The Immortal Iron Fist #1-16 discussion [Fraction/Brubaker/Aja] [spoilers]

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist series discussion (Spoilers!)

After reading the last couple discussion thread. Is there anything you are enjoying? Good hell.

I'm dropping a crapload of books. It doesn't mean I hate or don't enjoy everything I drop, but I'm trying to save some money and I'm just explaining why they didn't make the cut.

I mean, I could happily read Green Lantern the rest of my life, but my monthlies purge requires it to be spectacular not just fun.

This series has been harsh so far. Harsh is a good thing. I think characters like Iron Fist should be portrayed in this light as much as possible. The upcoming tournament isn't going to make me drop the title, either. While some folks may think "mortal kombat", i tend to think it's more like "Enter the Dragon".

And I'm saying, Iron Fist is pretty much the most bad-*** martial artist on the planet (in the Marvel U.). Why shouldn't he represent at a big kung fu *** kicking tournament?

This last issue with the first Iron Fist origin was awesome.

The story was standard Brubaker noir and Fraction humor. But the art is what got me. Travis Foreman and Khari Evans?!?! Togther?!?!?

Yeah....me lovey long time.

This last issue with the first Iron Fist origin was awesome.

The story was standard Brubaker noir and Fraction humor. But the art is what got me. Travis Foreman and Khari Evans?!?! Togther?!?!?

Yeah....me lovey long time.

I dont think she's the firts fist just the firts female Iron fist.

Immortal Iron Fist made Entertainment Weekly's Must List this week (the list of the ten things you must see/hear/read/do this week), one of the few comic books to do so.

Got my Immortal Iron Fist Vol. 1 PHC today...I was going to start on battle Hymn but this is so good I had to get into it first.

Got my Immortal Iron Fist Vol. 1 PHC today...I was going to start on battle Hymn but this is so good I had to get into it first.

Oh good, I need to hunt on down.

anybody pick up #8? i can't pick it up until next week and i'd like to see what the prognosis is on the issue

2 issues next week! (#9 and The Annual)

this should be fricking awesome!

All the fighters in the current arc are really cool.

I like that Bride of the Nine Spiders chick. Imagine having sex with her and all those spiders crawling all over you.

Plus I love the fact that Misty, Luke, and Collen are hanging around.

Just got my first trade in today. My opinion? ****ing awesome, it was everything I was hoping it would be. The art is perfect for this series, and at the back of the trade was notes and sketches by Aja including one of Danny in a "Game of Death" type tracksuit.

My only gripe was that Orson died, I wanted to see more of him, but it was necessary.
5/5.

Orson is getting his own special in February. :)

All the fighters in the current arc are really cool.

I like that Bride of the Nine Spiders chick. Imagine having sex with her and all those spiders crawling all over you.

corpse_eat.jpg

The next arc is even better.

No, it's not. You just like Goth chicks covered in spiders, you freak.

You know theBride of Nine Spiders? I think I've seen her before...

spideyspikes.jpg

spiderlady.jpg

Latest posts

Back