to. And has there been any more word on that show I remember a whole bunch of stuff when episode three came out. It sounded like a good premise, make new characters focusing on the developement of the rebellion, could even have old bucket head show up on a few special occasions.
Yeah, I remember him joking about what if he did it or something like that.

Last edited:
They would keep the style originals and avoid horrific cgi like in the prequels. Remember Random's film making advise "Keep it simple". All too often people go overboard on cgi and they loose sight of what is important

At last someone here says what I keep saying about cgi.

I liked the preqels because they are star wars. Episode III IMO is the best of the 6 thou.

but yes I'm sick of people doing just because cgi can do it. It leads to horrible movies that look good but are all flash no substance. One of the many things I hate about films today is they make a film just show what they can do CGI wise.

Now cgi is important to films like shrek or turtles as they are made of it but other films go sooooo over the top with it and have so little story they are basically big budget cartoons with live action added (kinda like the opposite of rodger rabbit)

People say a lot of things. Doesn't mean they always go by what they said. And if it worked for Empire Strikes Back, why wouldn't it work for this if say it was done and Lucas wasn't directing?

Episode V was written by Lucas so it was still HIS story.

How is it any different as a show or direct to DVD? Only difference is that it's not in theatres, and a show would run longer. Do you think Lucas would direct it? If he doesn't, guess what? It's another person directing like if someone else directed it if it was a movie, if it actually happened! OH NOES!

Difference is Shows and tv shows fall in to same category as Comics. That's EU stuff and so has more lean way as if anything is done wrong to the movies they just except its non-cannon and a cool story

First rule you always need to learn is that you will never, NEVER please everyone. Fan or not. And how would that make it any different if it was a show? You think everyone would automatically fall in love with it?

Again real fans are more open to allow EU with mistakes or different feel as it is not quiet the same thing as film. You are right you wont please everyone. but doing the way I said = 10% of real fans pissed off at most. Way you said 20-30% of real fans pissed off.

That will lose Lucas thousands of money and I don't think he wants that.

You're a very good debater. You should earn a prize.
You too. I love how you just respond with a question. Or your way of answering.

Also reason I said I really don't want to have this discussion is every star wars site , fan club , chat room ect. that i am a member off always some star wars noob says "lets do a film based on *insert game or comic* and when you tell them all the thousands of reasons why it won't work they don't listen

like i'm sure you hate comic noobs saying "So is superman faster than the flash?" or some other thing you've heard and debated so much you almost know what the other will reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Episode V was written by Lucas so it was still HIS story.
And? I still don't see how it makes it any less better.

Difference is Shows and tv shows fall in to same category as Comics. That's EU stuff and so has more lean way as if anything is done wrong to the movies they just except its non-cannon and a cool story
You keep making it as anything bad only applies to movies and not shows.

Again real fans are more open to allow EU with mistakes or different feel as it is not quiet the same thing as film. You are right you wont please everyone. but doing the way I said = 10% of real fans pissed off at most. Way you said 20-30% of real fans pissed off.
You couldn't be more wrong if you even tried.

You too. I love how you just respond with a question. Or your way of answering.
Yeah, you mean like actually not give up because someone else thinks different than I? Definetly me.

Also reason I said I really don't want to have this discussion is every star wars site , fan club , chat room ect. that i am a member off always some star wars noob says "lets do a film based on *insert game or comic* and when you tell them all the thousands of reasons why it won't work they don't listen
They don't listen? You mean the same way you're acting, too? Nice.

like i'm sure you hate comic noobs saying "So is superman faster than the flash?" or some other thing you've heard and debated so much you almost know what the other will reply.
I don't even give a damn about Superman.

but yes I'm sick of people doing just because cgi can do it. It leads to horrible movies that look good but are all flash no substance. One of the many things I hate about films today is they make a film just show what they can do CGI wise.

Now cgi is important to films like shrek or turtles as they are made of it but other films go sooooo over the top with it and have so little story they are basically big budget cartoons with live action added (kinda like the opposite of rodger rabbit)

Not if they keep it simple. If they stuck with the techniques they used back in the 70s (minitures, muppets, and masks) They would keep the style originals and avoid horrific cgi like in the prequels. Remember Random's film making advise "Keep it simple". All too often people go overboard on cgi and they loose sight of what is important
It's not just things like a puppet versus CGI.

Doing a live action show in the Star Wars universe would be equivalent to a show like BSG, but with more effect for things like lightsabers and lasers, which is an expensive show to make. Plus, the licensing fees to Lucas would be huge.

If they were serious about it, I would suggest going the route of BSG and making a mini series first and see if it's feasible. It would help that there wouldn't be the need to have such an epic feeel to it.

Latest posts

Back