The Incredible Hulk Discussion Thread--SPOILERS!!

How would you rate Letterier's "The Incredible Hulk"?

• Total voters
I didn't like it. It was alright, I guess. But I didn't enjoy watching it. I could have not gone and probably wouldn't have cared.

Ever since the idea of a new Hulk movie with Ed Norton attached was announced, I was excited. But then I begun to see more and more of it... and I lost interest. I heard it was good so I went. I was disappointed.

I like Ed Norton. He was a good Bruce Banner. But there wasn't anything special about him. The Hulk was average. I just don't think the Hulk was designed to be shown on the screen. There's been at least three versions, and they'll all been a bit off.

Liv Tyler is boring boring boring.

I normally like Tim Roth, but I didn't like him here. Emil Blonsky just seemed lame... and then all the supersoldier crap. No. It just looked out of place. Captain America is the supersoldier. Not Emil Blonsky. Abomination looked like ****.

William Hurt (is that who it was?) was okay. I prefer Sam Elliot though.

I thought the flashback scenes at the beginning were kinda lame. It felt really tacked on. I did like the beginning with Banner working at the factory and stuff. But... meh. I didn't really enjoy it.

Oh, and Samuel Sterns was ****ing ridiculous. One, a green guy with an orange jumpsuit with a giant head is not a good villain. So they decide to use the name and give it to a character that's human. And then they make him nutty. That's okay, I guess. Then they give him a sample of the Banner blood and make his head ****ing move! What the ****. That was ridiculous. If there's a sequel, I can't believe they'll use the Leader as the villain, let alone this damn actor as him.

And then it ends with him losing control (or gaining control?). The Tony Stark scene was good, but if you hadn't seen Iron Man, you would have no idea what was going on. I'm pretty sure I was the only person in the cinema who knew what was happening.

It was a lot better than Lee's Hulk, but it just wasn't as good as it could've been.

Also, this movie just made me want to read The Ultimates again. I like that Hulk the best.

Quoted for truth.

Pretty much agree with everything Proj said. For the record, I lost any respect I might have had for Tim Roth's performance before the film came out when he stated that his primary method for conveying Emil Blonsky as a character was "will my son think that this is cool?" and how "You can't take these kinds of films too seriously, at all."

I finally got to see this.

I think it was just below the greatness of Iron Man. I like these two Marvel movies best, probably, because they were the most straightforward and did a great job with the characters. It was mostly about the great character moments and the intense effects. You couldn't ask for more in a summer movie.

Ed Norton was great as Banner, too. Better than Banna definitely.

I thought, for the entire movie, that Mr. Blue would turn out to be Tony Stark, but it was a cool set up for the Leader. (I do believe that's who it was, right?)

Tim Roth also did a good job, although it was a bit fun to see him with a CG jacked body.

Anyway, I gave this rating one under Hulk Smashing good... lol. Very cool movie.

This movie takes place before Iron Man, right? That's why he doesn't show up and instead of 2008 the time reference was years later. The military have older outfits like Doom noticed, and, obviously, Stark wasn't called in until a possible time jump at the end.

Possible?

This movie takes place before Iron Man, right? That's why he doesn't show up and instead of 2008 the time reference was years later. The military have older outfits like Doom noticed, and, obviously, Stark wasn't called in until a possible time jump at the end.

Possible?

You're thinking about it too much.

Well, I saw this again today and I enjoyed probably a little bit more. I gave the special effects a pretty hard time the last time around and in all honesty, they're actually pretty good in some parts; but I find that the diabolically bad parts cancel out the good.

As for the intensity, I think the Hulk (when he was the Hulk) was certainly more intense than the Ang Lee version but I think that Banner could have used a little bit more emotion, especially in the run-ups to the Hulkification scenes.

I still can't forgive the atrocious ending for what should have been ('The Lonely Man' and Banner walking away) and Tim Roth, William Hurt and Liv Tyler all irritated me quite a bit in different ways, so my ranking for this film isn't going to change. It's a really good Hulk movie, and it's certainly more fun than the last one, but it's just not incredible.

7.5/10

I really enjoyed this movie I thought it was absolutely great. The acting (aside for Liv) was excellent, the cgi was beautiful, the story was top, and the style was perfect. The only two downsides I saw was The pacing was really fast, at times we were jumping around a lot, and I don't think the general public enjoyed the super soldier aspects as much. It really felt like it was relying on future continuity too much. Almost like the whole movie is just a set up rather than a Hulk movie. Iron man, the movie only about him with a hint on something more at the end. Also I really would have preferred the original ending with Cap, it seems like it would have worked better.

Still over all a great movie, I am now satisfied with Marvel running things.

I watched Ang Lee's Hulk again last night after a 2-hour session of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction on the PS2.

Lee's Hulk still rocks my socks off and I think I might have to start devising a kill-plan for everyone who thinks Hurt is the better Ross.

Lee's Hulk still rocks my socks off and I think I might have to start devising a kill-plan for everyone who thinks Hurt is the better Ross.

I would have to see Elliot in a movie that doesn't suck before making a claim. I didn't like his performance but that could mainly be because of dialogue and bad directing

I really wished they'd put the alternative ending online already. The suspense is killing me.

It's a tale of two movies, with an oddly similar ending.

Five years ago, "Hulk," the first movie based on Marvel's hulking green comic book character, rang up $245 million in worldwide box office but was widely dismissed as a commercial failure.

The second attempt, "The Incredible Hulk," amped up the fun factor and dialed down the brooding of director Ang Lee's original but is unlikely to gross significantly higher than its predecessor and might not spawn a sequel. And it's been dubbed a success.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080709/121559147200.html

They might not do a hulk sequel. That sucks.

Good. They don't need to do sequels for everything. The Avengers should act as sequels to Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk.

Good. They don't need to do sequels for everything. The Avengers should act as sequels to Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk.

Yeah but I wanted to see where they took the leader thing from this film as I can't see him been the bad guy in avengers. Plus I want Grey hulk live action.

Latest posts

Back