The Immortal Iron Fist #1-16 discussion [Fraction/Brubaker/Aja] [spoilers]

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist series discussion (Spoilers!)

So, I read the first trade and I must say

Awesome

I love the art for those issues. It was perfectly suited to the story

Davos was intense in his fight, but his new name in weak.

It was good to see Misty, Luke, and Colleen discussing why they are working together, even though they are on "opposite sides".

I really do love this book.

It took me a while to get into Aja's art...but now I'm totally digging it and can't really see anyone else doing it justice. And I'm so glad that there's an underlying side story to this arc other than just the tournament...because as awesome as the fights are---they just couldn't hold a story.

The fights invoke feelings from the old Shaw Bros. kung-fu films. With fictional martial art styles....to naming different moves and techniques....to eve the insane names.

Such a great book.

I'm wondering if the Prince of Orphans is someone we already know?

so how awesome was #12?

i mean aside from the terrible fill-in artist who did half the non-flashback pages, it was awesome

I mean Bringing in John Aman (A.K.A. Amazing Man, A.K.A. The Green Mist)? wow that's a really old school character to be bringing up ( Link ) I mean he's literally like the third super-hero

just wow

Further Aman notes:
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/a/amazman1.htm
http://www.toonopedia.com/amazngmn.htm

Last edited:

so how awesome was #12?

i mean aside from the terrible fill-in artist who did half the non-flashback pages, it was awesome

I mean Bringing in John Aman (A.K.A. Amazing Man, A.K.A. The Green Mist)? wow that's a really old school character to be bringing up ( Link ) I mean he's literally like the third super-hero

just wow

Further Aman notes:
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/a/amazman1.htm
http://www.toonopedia.com/amazngmn.htm

See....that, I did not know.

The issue itself was great (aside from the guest artist)...but to reintroduce a character like that in such an amazing way? Wow.

Now I'm really gonna have to step it up and read Fraction's "Casanova".

hell they can only use Aman because Malibu comics bought Centaur comics, and Marvel bought Malibu

hey that means Marvel can use all the original characters (Hydro, Sing, Sang, Abacus, other characters nobody knows about)from the Mortal Kombat comics Malibu made in the early 90's. they won't use them but i think it's neat

cover to IIF #16

IRONFIST_016_COVER.jpg

yay

I hope the next arc has some sort of car chase in 60/70 muscle cars

cuz i keep think about how awesome it would look if they homaged this

bullit_edited.jpg

sub in Danny for Steve, and put the Immortal Iron Fist Log instead of all the production stuff

Last edited:

Btw, What city of heaven does John Aman belong too? He doesn't seem to be representing anyone in the tournament and he's by himself.

Btw, What city of heaven does John Aman belong too? He doesn't seem to be representing anyone in the tournament and he's by himself.

they don`t say

beside Kun Zi we don`t know any of the other cities names, and beside Tiger`s Beautiful Daughter, Danny, and Davos they all appear to have come alone or something

they don`t say

beside Kun Zi we don`t know any of the other cities names, and beside Tiger`s Beautiful Daughter, Danny, and Davos they all appear to have come alone or something

The Sumo guy and the spider goth chick had a few peeps with them i think.....could be remembering it wrong but at the first dinner at before the tournament started.

Dog brother has his wolves i guess.

Last edited:

I just read the first six issues, THE LAST IRON FIST STORY... kinda wish it was.

Nice art, was expecting something wicked from how people talk about it - but I thought it was bobbins. Six issues of build-up to a fight that will happen 'in the next arc'. Whatever. Iron Fist, I found dull and uninteresting. The only thing I liked about it was the tone. The feel of the kung-fu blaxploitation stuff, the world war II, the immortal chinese warrior, and the pneumatic subway - all terrific. Great feel to the title. Art was good too. But the story, the characters - it was all pretty damned boring and pointless. It felt to me, that in #3 or thereabouts, someone said this title is now an ongoing, not a mini, and so they changed the ending to be more open to allow for an ongoing title. :?

Latest posts

Back