The Future of Star Wars

Re: future of star wars

I think this is one of the most annoying, boring threads I've ever walked into.

Boba Fett FTW!

By that logic, the LOTR trilogy is completely invalid because it was HARDLY about Bilbo, the chief protagonist of The Hobbit. Oh wait, no, it's about the Bagginses. :roll:

That's the way Tolkein wrote it. He specifically wrote it to be viewed from the point-of-view of Hobbits. He goes on and on about how they're extraordinary creatures. It's also about the One Ring. Tolkein told his story, it was done. It's why he scrapped plans for a sequel.

In any case, what's the next choice? A whole new trilogy about the Skywalkers? Like what Anakin's father? The Solo twins? So we'll just have a long-running multi-generational saga about ONE family?

Mind you, there's nothing wrong with that, but to say that the Expanded Universe has no right to encroach into the film territory is complete bollocks. It's just fundamentally stupid narrow-minded thinking that pretty much cripples the idea of doing anything remotely creative with the property.

I mean Jesus, it's called "NEW franchise". We're talking creativity AND dollars.

The best choice is to simply leave the movies be. They told a story, its finished. And, after seeing the prequels, I have questioned whether Lucas has any creativity left, so creating MORE movies would be a travesty.

Let the franchise continue on in other mediums.

I'm a fan.....and would love to see more stuff.....but I agree--this thread is boring.

I'm all for Skotti's idea of pre-Episode I stuff. And if they could all be done by the guy who did Clone Wars, the better.

The only good Star Wars is a DEAD Star Wars.

Okay fine, that's being unfair.

Replace the statement with George Lucas or Rick McCallum. That would be more just.

Last edited:

well the rumors are possibly true folks!!
the rumored "episode zero" or the rumored animatated star wars film (or if these two are one in the same) that I mentioned in the beginning of this thread may be announced TODAY!!!! along with possible footage of the new clone wars series on may 27th here's the link: http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Lucas_Hints_At_New_Star_Wars_Film_106193.asp
NEW STAR WARS FILM AND CLONE WARS :D :twisted: :crazy: :rockon:
update: almost forgot one of the articles from that link says that Lucas might do another star wars trilogy! which I think that this "new movie" what ever it turns out to be, be it episode zero or the animated movie or if they are one and the same are a part of this new trilogy. GEORGE LUCAS YOU ARE TRULY A GODSEND!

Last edited:

Remember those days back during the release of Episode 1, when George Lucas used to say things like, "I'd really like to go back to smaller films, and away from Star Wars"?

I didn't believe the little skank either.

Star Wars: Clone Wars CGI Series

Hopefully we can get some more Extended Universe stuff in connection to the Clone Wars

I'd love to see Thrawn as a young commander...

I also hope that eventually the plot of the show meets up with Return of the Jedi, so it can cover the Clone Troopers turning on the Jedi across the galaxy...

The video doesn't work for me. It just says please make a selection, but there's no place where you can.

Star Wars: Clone Wars CGI Series

Hopefully we can get some more Extended Universe stuff in connection to the Clone Wars

I'd love to see Thrawn as a young commander...

I also hope that eventually the plot of the show meets up with Return of the Jedi, so it can cover the Clone Troopers turning on the Jedi across the galaxy...

Don't you mean Revenge of the Sith?

Last edited:

People would have thrown a fit.

Personally, I thought the NJO was decent. But so many people hate those books, its not funny.

Madness. The movies would be worth it just for the Anakin and Chewbacca scene in Serpidal

Just saw the 3-D clone wars trailer on youtube and guess what?.... Asaj Ventress has finaly combined her two lightsabers into a DOUBLE BLADED LIGHTSABER and is knocking up mad heads!!!! :D Also it looks like
Anikin will have a pre episode three warmup lightsaber duel with Count Dooku.
i can't wait for that lightsaber fight!!!!! this is gonna be awsome!!!! two other points I want to clarify: 1. I remember reading in a force.net article (I can't find the article now unfortunately and this article is very recent) that one of the writers of the star wars comics from dark horse is advising them so that they can be true to the comics and the comics take place right after the battle of genosis but 2. about a year ago when asked when the series would take place Lucas said that the series would take place after anikin was knighted. I'm wondering if they will show The Battle of Praesitlyn because this battle was the battle that led the jedi counsel to knight anikin. In regard to what Lucas said I'm wondering if they will show this battle (even though it's not in the comics it's in a book called "Jedi Trial") because it's the battle that sealed the deal on anikin becoming a jedi knight.

Last edited:
Just saw the 3-D clone wars trailer on youtube and guess what?.... Asaj Ventress has finaly combined her two lightsabers into a DOUBLE BLADED LIGHTSABER and is knocking up mad heads!!!! :D Also it looks like
Anikin will have a pre episode three warmup lightsaber duel with Count Dooku.
i can't wait for that lightsaber fight!!!!! this is gonna be awsome!!!! two other points I want to clarify: 1. I remember reading in a force.net article (I can't find the article now unfortunately and this article is very recent) that one of the writers of the star wars comics from dark horse is advising them so that they can be true to the comics and the comics take place right after the battle of genosis but 2. about a year ago when asked when the series would take place Lucas said that the series would take place after anikin was knighted. I'm wondering if they will show The Battle of Praesitlyn because this battle was the battle that led the jedi counsel to knight anikin. In regard to what Lucas said I'm wondering if they will show this battle (even though it's not in the comics it's in a book called "Jedi Trial") because it's the battle that sealed the deal on anikin becoming a jedi knight.

Huh?!?!

Allright, I too saw the trailer on Youtube. It looks great. But then again, anything with John Williams' Episode III music in the background is automatically great.

Originally posted by E
Huh?!?!
I can clarify this matter further if you want me to. what do you not understand and I will be more then happy to explain it to you.

also don't forget star wars tech tonight on the history channel from 8-9 PM folowed by star wars: the legacy revealed from 9-11PM

Last edited:
I'm not impressed. Doing a Clone Wars side-project when another one was already done is pointless. To show me what? Random battles that took place during the Clone Wars? Yeah...already saw that before. And the other guy's version was brilliant. Period.

Not only do I hate the CGI series/movie movement that they're doing....it looks horrible. Basing 3D CGI on cartoon versions. Ugh.

If Lucas wanted to really impress me with a CGI project...he'd have done a conituation series picking up after Episode 6.

Pass....

Latest posts

Back