The Good Things in Life

I loved when Maxwell Smart said something about driving past all the people that were waiting in line for PS3's and shouting "Nintendo sucks!"

Because gamers hate it when they get that stuff wrong.

I loved when Maxwell Smart said something about driving past all the people that were waiting in line for PS3's and shouting "Nintendo sucks!"

:lol: I miss Maxwell Smart.

I registered both Clark Kent and Charles Xavier for library cards here this morning. :D

No, really. I had two applications, one for each of them, and my director told me to register them. (Xavier's address was Graymalkin Lane and everything.)

:lol: I need to explain this. My library is changing to a new circulation/check-out computer program, and we just had a workshop to train us to do different tasks like take fines off patron records, sign materials in and out, and register new patrons. Then my director handed me a packet of tasks to practice on and give back to him. The "patrons" I had to register were Xavier and Kent, because my director reads a lot of GNs and knows I'm a fan.

It's nice to work with a boss who has a good sense of humor. :)

I registered both Clark Kent and Charles Xavier for library cards here this morning. :D

No, really. I had two applications, one for each of them, and my director told me to register them. (Xavier's address was Graymalkin Lane and everything.)

:lol: I need to explain this. My library is changing to a new circulation/check-out computer program, and we just had a workshop to train us to do different tasks like take fines off patron records, sign materials in and out, and register new patrons. Then my director handed me a packet of tasks to practice on and give back to him. The "patrons" I had to register were Xavier and Kent, because my director reads a lot of GNs and knows I'm a fan.

It's nice to work with a boss who has a good sense of humor. :)
And here I was about to say, "W00-h00! More comic lovers having their kids named after characters!"

:p

Possibly the cutest thing i have ever seen.

I GIVE YOU....

WAIT FOR IT...

BABY KOALA!!!!

[youtube]igELG7qbSgE[/youtube]

That is ****ing adorable.

I got to see my parents' dog for the first time since Christmas, and she was still carrying around the toy I got her as a Christmas present. :D My mom says she carries it with her everywhere she goes.

:D That gives me a warm feeling.

At this point in my very *******ed little.

What made me smile today?

Watching the NFL's biggest tool, Bill Belichick, Darth Hoodie himself walk off the field in defeat before the game was officially over.

The whole world seems a little bit brighter and more magical right now, don't you think?

Chorus practice on Sunday nights. There's a group of amateur singers in our are that performs two concerts a year. The winter performance is always Handel's Messiah. The spring concert features whatever music the conductor wants to do. This year it's R. Vaughn Williams' Sea Symphony, based on a poem by Walt Whitman.

Members don't have to audition, and anyone willing to make the time commitment is welcome, so I joined up this past January. It's a blast. I haven't had to read music since Junior High School. :shock: So the music is something of a challenge (the primary score runs 124 pages and features a full chorus, two solos, and an orchestra), but rehearsals are fun and people really are there to sing, despite the fact that we're all volunteers.

Finally having a night with no stress, and I can watch some of my favorite movies with no interruption.

Afro Samurai
TMNT
Appleseed
Mirrormask
(just put in Read or Die)

Whether I feel **** or not, I try to make someone laugh every day. It makes me feel good if they laugh (not if they're laughing at me though).

I live right on a strip of bars, and one of them is this dope blues/jazz joint, and I was walking to the corner store earlier, and one of the old trumpet guys who plays there regular was right outside, showing this little white kid about ten years old how to play.

That made me smile.

Last edited:
Me and marvelman spent hours today trading music and ragging on IMs and how they weren't working how we wanted them too. I smiled.

Like this.

:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back