Here's one of them. I just really like the coloring and the flow of the page:

photo1-3.png

Thats really sweet.

Just read Incredible Hulk #4. The story is very meh but the art...Whilce Portacio is awful here.

It's the worst Jason Aaron comic I've read (and I like/love everything else he's written). The art is inconsistent and terrible.

ProjectX2 said:
It's the worst Jason Aaron comic I've read (and I like/love everything else he's written). The art is inconsistent and terrible.

I've got an addition to the bad art thread from issue 4.

Re: #5 - we find out Dr. Doom is the one that split Hulk & Banner and he did it using an adamantium chainsaw to cut open his skull.

That should be cooler than it was.

E said:
Re: #5 - we find out Dr. Doom is the one that split Hulk & Banner and he did it using an adamantium chainsaw to cut open his skull.

That should be cooler than it was.

..why? The guy knows magic and the dark arts. Why bother with an adamantium chainsaw? And what was the purpose of it all?

And speaking of the metal, "rare" it no longer is. Then again, it hasn't been in ages.

..why? The guy knows magic and the dark arts. Why bother with an adamantium chainsaw? And what was the purpose of it all?

Are there spells for cutting super-hard bone?

It was very Punisher MAX-esque.

Jason Aaron's Incredible Hulk has a lot of cool little moments (involving Doom, the adamantium chainsaw Banner's gamma experiments) but as a whole it just isn't working.

It's easily the worst thing Jason Aaron has ever written. I thought a Hulk comic written by that guy would be a lot of fun but this is just boring.

It's easily the worst thing Jason Aaron has ever written. I thought a Hulk comic written by that guy would be a lot of fun but this is just boring.

AvX #2. I'm a big fan of Jason Aaron, but by any criteria, that book was just aggressively terrible.

It's just so forced, after all the work Pak did humanizing Banner and Hulk, Everything in this series has rung completely hollow.

also it reads as fast as a Loeb comic and the art is soooo 90's

Gemini said:
It's just so forced, after all the work Pak did humanizing Banner and Hulk, Everything in this series has rung completely hollow.

Pretty much. I also liked that Pak focused on the super genius part of Banner .

It's Whilce Portacio, so yeah, but it is even more so than some of the more recent work I've seen by Jim Lee and Marc Silvestri (I know Silvestri was around a lot earlier than the 90s but I always thought he was one of the quintessential 90s artists).

Incredible Hulk #7.1 - what did I just read?

Banner's dead and they buried him at sea, but Red She-Hulk comes along, Hulk gets all up in that, and makes Bruce magically come back.

This book is bananas.

Incredible Hulk #7.1 - what did I just read?

Banner's dead and they buried him at sea, but Red She-Hulk comes along, Hulk gets all up in that, and makes Bruce magically come back.

This book is bananas.

I just read the preview of #8 on CBR. Seems pretty bad. I like Steve Dillon but he doesn't feel like the right artist for Incredible Hulk. And the dialog, whoever is writing this is now doing the Superman/Batman thing that Loeb did. Hulk: "He is probably waking up and confused" "Banner: I'm awake and confused". Pretty awful imo.

Last edited:
I just read the preview of #8 on CBR. Seems pretty bad. I like Steve Dillon but he doesn't feel like the right artist for Incredible Hulk. And the dialog, whoever is writing this is now doing the Superman/Batman thing that Loeb did. Hulk: "He is probably waking up and confused" "Banner: I'm awake and confused". Pretty awful imo.

It's TERRIBLE.

This is a recurring theme here, but I just finished #8 and WHAT DID I JUST READ?

Half dog/half men? Horrible dog puns? Hulk falls into a trap left by Banner and wakes up in Atlantis?

What did I just read?! I can't even believe they would publish this.

Makes me glad I stopped reading after the Son of Hulk event. Was Pak let go from the creative side of the Hulks or did he just stop caring?

Latest posts

Back