The Incredible Hulk Discussion Thread--SPOILERS!!

How would you rate Letterier's "The Incredible Hulk"?

• Total voters
I read about the opening ending on a Newsarama article and they never mentioned about the Cap part.

Last edited:
I don't see how anyone could make that out. I'm looking right at it and still can't tell if its anything but rocks. Also isn't it suppose to be an alternate ending?

yeah, i couldn't see it at first either, but look again, you can see his shield and then with that as a point of reference you can see the outline of his body.

Now tell me the Letterier version has better music.. Seriously, at 0.33, that's definitive.

The 2008 version had a small snippet of The Lonely Man (or the 'sad walking away music' as it is commonly referred to) yes, but it was under-used and it couldn't possibly make up for the stock, 'action chase badass' music that they used incessantly for the rest of the movie, with no emotion in it, whatsoever.
I automatically like the music to the Leterrier movie more than the Lee one, simply because it's NOT Danny Elfman who is a ****ing irritating and over-rated film score composer, and I wish people would stop hiring for superhero films.

I automatically like the music to the Leterrier movie more than the Lee one, simply because it's NOT Danny Elfman who is a ****ing irritating and over-rated film score composer, and I wish people would stop hiring for superhero films.

Well then your wish is Hollywood's command, because he hasn't done a superhero movie since Spider-Man 2, which was four years ago. :?

Yes, Hellboy II's score bothered me.

I fail to understand why the replaced the vastly superior Marco Beltrami with that ****ing hack.

Super abilities? Check
Hero? Check

I guess so it seems to add up

A heroic character who has abilities is not the same as a superhero, and a book featuring said character is not always a superhero book.

Granted I've only read 1 Hellboy story (the first) and haven't seen the movie I'm not exactly an expert, but it is definitely not a superhero book.

My definition of superhero is this:

Is he heroic, and is he kinda super in being heroic?

If so, he is a superhero.

In that regard, Hellboy is not a series of superhero stories nor is it a superhero book but Hellboy is most definitely, a superhero.

In that regard, Hellboy is not a series of superhero stories nor is it a superhero book but Hellboy is most definitely, a superhero.

Basically what I was trying to saying, he falls under the blanket

Last edited:

Yes. The movies are much more superheroly than the comics are.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/found-captain-america-in-the-incredible-hulk.php

this, apparently is a screen shot from the alternate beginning in which you catch a glimpse of Cap frozen in the ice

captain-america-hulk-2.jpg

Here's a much clearer shot from Yahoo! talking about this as well:

pseudoblog_mycap400.jpg

I just saw that on yahoo, That's cool as hell

Latest posts

Back