The Incredible Hulk Discussion Thread--SPOILERS!!

How would you rate Letterier's "The Incredible Hulk"?

• Total voters
My perfect Hulk film would be Lee's film cast w/ Norton instead. Some Lonely Man sprinkled throughout. And a major fight like the new film...only with "The Absorbing Man" instead. And maybe only nods to the Super Solider program.

Certainly the best Hulk film would be 4 parts Norton movie (Edward Norton, the atmosphere, the plot) and 1 parts Bana movie (Jennifer Connelly, Sam Elliott, the music, the intensity).

I love emotional super-hero movies. The emotion in Lee's HULK was just generally baseless, contrived to move the "plot" along and add false tension and drama, and pretty much laughable, high-school fiction all around.:(

Absolutely. The foundations of the intensity and drama were pretty shallow in the Ang Lee movie, but at least the drama was there. There was far better foundations in this new movie, but they sacrificed a large portion of the seriousness in favour of action and hi-jinks.

Also, the Hulkification scenes in the last one were far more powerful and epic. In this one, they just make him look like he's in pain.

It's always been painful for Banner to turn into the Hulk. He's ripping apart and rebuilding new cells faster than imaginable. That's going to be pretty painful. Banner never wanted to be the Hulk in the comics, why would he want to be it in the movie?

I think this film surpasses the Ang Lee one in every way. Better story , Better cast , Better fights , Better cgi hulk (though the other one did have cool cgi hulk, about the only thing that film had going for it) , Deeper charracters , More heads up to older stuff, Humour at the right time, Better music.

The last one I can't even watch all the way through anymore. This one I'm really wanting a sequel fast and looking forward to dvd/bluray and the game to come.

Though I will say this. I hope the dvd of this has the same kind of collectors box as last with the big fist. I took the film out and gave it to my brother but I kept the comic , cards ect... that were included as I thought that was neat.

Also been thinking. When lucas arts realsed star wars dvds they included a free month at hyperspace (the starwars.com pay section) I wonder if since Marvel is making these films the dvds could include a free month of their digital comic service.

I think this film surpasses the Ang Lee one in every way. Better story , Better cast , Better fights , Better cgi hulk (though the other one did have cool cgi hulk, about the only thing that film had going for it) , Deeper charracters , More heads up to older stuff, Humour at the right time, Better music.

The last one I can't even watch all the way through anymore. This one I'm really wanting a sequel fast and looking forward to dvd/bluray and the game to come.
I believe I am in the Twilight Zone. I agree completely with Mole.

*Is scared*

:panic:

Better cgi hulk (though the other one did have cool cgi hulk, about the only thing that film had going for it)

Okay, I disagree with most of the things you're saying here, but this is one thing I actually won't let you get away with. You cannot tell me you thought the CGI was better. You just can't. It was positively piss-poor.

In the scene in the University, the Hulk actually reminded me of the MegaZords from the Power Rangers movie, he was so fake. The CGI-Hulk was impossibly better in the Ang Lee movie.

I'm pretty sure the new Hulk looks better

Lee's Hulk
HulkBettynight.jpg

Letterier's Hulk
the-incredible-hulk-200803120442187.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I disagree with most of the things you're saying here, but this is one thing I actually won't let you get away with. You cannot tell me you thought the CGI was better. You just can't. It was positively piss-poor.

I do think he was better. More realistic I thought. Closer to what hulk should look like. Again I liked the other hulk but I think this one was much better.

As for it looking fake. The previous cgi hulk looked fake. You could clearly tell he was just a cgi model. The new one with darker tones , more details. Looked like he could be real. Sure we know he's not but he could be.

You prefer the old one good for you. I think New hulk is just a superior cgi model.

Okay...you've completely misunderstood what I said.

In the Ang Lee movie, Bruce Banner describes his experience as the Hulk as something akin to a very hazy dream, filled with "rage, power...and freedom." My point is that he says this in a very intense way that reflects the dark nature of the character and makes the viewer WISH that they were the Hulk.

In the Norton movie, Banner's description of what little he remembers of how it is to be the Hulk is practically just exposition. There's no intensity or drama whatsoever.

But that's exactly how it is.

And all Banner wants to do is get rid of the Hulk and it's a horrible expierience for him.

He's not supose to like it.

As for it looking fake. The previous cgi hulk looked fake. You could clearly tell he was just a cgi model. The new one with darker tones , more details. Looked like he could be real. Sure we know he's not but he could be.

You prefer the old one good for you. I think New hulk is just a superior cgi model.

Agreed, The hulk in Ang lee's looked like shrek on Roids.

Last edited:
Leehulk looks too...lumpy. Thats the only word for it.

Letterierhulk feels right. It is a Hulk I would feel as if it were raping me if Hulk was doing to me what I was doing to Betty Ross.

Leehulk looks too...lumpy. Thats the only word for it.

Letterierhulk feels right. It is a Hulk I would feel as if it were raping me if Hulk was doing to me what I was doing to Betty Ross.

Plus the new Hulk wasn't 12 feet tall. He was more like 9 which is better overall.

I do think he was better. More realistic I thought. Closer to what hulk should look like. Again I liked the other hulk but I think this one was much better.

I can't believe I'm going to say this....

I agree with Mole on this.

Latest posts

Back