The Incredible Hulk Discussion Thread--SPOILERS!!

How would you rate Letterier's "The Incredible Hulk"?

• Total voters
Yeah but I wanted to see where they took the leader thing from this film as I can't see him been the bad guy in avengers. Plus I want Grey hulk live action.

I hope they have Grey Hulk in the Avengers.

I hope they have Grey Hulk in the Avengers.

That would be cool.

But the leader thing if they don't have a hulk 2 or at least use Leader in Avengers which I can't see them doing. I'll feel cheated. I know it's silly but I would. Like if after Batman begins with the joker card they had not used joker at all I would feel cheated.

I think what he is trying to say is that too many sequels ruin a good movie property.

It's not even a movie property if it doesn't have sequels. It's just one movie. And even if it has a hundred bad sequels, the first, good one isn't ruined in any way.

And making a sequel doesn't automatically mean it's bad. So there's no harm in making it and hoping for the best. And even if it's bad it doesn't mean people won't like it.

Plus, I would argue that the majority of super-hero sequels are better than the originals.

It's not even a movie property if it doesn't have sequels. It's just one movie. And even if it has a hundred bad sequels, the first, good one isn't ruined in any way.

And making a sequel doesn't automatically mean it's bad. So there's no harm in making it and hoping for the best. And even if it's bad it doesn't mean people won't like it.

Plus, I would argue that the majority of super-hero sequels are better than the originals.

Joe Speaks the truth.

I'm just saying that usually sequels turn out bad (though recently its been better). A lot of sequels can be bad and sometimes retroactively make the previous movie stink by association. So why waste all that money on a sequel (I'm speaking generally, not directed at TIH) that will most likely turn out bad, than make a new potentially good movie.

Honestly, instead of the Leader cameo, I don't think a hulk sequel is warranted or that the character and potential storyline can sustain a second movie. I say continue the story in the Avengers movie

I'm just saying that usually sequels turn out bad (though recently its been better). A lot of sequels can be bad and sometimes retroactively make the previous movie stink by association. So why waste all that money on a sequel (I'm speaking generally, not directed at TIH) that will most likely turn out bad, than make a new potentially good movie.

Honestly, instead of the Leader cameo, I don't think a hulk sequel is warranted or that the character and potential storyline can sustain a second movie. I say continue the story in the Avengers movie

No sequel could retroactively make the previous movie bad. Things don't work that way. The original doesn't change.

And you make a sequel because people want to see it. Even if you, me, or all of us here hate it doesn't mean that the rest of the world won't enjoy it. Just because it's bad doesn't mean he can't be appreciated by someone.

No sequel could retroactively make the previous movie bad. Things don't work that way. The original doesn't change.
I can't watch the first two Spider-man movies with out getting the taste of vomit in my mouth

And you make a sequel because people want to see it. Even if you, me, or all of us here hate it doesn't mean that the rest of the world won't enjoy it. Just because it's bad doesn't mean he can't be appreciated by someone.

That's true, there are some people who will pay no matter how bad it may be

Last edited:

Exactly best example of this is Caddyshack. Caddyshack is great , Caddyshack II sucks so very very much. Does it make it make Caddyshack some suck because of it? No it doesn't

The Matrix is just as good as ever, no matter how bad Revolutions is.

You're the abnormality here, if you let future works effect previous works.

Why is that good? How will a sequel hurt you?

Because I don't understand why every character needs a series/franchise. Can they sustain it? I don't think the Hulk can, especially not with The Leader. I liked the idea of having The Avengers act as a sequel to all of them. But now it's lopsided. We'll have an Iron Man sequel, an Avengers movie, and then possibly a sequel to Captain America and Thor or whatever. It's just uneven and this is a small nitpick, but I like these things to be consistent.

For once, I would like them to make one good movie before they start thinking about sequels and trilogies. When I go to see a movie, I want to watch one story, not one half or one third of a story. It's just all about money.

You're the abnormality here, if you let future works effect previous works.

Oh well. Sometimes crappy sequels can hurt a franchise as a whole. Maybe it is just me but I can't appreciate the first Matrix now as much as I did before the awful sequels came out.

For once, I would like them to make one good movie before they start thinking about sequels and trilogies. When I go to see a movie, I want to watch one story, not one half or one third of a story. It's just all about money.

Not to play devils advocate buy Hollywood is an industry after all. If someone doesn't like what they are doing then the only way to get it changed is not to pay to go see whatever it is. Hollywood isn't going to change the way they do things if they keep making money off of it.

Last edited:
Every Marvel movie after Iron Man doesn't get a sequel (if and when they do) until after Avengers comes out (especially Cap since his movie doesn't come out until 6 weeks before Avengers does).

Any character can sustain a franchise, it all depends on how the story for that movie is done. Hulk's movie wasn't one-half or anything towards story. It is possible he can sustain his own franchise. But even then, I'm also having a hard time seeing how a movie between him and the Leader can actually hold for 2 hours or whatever. It's possible, but it seems like to make it an actual movies we'd probably have extended scenes going on and on and on...etc.

Now, I do agree with Project that Avengers should serve as a sequel of sorts to these movies. Even though Iron Man II is the only sequel we will get, I think it is possible that it can still work.

Latest posts

Back