The Immortal Iron Fist #1-16 discussion [Fraction/Brubaker/Aja] [spoilers]

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist series discussion (Spoilers!)

Issue #2 starts off with another past Iron Fist, this time a women from around 1500AD I think. She attacks a ship filled with enemies.

We cut back to the Chinese building, with Rand unconscious and Hydra agents around him. They leave, because they know Iron Fist is not registered, and will be captured by the authorities.

He wakes up in the Night Nurse's house, with Luke Cage watching over him. Danny thinks Night Nurse is hot, and him and Luke eat a lot of Chinese food.

While this is all going on, the "other" Iron Fist arrives in America, and is captured by Chinese men. While in the car, they begin speaking Chinese, and "Randall" informs them that he speaks Chinese, and kicks their asses with the iron fist.

We cut to Danny, who starts moaning that his father is using the iron fist.

Oh, and somewhere in there, there's a flashback to WWI, with "Randall" fighting the Germans.

It's a good issue, but not as good as #1. The art in the WWI scene wasn't very good, either.

Issue #2 starts off with another past Iron Fist, this time a women from around 1500AD I think. She attacks a ship filled with enemies.

We cut back to the Chinese building, with Rand unconscious and Hydra agents around him. They leave, because they know Iron Fist is not registered, and will be captured by the authorities.

He wakes up in the Night Nurse's house, with Luke Cage watching over him. Danny thinks Night Nurse is hot, and him and Luke eat a lot of Chinese food.

While this is all going on, the "other" Iron Fist arrives in America, and is captured by Chinese men. While in the car, they begin speaking Chinese, and "Randall" informs them that he speaks Chinese, and kicks their asses with the iron fist.

We cut to Danny, who starts moaning that his father is using the iron fist.
He never said his dad was using the Iron Fist. He says someone is using the Iron Fist and for some reason he directs his inner monologue towards his Father.
Oh, and somewhere in there, there's a flashback to WWI, with "Randall" fighting the Germans.

It's a good issue, but not as good as #1. The art in the WWI scene wasn't very good, either.
I think the art in the WWI scene was supposed to look different. I liked it, but you're right. This one was good, but not as good as the first one.

Last edited:

Sorry, it was the first comic I read, and I couldn't remember it after reading the others.

great issue. there is so much going on in this issue. im just so ecstatic that this book actually came to be.

i also liked the animaniacs reference "hellllo nurse" with an ad for the animaniacs DVD set just two pages before the.

Danny Rand is officially my favorite comic book martial artist with a stupid premise that was eventually made cool ever.

This was a really good issue and it looks to be a really good series. However, while at Comic City today, the clerk laughed at me when he saw that I was buying it. What's so bad about liking a hero named Iron Fist? The innuendo isn't that bad...

I really, really liked this. I found it far superior to the first issue. I like Danny's new humor, I like the scenes of previous Iron Fists, I liked just about all about this. And in a Brubaker-packed week, I think this was my favorite.

This was a really good issue and it looks to be a really good series. However, while at Comic City today, the clerk laughed at me when he saw that I was buying it. What's so bad about liking a hero named Iron Fist? The innuendo isn't that bad...

Maybe because s/he read the crap mini that came out a couple years ago.

Actually I can only assume it's a crap mini, since I couldn't even get through the first issue.

That's it. Brubaker's officially the best superhero comic book writer out right now. Winter Soldier and this are both easy 10/10. Absolutely amazing. The references, the comedy, the action... perfect.

5/5

Brubaker is my God.

Yeah, he's really good and surprisingly continuity-sensitive. I wasn't sure he had even read a Marvel book before when he moved over from DC a couple years ago.

Wait...so this is after the CW...bvut danny is still not registered...wassup with that?

Wait...so this is after the CW...bvut danny is still not registered...wassup with that?

When Luke and Danny are talking (over Chinese food, mind you; very serious) one of them mentions something about how tough it is for unregistered heroes to get medical attention. Civil War isn't being completely ignored as I feared it would be.

When Luke and Danny are talking (over Chinese food, mind you; very serious) one of them mentions something about how tough it is for unregistered heroes to get medical attention. Civil War isn't being completely ignored as I feared it would be.

So regardless of who wins or losses...there will still be Unregistered hero's?

So regardless of who wins or losses...there will still be Unregistered hero's?

I'm pretty sure that once the big "Civil War" Event is over, the super-human registration act will still exist. What bothers me most is that the DareDevil who was apprehended at the end of Civil War #5 was actually Iron Fist in disguise...so why is he like, running around and fighting Hydra agents? You'd think that Tony Stark would have figured out his identity.

It's after Civil War?

uhh...yeah. Didn't I just get done saying that Luke and Danny were talking about the difficulties of being an unregistered hero during civil war???

Do you people just not listen to me or something?? If I didn't know better, I'd say that you just skipped over my posts.

uhh...yeah. Didn't I just get done saying that Luke and Danny were talking about the difficulties of being an unregistered hero during civil war???

Do you people just not listen to me or something?? If I didn't know better, I'd say that you just skipped over my posts.

During or after? Now you're contradicting yourself.

Latest posts

Back