The Immortal Iron Fist #1-16 discussion [Fraction/Brubaker/Aja] [spoilers]

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist series discussion (Spoilers!)

I can't put my finger on it but the tone of this comic is completely new to me. I really feel like Brubaker has pulled off something that's never been done with a character and I don't know why. Anyway, this comic's easily gotta be one of Marvel's top 3 superhero books right now. It's like Indiana Jones meets a cape. The best scene this issue was Heroes for Hire (Luke Cage/Misty/other) talking to Rand's lawyer and then being surrounded/ambushed by HYDRA agents. Or when the girl whispered into the villains ear. That sent chills. A lot of fun action.

perfect.

Last edited:

I won't be able to read the new issue for awhile. Can you give a summary, MWoF?

This issue did nothing for me, honestly. I'll drop it after next issue.

I can definately see why you guys like it though. I just don't.

This issue did nothing for me, honestly. I'll drop it after next issue.

I can definately see why you guys like it though. I just don't.

Says the guy who reads Blade religiously.

Oh God, the last issue was so good. Lotsa big exciting things coming up.

And next issue explains why Spider-Man was a vampire!

Didn't you say that he was controlling the hellicarrier or something? And people don't wear Victorian clothing anymore.

Didn't you say that he was controlling the hellicarrier or something? And people don't wear Victorian clothing anymore.

No, vampires were on the helicarrier disguised as SHIELD agents, Spider-Man was a vampire in a school.

Half of every issue is a flashback.

No, vampires were on the helicarrier disguised as SHIELD agents, Spider-Man was a vampire in a school.

Half of every issue is a flashback.

So he's being a teacher while being a vampire as well? I don't remember this ever happening. Are you sure this is in continuity? And it doesn't seem very responsible to teach people while you're a vampire.

Iron Fist is much better.

So he's being a teacher while being a vampire as well? I don't remember this ever happening. Are you sure this is in continuity? And it doesn't seem very responsible to teach people while you're a vampire.

Iron Fist is much better.

It has Gun Fu

Man, I was so confused as to why people were obsessed with this title, because I thought it was good but not great, but with this issue I'm starting to understand why.

So I read #6. Intresting issue. Although the way that Luke and the girls talked made me wanna throw the book in disgust. Other than that, it was good.

So I read #6. Intresting issue. Although the way that Luke and the girls talked made me wanna throw the book in disgust. Other than that, it was good.

Are you loco ese!?!?! Luke and DoD were awesome in that!

Granted, it's no Bendis Cage. But it's fun to see him being hip in this book as opposed to mega-serious in NA.

But the book is interesting nonetheless. Especially with Danny going off to do his Mortal Kombat thing.

And I'm digging Aja's art more and more. At first it wasn't that appealing to me, but now I like it.

Are you loco ese!?!?! Luke and DoD were awesome in that!

Granted, it's no Bendis Cage. But it's fun to see him being hip in this book as opposed to mega-serious in NA.
It's probably why I didn't like it. I much prefer Bendis' Cage then the one like this. I mean, if it was something like a "Wah Huh?!" issue, that'd be a different story. It just seemed as if was out of character (not saying it is, though).

It's probably why I didn't like it. I much prefer Bendis' Cage then the one like this. I mean, if it was something like a "Wah Huh?!" issue, that'd be a different story. It just seemed as if was out of character (not saying it is, though).

Well while your leading a team youd have to be more serios.

Im guessing this is before the lates NA arc

Latest posts

Back