The Incredible Hulk Discussion Thread--SPOILERS!!

How would you rate Letterier's "The Incredible Hulk"?

• Total voters
According to Kevin Feige, it is more likely that the next time we see Hulk in his own film will be after he pops up in Avengers. That pretty much sums up this story from MTV News.

But if Feige's assertions can be taken at face value, and the film is viewed internally as a huge success, why is it that the studio's plans moving forward don't seem to include "The Hulk"? While "Iron Man 2" and "Iron Man 3" have already been scheduled, and "The Avengers" is readying for a 2011 release, not so much as a whisper has been heard about a possible "Hulk 2." Star Edward Norton himself recently told MTV News that he had no idea about a follow-up, calling "the minds of Marvel ... sometimes opaque."

"The truth is that Hulk has had two films in the past five years, and it's time to give some of the other guys a turn," Feige said of why there was no scheduled "Hulk 2." "But certainly what we are doing is suggesting and cross-pollinating the characters between films, and like reading a comic, I'd like to set that expectation that anything can happen — and anyone can pop up — in anybody else's story.
More from the link above.

I'm waiting for the Edward Norton cut, or at least something with the cut 70 mins viewable on the DVD somehow.

I'd define super-hero as somebody who is an overall hero and does good things in super-human ways. This does not necessarily just mean "powers".

And Ourchair, I'd take your Elfman-bashing a little more seriously if you didn't say the same thing about Hans Zimmer a while ago. Ad hominym, I know, but... what the hell is it with you and awesome composers?

I'm waiting for the Edward Norton cut, or at least something with the cut 70 mins viewable on the DVD somehow.

I heard most of it wasn't really that spectacular and was cut only to fit under the two hour line. It just expands on things but not really affecting the overall story too much, save for the arctic and Sampson scenes

I heard most of it wasn't really that spectacular and was cut only to fit under the two hour line. It just expands on things but not really affecting the overall story too much, save for the arctic and Sampson scenes

The two halves of that sentence don't complement each other. If it was cut only to fit under the two hour line, wouldn't that improve its chances of being great?

Either way I want to see all the stuff. I love expansion.

After the Hulk and the army lay waste to that college campus (about halfway into the movie), there's a news broadcast on television that shows a student reporter who witnessed the incident, and who is identified as "Jack McGee." Jack McGee was the reporter from the 1970s television series who antagonnized Banner I guess.

Last edited:
The two halves of that sentence don't complement each other. If it was cut only to fit under the two hour line, wouldn't that improve its chances of being great?

Either way I want to see all the stuff. I love expansion.

Not really, just means nothing important happens, just a little more dialog, etc. Doesn't mean improvement, just mean longer

I watched 54 minutes of deleted scenes.

They should of left at least a couple of the Samson scenes in so we can at least get a hint of his character.

I think you're taking my Elfman bashing too seriously. I don't feel THAT strongly about it.

As for Hans Zimmer, I have enjoyed his scores actually -- Black Hawk Down is quite good, even though I care little for the movie, but he does get kind of repetitive. The score to the first Pirates movie resembles too many of the motifs from the opening scenes of Gladiator. Zimmer also writes better build up cues than he does action themes, as in Batman Begins.

I think part of the problem with appraising some of the biggest names in film scoring these days is that far too often, some scores are praised because the movie was already good. Because the product rates so highly, it's easier to praise the music. Which is not to say that said composer has not done a good score before, I'm just saying that the reception of the movie affects the perception of how good the score is purported to be.

I watched 54 minutes of deleted scenes.

They should of left at least a couple of the Samson scenes in so we can at least get a hint of his character.

Did we get the proper ending that Marvel promised us for months (the homage to the TV show, with Banner walking off into the distance and the sad music playing)?

Otherwise, I see no reason in buying this at all.

Did we get the proper ending that Marvel promised us for months (the homage to the TV show, with Banner walking off into the distance and the sad music playing)?

That would have been an awesome ending. Plus, it's on the poster (him walking away with his head down).

Otherwise, I see no reason in buying this at all.

That is a retarded ending.

This isn't the TV show.

You want the ending go watch the TV show and quit whining about it. They paid enough homage to it.

Because like he said, it's stupid to have it end like TV show when it's not the TV show.

There's no point-a-to-point-b in this argument.

Why is it stupid if it fits with the story of the movie(which it did, since at the end of the movie he had to walk away from the person he loved, and that music was a prominent part of the score)?

There's no point-a-to-point-b in this argument.

Why is it stupid if it fits with the story of the movie(which it did, since at the end of the movie he had to walk away from the person he loved, and that music was a prominent part of the score)?

Cause he ran away from her as the Hulk not as Banner. It would of been too forced. If he turned back into Banner after the fight, Ross wouldn't just let him go. If he did than it would ruin his character from the movie. Yadda Yadda Yadda, the ending they have worked just fine.

Last edited:
It would have just been distracting fanboy wankery had they gone through with it, I think. The movie has enough of it as it is, dropping little hints to things clearly irrelevant to future entries in the film series ("The Leader" being the most obvious, I can't imagine them following through on that), and I just generally think it would have been overkill.

I liked the acknowledgment the film had to the TV series, but I think that's all that was necessary.

Latest posts

Back