The Incredible Hulk general Series discussion (Spoilers)

Re: The Incredible Hulk Series Discussion (Spoilers)

Hey Everyone

Long time lurker blah blah blah

Fury is probably packing his dacks if he knows of a planet full of Hulks. He has enough problems with one hulk I dont think he would like the idea of having more drop in to say hello.

Or maybe he has come up with a way for Banner to control Hulk a little more.

Just speculating

Mentalgoliath said:
Hey Everyone

Long time lurker blah blah blah

Fury is probably packing his dacks if he knows of a planet full of Hulks. He has enough problems with one hulk I dont think he would like the idea of having more drop in to say hello.

Or maybe he has come up with a way for Banner to control Hulk a little more.

Just speculating
Again Welcome. Hulk is the most underrated mainstream title. But I doubt it will be a "planet of hulks" sounds too cheese to me.

Some decent/interesting stuff.

Hulk is on his way to space to confront some big war satellite. We see flashbacks of Nick Fury talking to Banner about what's going on. There's pages of technical garbage that personally bored the hell out of me. Bottom line is according to Fury, Hydra built a superweapon that SHIELD can't take down because the A.I. is too powerful. Fury wants Banner to "Smash it up". Banner agrees because millions of lives are at stake. So they send him up and he instantly gets attacked by the machine. The final panel shows Hulk wrapped in a robotic tentacle looking at the machine... It turns out it wasn't made by Hydra and there's a SHIELD emblem on the side.

It was kind've boring but like the last issue the twist at the end helped a bit. Also, I'm not a fan of this use of Fury when we're not sure where he is in the rest of the MU.

3/5

I've actully enjoyed this new team so far. The art is way above average ( JUst wish the covers were better). It seems like fury, having expereince with the hulk's other incarnations wouldn't unestimate his intelligence (hey it's not 1971 anymore). I mean dosn't this guy study people's abilities and history for a living? I didn't know Fury was this ignorant. I also thought the breathing device looked cheesy on the hulk. It reminded me of kingdomcome where superman and wonder woman were having a specail moment in outer space and wearing similar breathing/comm devices. oh well , I give this issue #89 a B-.

Wow. I'm blown away. Fury and SHIELD screw Banner over and leave him in space to die. I admire them trying to get rid of what they view as a threat to humanity, but wow.

Doc Comic said:
Wow. I'm blown away. Fury and SHIELD screw Banner over and leave him in space to die. I admire them trying to get rid of what they view as a threat to humanity, but wow.

It could be possible that they actually have faith that The Hulk can destroy the satellite. Maybe it was a SHIELD experiment gone wrong.

Doc Comic said:
Haven't read this yet, but i'm starting to realize why the upcoming event might be titled "Planet Hulk" ;)

Last edited:

Hulk #90

Lots and lots of Action.

Liked the issue but was more of a connector. This "Godseye" satellite is really kicking everyone's ***. Hulk fights it for a while and Fury watches until they lose feed. When Hulk disappears into it. Fury sends a second team and they get wiped out immediately. Even worse the thing is no being run on Gamma Radiation. Bruce Banner wakes up inside and comes face to face with dead bodies everywhere and a humanoid machine that repeats the "What are you" question. We know where this is going but where will it go after that?

Still confused on continuity.

4/5

TheManWithoutFear said:
Hulk #90

Lots and lots of Action.

Liked the issue but was more of a connector. This "Godseye" satellite is really kicking everyone's ***. Hulk fights it for a while and Fury watches until they lose feed. When Hulk disappears into it. Fury sends a second team and they get wiped out immediately. Even worse the thing is no being run on Gamma Radiation. Bruce Banner wakes up inside and comes face to face with dead bodies everywhere and a humanoid machine that repeats the "What are you" question. We know where this is going but where will it go after that?

Still confused on continuity.

4/5

This was okay. The ship absorbing his radaition was odd. I give it a 3.

Fantastic Four #533 kind of ties into this, or maybe it doesn't. In FF #533, the Hulk is at least somewhat intelligent and doing another mission for SHIELD, apparently, when a gamma bomb goes off. It alters his physiology so that he's at least four or five times the size of the Thing with gray skin.

News about Planet Hulk on IGN

Planet Hulk Timeline
Writer: Greg Pak
Artist: Carlo Pagulayan
Covers by Ladronn

Prelude
Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk: Prelude TPB March

Part One Feb-May 2006

Planet Hulk: Exile
Issues 92-95

Giant Size Incredible Hulk #1 June 2006

24 brand new pages of story tying into Planet Hulk
Reprinting Hulk the End

Part Two July-Oct 2006

Planet Hulk Handbook
Planet Hulk: Anarchy
Issues 96-99

Part Three Nov 2006-Feb 2007

Planet Hulk: Allegiance
Issues 100-103

Finale Mar-Apr 2007

Planet Hulk Armageddon
Issues 104-105

click the link for more details.

Last edited:

Finally, Hulk: The End! Can't wait to read that. Everyone said it was good.

I'm looking forward to the giant size issue for the Hulk the end. I wanted to get that for so long.

thee great one said:
News about Planet Hulk on IGN

Planet Hulk Timeline
Writer: Greg Pak
Artist: Carlo Pagulayan
Covers by Ladronn

Prelude
Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk: Prelude TPB March

Part One Feb-May 2006

Planet Hulk: Exile
Issues 92-95

Giant Size Incredible Hulk #1 June 2006

24 brand new pages of story tying into Planet Hulk
Reprinting Hulk the End

Part Two July-Oct 2006

Planet Hulk Handbook
Planet Hulk: Anarchy
Issues 96-99

Part Three Nov 2006-Feb 2007

Planet Hulk: Allegiance
Issues 100-103

Finale Mar-Apr 2007

Planet Hulk Armageddon
Issues 104-105

click the link for more details.
Sounds sweet. Can't wait. I just hope we get good Hulk stories. It's usually a gamble.

I'm totally psyched for Planet Hulk, should be great. But then again it IS Marvel so it could be bollocks.

How many people are gonna pick this up?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back